225 Lb. Bench Reps:
    Vertical Jump: 36 1/2
    Broad Jump: 09'03"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.50
    3-Cone Drill: 7.51

Veldheer

Height: 6080 - better than Vollmer
    Weight: 312- same
    40 Yrd Dash: 5.09 (not his best run 4.82 at his pro day*) better than Vollmer
    20 Yrd Dash:
    10 Yrd Dash: 
    225 Lb. Bench Reps:
     32 - same
    Vertical Jump: 33"
    Broad Jump: 9' 1"- very close to vollmer
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.51- very close to Vollmer
    3-Cone Drill: 7.40 (better than vollmer)

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=86432&draftyear=2010&genpos=OT

As we can see Veldheer is quicker laterally than Vollmer and faster in the 40 time.  Veldheer is slightly taller but cannot jump as high.  They have a similar strength level. Vollmer is faster at short distances. They both have similar arm length and hand size.  As we can see they are both very similar physically and would be quite the pair to protect Brady. Another player similar to Veldheer and Vollmer is Sam Young.

Sam Young

Height: 6080
    Weight: 316
    40 Yrd Dash: 
    20 Yrd Dash: 
    10 Yrd Dash: 
    225 Lb. Bench Reps:
    Vertical Jump: 29
    Broad Jump: 8’8”
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 
    3-Cone Drill: 

Arm length: 34.5”

Hand length: 10.125”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: scary comparision

are you feeding this data to BB? i'd be happy if in the next year or two the whole o-line is nothing but Vollmer clones, a big young quick line would be great

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

It is pretty weird, both Vollmer and Veldeer have the same number of letters in their last names, which both begin with a letter V...fate?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

The numbers are very similar, but what it doesnt show is aptitude. Most of these guys can physically play the game at this level, but it remains to be seen if they are smart enough.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Numbers don't mean Jack.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I want as many Vollmers as they can get. I'd really love to see them get Campbell but with his performance in todays combine he moved past the #22 spot in the draft slotting. They may just well draft your boy Veldeer,but if they want to throw a monkey wrench in Pioli's plans they should take Young. They should also draft the WR Golden Tate as this is another KC target. But those are just ideas that I have fun with,how too mess with someones head in the Draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Hey Nate what did you do to p!ss off Gulo?"

I think he's misquoted...but let me take another look-  Nope, nothing to misinterpret there on Gulo's part.  

Seriously though G- to tha -ulo...In the future, Try to use a little more innovation or at least a witty insert when bashing someone's head to the proverbial curb, with their honest attempts at offering this forum an informative comparative analysis...  I say-Why Be Rude, when sarcasm works far better at crushing someone's creative spirit of pure innocence at sharing info with others which brings them joy...      

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Yeah, Julo, why the jerk like comment? Is life not going well for you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Interesting stats but that is all they are just numbers on paper at this point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Gulo if you have problems at home don't take them out on me, all i did was make an intelligent post. get a life/girlfriend/dog, or is that the problem? none of them can stand you?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: scary comparision:
    It is pretty weird, both Vollmer and Veldeer have the same number of letters in their last names, which both begin with a letter V...fate?
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Vollmer had a secretary named Veldeer and Veldeer had a secretary named Vollmer, too.

This is definitely getting creepy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Vollmer had a secretary named Veldeer and Veldeer had a secretary named Vollmer, too."

LOL...  Check This Out:  What if Vollmer went to Lincoln High School and Veldeer took the Rose Kennedy Greenway to get to his Dentist...  Now, IF that were true...I mean, hold on...  Oh-yea, it- It really wouldn't mean all that much I guess...sorry.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

nice use of sarcasm laz but the stuff i posted was actually relevant when scouting a player. They have very similar builds and speed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

nate~
    gotta understand when I actually sound like I'm making a meaningful connection of points, it's merely the happenstance of unintentional moments of random word associations or in some instances, a body part hitting the key strokes when I'm blacked out with my forehead on the keyboard buttons.  Really, ya gotta understand the truely incidental id!ocy I'm suggesting with my overall motives on this one...99% of the time, I'm as relevant as an oversized red-bottomed male mandrill chimp in a two-piece lingerie attempting to give some submarine captain a mint flavoured suppository before taking his leave through the ship's screen door.  I really don't know how to even make myself any clearer than I did with this example here...    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

The biggest difference may be that Vollmer was relatively unknown entering the draft whereas Veldheer is a combine superstar.  Vollmer wasn't even invited.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

But that's only true if you spell Veldheer's name wrong...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Vollmer was a reach because of his perceived lack of experience. The measurables were all there, but I tend to agree with all the people who say that measurables are good for filling up blank sheets of paper and little else.

Either that or Game Day Sims really was awesome and we were all simply not evolved enough to realize it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I have this feeling Goodell will stutter when he reads off Veldeer's name on draft day.
    Posted by russgriswold

He's not going to be a first rounder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Measurables matter, but footwork, gamefilm etc....are more important. I seriously doubt BB takes a player based solely on his combine #s. In fact game film and wonderlic are probably very heavily weighted. This kid could easily be rated lower than expected based solely on the level of comptetion he faced (hope that happens !). It's one thing to dominate Div. II opponents; completely different story when you're tearing it up in the SEC. If he is Vollmer II a 2nd round pick is well worth it. Bookends for the next 5-10 years. Nice. Grabbing a player that is rising up draft boards is always better than grabbing a player that is falling. Even if the geniuses that run ESPN think he is a "reach" (see: Fork, Mankins and Vollmer).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Ya,its nice , i hope we get him, and also 2 FA super star WR's or u can kiss the seaon goodbye again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I was actually thinking the same thing.

I know I haven't seen any film on this Veldheer kid, but if he's THAT raw then maybe he could be coached up because he wouldn't have formed any bad habits.

ESPN had this to say about him:

• Small school prospect Edwin Veldheer of Hillsdale (Mich.) was the under-the-radar story on Saturday. He has great size at 6-8⅛ and 312 pounds and his footwork is impressive. Veldheer showed that footwork off with a 4.51-second short shuttle (official), the fastest of all offensive linemen, and he clocked a good 40 time of 5.09 (official).

Veldheer moves smoothly and easily for his size and picks his feet up and puts them down quickly. He gained some momentum during the season and is continuing to make strides with his quickness and agility. His arms are on the shorter side at just 33 inches but that's really the only beef we have with what we saw from Veldheer.

I'd also like to see Bruce Campbell in a Patriots uniform.  It all depends on how the draft plays out - maybe this Veldheer kid will slide into the second round (though I doubt it - I have a bad feeling he'll end up in a Colts uniform)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

These numbers send a chill down your spine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

to quote belichick "you can't coach height and speed" 2 things which this kid has,

Sections
Shortcuts