SB Loser Jinx - 2012 Pats predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveNorthShore. Show DaveNorthShore's posts

SB Loser Jinx - 2012 Pats predictions

The trend lately has been the loser of the SB has a poor year the following year (i.e not making playoffs).  In '08 after the '07 SB Pats lose Brady in the first game.  Any thoughts on how the 2012 Pats will fare with this Jinx?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: SB Loser Jinx - 2012 Pats predictions

Giants have a poor season, revert to their true form and the Pats are back in it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I agree that the Giants will fall off the map next year. A lot of players up for free agency, and NOBODY repeats anymore. If I was a bettin' man, I'd be willing to bet a dollar that none of the Mannings will ever get back to the Super Bowl. Peyton is basically washed up, and Eli's luck will run out, starting next year. The argument against the Patriots is a valid one. Super Bowl losers don't usually fair well the next year, but in the case of 08, it was injuries that kept them out. As a whole, teams that lose MULTIPLE Super Bowls never fare well again when they get back. One you can get past, but more than one has been a death knell. One saving grace is the cap room, the high draft picks, and the clear understanding of the areas that need improvement. We have two or three good years left with Brady--barring major injury. NOW is the time to capitalize and make 2 or 3 moves in the offseason to get us over the top. Reggie Wayne is a free agent, and doesn't want to return to Indy. Beyond the fact that he's an ex-Colt, do you think he's an option? Or is he already past his prime? I'm not sure what to think there. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveNorthShore. Show DaveNorthShore's posts

Examiner - the injuries are what seem to plague SB losers and the Pats, like any other team, can't survive a rash of injuries.  As for the draft picks/FA I'm sure we'll all by screaming at BB as he goes to the FA bargain bin/old receiver/weird draft picks again in April

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: SB Loser Jinx - 2012 Pats predictions:
    [QUOTE]Examiner - the injuries are what seem to plague SB losers and the Pats, like any other team, can't survive a rash of injuries.  As for the draft picks/FA I'm sure we'll all by screaming at BB as he goes to the FA bargain bin/old receiver/weird draft picks again in April
    Posted by DaveNorthShore[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but do you think losing a second SB ("two is a trend") will shake him out of his lethargy? Think it will influence Bob to open the check book? The draft has been awful, but it's so much of a crap shoot--you just never know. Hopefully they can hit on 3 of those top 4 1-2 round picks and get one or two FA's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB Loser Jinx - 2012 Pats predictions : nostrodamus you ain't
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Now we'd have to wait til the end of their careers to say that for sure wouldn't we? But what I AM is someone who's been following football for 30 years. Bet you a dollar neither one of them ever get back.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB Loser Jinx - 2012 Pats predictions : its a bet

LOL...how do we collect, cuz I aint giving you my personal information...If I lose I'll post a picture of a dollar! Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

[QUOTE]Examiner - the injuries are what seem to plague SB losers and the Pats, like any other team, can't survive a rash of injuries.  As for the draft picks/FA I'm sure we'll all by screaming at BB as he goes to the FA bargain bin/old receiver/weird draft picks again in April
    Posted by DaveNorthShore[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. He have doing this for the last fourth years and no SB. He changing his tune this offseaon. No more trading down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB Loser Jinx - 2012 Pats predictions : its a bet

as for you, little pest. You should worry. NFC is a tough now. Giants will never win again. SF will be the NFC champs next season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB Loser Jinx - 2012 Pats predictions : I doubt it. He have doing this for the last fourth years and no SB. He changing his tune this offseaon. No more trading down.
    Posted by Cloudyandrain[/QUOTE]

Yip, I tend to think that too. Winning is what BB is all about, and I think he's going to start digging deeper. He really needs to win one more to ease the criticism that he and TB have lost it. I look for the team to be pretty good next year IF they don't have a rash of major injuries.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB Loser Jinx - 2012 Pats predictions : as for you, little pest. You should worry. NFC is a tough now. Giants will never win again. SF will be the NFC champs next season.
    Posted by Cloudyandrain[/QUOTE]

This is also possible. Can't say for sure who will come out of the NFC, could be Niners, could be a Packer rebound--but I'll tell you who it WON'T be: The GIANTS. This is one thing I can relax about next year. NOBODY repeats as champion anymore. The 04 Pats were a huge anomaly.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB Loser Jinx - 2012 Pats predictions : Yip, I tend to think that too. Winning is what BB is all about, and I think he's going to start digging deeper. He really needs to win one more to ease the criticism that he and TB have lost it. I look for the team to be pretty good next year IF they don't have a rash of major injuries.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

After they lost to the Steelers and the Giants during the mid season, finally BB recognize that he needs to fix his defense.

There is a interview at Espn  before the Super Bowl when Keyshawn Joshnson ask BB why his defense is rank 31st when he was once a defensive coordinator.

He was a little defesive but he said that he will continuing on any area of defense or something similar to it.

Josh McDaniels will bring the old school back to the offense while Belichick fix his  defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yes. I feel like I did at the end of the Sox season last year. It was painful and ugly, but I feel more like going back at it now than ever. Can't wait til July.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB Loser Jinx - 2012 Pats predictions : yeah well, big pest, we all know who the champs are this year, now dont we?

until September :P

The Packers and the Saints hire a defensive coordinator. The Falcons just need to train Ryan a little more. Niners need a WR to help Smith. Lions are a beast.

Giant will not  be back as champs. Enjoy it while you can. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]Yes. I feel like I did at the end of the Sox season last year. It was painful and ugly, but I feel more like going back at it now than ever. Can't wait til July.

yea hopefully the redsox give us alot to cheer about this year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB Loser Jinx - 2012 Pats predictions : yeah well, big pest, we all know who the champs are this year, now dont we?

True, but the down side of winning this year is that the fun is sort of over. You have NOT winning almost for sure to look forward to next year. It's one of the infelicities of sporting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well the last two years both Super Bowl participants have made the playoffs. So the Super Bowl team playoff jinx maybe dead. On paper if given both teams chances of making back to the playoffs I like the Pats chances better then the Giants. AFC overall is weaker and the Giants have to play a pretty tough schedule.

Pats
    Home: Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Broncos, Colts, Texans, Seahawks, 49ers
    Road: Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Ravens, Jaguars, Titans, Rams (London), Cardinals

Giants
    Home: Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Saints, Buccanneers, Browns, Steelers, Packers
    Road: Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Falcons, Panthers, Ravens, Bengals, 49ers

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i dont see the giants falling off the map like some of you assume.....as long as they have #10, they will be in the mix

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

[QUOTE]Well the last two years both Super Bowl participants have made the playoffs. So the Super Bowl team playoff jinx maybe dead. On paper if given both teams chances of making back to the playoffs I like the Pats chances better then the Giants. AFC overall is weaker and the Giants have to play a pretty tough schedule. Pats Home: Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Broncos, Colts, Texans, Seahawks, 49ers Road: Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Ravens, Jaguars, Titans, Rams (London), Cardinals Giants Home: Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Saints, Buccanneers, Browns, Steelers, Packers Road: Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Falcons, Panthers, Ravens, Bengals, 49ers
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Saints, Redskins,Niners,Bengals />Giants.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB Loser Jinx - 2012 Pats predictions : yea hopefully the redsox give us alot to cheer about this year
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Yes, or at least NOT a horrendous disaster? One thing I've noticed about Boston sports teams, is that when they lose, they pick the most brutal way, almost as if to exact the most pain possible from the fan base. Then, when they win they win in spectacular fashion, and it comes in clusters.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB Loser Jinx - 2012 Pats predictions : Yes, or at least NOT a horrendous disaster? One thing I've noticed about Boston sports teams, is that when they lose, they pick the most brutal way, almost as if to exact the most pain possible from the fan base. Then, when they win they win in spectacular fashion, and it comes in clusters.

yes, but it does make it exciting at least lol....last years redsox collapse was like a punch in the balls though