SB predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

SB predictions

With the playoffs about to start what say everybody? I have "Na-lans" partying with Saints over San Diego......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: SB predictions

Pats 27  Iggles 20

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

There's wishful thinking: Pats 20 - Saints 17

Then there is sober reality: Chargers 28 - Saints 24

Then there is media wishful thinking: Colts 35 - Saints 31

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I predict the Patriots win the Super Bowl.  The Brett Favre's will put up a great fight, but a last minute interception by Bodden seals the game. 

Bodden wins Super Bowl MVP and becomes a New England legend.  He is quickly shipped off to the other side of the country to live out his career in mediocrity.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

For some crazy reason, i am optimistic for the post season.  I know it's totally blind faith, but here are the reasons why:

a) A fresh and Rested Taylor for the Post Season.  Maroney and Taylor = excellent 1-2 punch.
    b) Creativity on the Defense for the first time this year = pressure on opposing QB and improved pass defense.
    c) The PATS have lead every game this year in the 2nd half except for one game.  That tells me the personnel is capable of winning. 
    d) Brady and all other injured PATS will have week 17 to rest.
    e) Burgess finally adjusting to the Defense.  Making some plays.
    f) Moss with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove.
    g) Volmer and Light starting and healthy = time for Brady.
    h) A rested Springs - and Sanders and revitalized Secondary.....
    i) No Pressure on the PATS this year.  1st time in a long time, they fly under the radar.

I can dream, can't I?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

If you guys want to write off the Pats go right ahead but I learned a long long time ago that you never pick against the Pats in the playoffs so I say the Pats make it all the way and beat the Saints in a rematch. 24 to 17 the Pats bring home another title.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

For the last 42 years I've been predicting the Pats win the Superbowl and I see no reson to change now. The score...who cares as long as the Pats win!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

My prediction: Chargers over the Vikings, 27 - 17

Now, what I want to happen: Patriots over the Packers, 31 - 24

Worse case scenario: Colts over the Saints, 31 - 17 (That would be terrible!)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Prediction:  Eagles 31 Chargers 28

Desire:  Pats 41 Packers 10 (revenge)

Worst Case:  Colts 45 Cowboys 13

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Prediction: Patriots 27 Eagles 20

Desire: Patriots 49 Giants 3

Worst Case: Colts 24 Saints 20 (this would be the most homosexual outcome ever)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think the hottest team in the NFC is the Eagles. I see them going to the SB.

And I see the Pats finally getting the offense together and getting to the SB.

heck no one gave the 2001 Pats a chance, and they got there and for one of the best SB's in history.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

I just don't think it's our year, but watch the hell out for next year.  So yes, I'm the glass half-empty poster (but I'd so love to be wrong).  I'm liking San Diego vs. Saints (I think that loss to Dallas will do them more good than harm) with a mind-boggling offensive output - so I'll go 44-41 victory for SD in overtime.

Again, just for the record, I'd love to be totally wrong on this and see a 24-21 Pats win over Philly!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

How's this for a crazy prediction?

Patriots: 35
    Cardinals: 31

Patriots take early lead but lose it and have to go on a game winning drive late in the 4th quarter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichicksDisciples7. Show BelichicksDisciples7's posts

I gotta stick to my original prediction in the pre-season which would be a rematch of Super Bowl XXXIX, the Pats and Eagles with the Pats winning 27-23.

I just don't see the Chargers being able to ever pull through in the playoffs. They have always been a fantastic regular season team but have never been able to finish it off in the playoffs and we all know Peyton's struggles in the playoffs. Pats offense starts rolling and the defense continues to step up as the pats win their 4th super bowl in 9 years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

It's the Eagles year ... to lose to the Pats, 31-28.  Pats win their 4th Super Bowl by 3 points, fans complain that the defense must s uck if the score was so close.

Worst case:  the Jests or Phish win it all.  That would s uck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

These very same New England Patriots set to do battle with an invading horde of Vikings. 

Teams are starting to figure out New Orleans, and the Colts still have Captain Forehead as their QB. We all know that Captain Forehead can be outstanding in the regular season and not outstanding when it really matters.

The Vikings have the second best RB in the league (Chris Johnson is the best), arguably, the best defense in the NFC, and a team united thanks to ESPN's "Farve-gate". 

The Pats still have Tom"terrific", Moss-man, The great white Wes, Darth Belichick, and a defense that is playing better than they have ever since the loss to New Orleans. With Maroney running harder, faster, better; and the return of Twinkle Toe Fred the running game will be what the Pats need to close out games that they have struggled to finish on the road. We all know what this NE team looks like at it's best (34-17 against Indy, in Indy) if they play like that in the playoffs (like they played in the first three quarters), they can't possibly lose.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 18coltfire. Show 18coltfire's posts

Obviously a very homeristic thread but you're forgetting one important fact--the Colts only play their Super Bowls in the glitz of Miami--and guess where the Super Bowl is this year. You may get lucky and win your home playoff game, but I can't see you beating Rivers & Manning back to back on the road. Even though this is an AFC "home" Super Bowl, I will send a note to the Colts to wear white in Miami. Steelers did it in 2005 and beat Seattle and everyone remembers Colts in blue in SB III and what happened....I expect to meet the Saints there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

First: 8/19/2007
    Last: 12/27/2009
    Obviously a very homeristic thread but you're forgetting one important fact--the Colts only play their Super Bowls in the glitz of Miami--and guess where the Super Bowl is this year. You may get lucky and win your home playoff game, but I can't see you beating Rivers & Manning back to back on the road. Even though this is an AFC "home" Super Bowl, I will send a note to the Colts to wear white in Miami. Steelers did it in 2005 and beat Seattle and everyone remembers Colts in blue in SB III and what happened....I expect to meet the Saints there.

Not sure how the thread is homeristic, the name is SB predictions, with a prediction of NO and SD.  Obviously responses at a Boston site predict the Pats to the SB.  Way to go out on the limb and predict the 2 teams with the best record for the SB.  The truth is the last time the 2 teams with the best record met in the SB was 6 years ago when the Pats and Eagles met up in 2003.  Plenty of 5th and 6th seeds have gone and it is likely there will be upsets.  coming in with the best record doesn't matter, the game still starts 0-0.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Right now I'm thinking Saints over Chargers in a shoot out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Actually shenangan last time two #1 seeds met in the Super Bowl was 1993 season. Pats were #2 behind Pittsburgh the year we played Philly. So not very often the two best teams meet in the Super Bowl. I don't think this will change this year. Also weighing in the Colts tendency to falter come playoff time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In my little world: Pats 35 Saints 28
    Real world (not as fun):  Chargers 24 Saints 17

In marshall faulk's world: Anyone but the Pats

I like my world better.