SCAR drops hint that Waters may NOT be coming back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

SCAR drops hint that Waters may NOT be coming back?

From Reiss' column today....

Maybe a hint that Brian Waters isn't coming back? When asked about the return of left guard Logan Mankins and right tackle Sebastian Vollmer from the physically unable to perform list, Scarnecchia said: "As much as we can, we're able to get bodies working side by side that hopefully will be working side by side when it's for real in September. We tried to keep Logan with Nate [Solder] and tried to keep Sebastian over there with [Dan] Connolly, and just give them some reps together. I think that's always a good thing. I think the most important thing for their own self-comfort, I guess, is to be able to get out, test themselves and see how everything is working and the mending process is going. It's only a good thing."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4727749/cleaning-out-joint-practice-notebook

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: SCAR drops hint that Waters may NOT be coming back?

In Response to Re: SCAR drops hint that Waters may NOT be coming back?:
    In Response to Re: SCAR drops hint that Waters may NOT be coming back? : Yeah, but didn't he basically do the same last year? He wasn't in camp for us, was he? I thought he basically walked in and started week one without camp and played pretty darn good - I could be wrong.
    Posted by mthurl

this is a well known fact. he walked in with nothing. came together with the line like magic. was one of the leagues best guards. and why we are doing this for him now (that and these are prob his conditions. hes making pennies for what he gives us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: SCAR drops hint that Waters may NOT be coming back? : this is a well known fact. he walked in with nothing. came together with the line like magic. was one of the leagues best guards. and why we are doing this for him now (that and these are prob his conditions. hes making pennies for what he gives us.
    Posted by bredbru

the only difference is I think he went thru all of camp last year with the Chiefs and then was a late cut, so he was if good shape. This year no camp anywhere. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: SCAR drops hint that Waters may NOT be coming back?":
    In Response to Re: SCAR drops hint that Waters may NOT be coming back? : the only difference is I think he went thru all of camp last year with the Chiefs and then was a late cut, so he was if good shape. This year no camp anywhere.  Posted by Quagmire3
    No, he was cut right before camp. Supposedly he didn't get along with Haley partly because he didn't participate in voluntary workouts and hadn't for years. He was probably the best guard on the market and he signed right after the last preseason game. My guess, he got offers 5 minutes after he was cut but waited to sign so he didn't have to do camp. I have no idea if he's coming back but if he's not around 5 days before the first game than I'll get worried since that's what happened last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Either he is or he isn't.
    Posted by MoreRings

This just about sums it up!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I have been saying for almost 3 months...he is not coming back, and BB made a mistake thinking Gallery was a piece of the 9 man puzzle. This would have been a non issue if the free agency dollars were spent on players who could make a difference(Lloyd) rather than rotational players (Gregory, Fanene, Gallery, Fells,  Stallworth, Carpenter, Fiametta) and fringe fodder (Gonzalez, Larsen)
    Posted by rkarp

It is always more exciting to see marquee type names and yes they are impact players. But one of the great things about a BB team is that they are deep across the board. ANd that ends up being a factor every year. I am happy that BB pays attention to detail and does not bet the salary cap that all his "starters" will be healthy for 14 games or more and all available in the playoffs. But also, it allows BB to use more packages which allows them to match up against different opponents in all kinds of weather conditions.

I get what you are saying but I think what BB does with the "rotational" players is part of what makes all his teams solid and always competititive. This was true in every SB winning team he fielded here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Water's could walk in off the street, directly from the airport after arriving from Tahiti and make the Pro Bowl... he basically did as much last year.  If he isn't coming, Cannon can be moved inside with the return of Vollmer and you have a 360 pound guard plowing the way.  

What's the problem again?

Sections
Shortcuts