Schedule next season and the TD streak record

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Schedule next season and the TD streak record

I thought about this last night and think it's legitimate,

What do you think the chances are that Goodell will get the schedule makers to put the Saints-Pats game on either the day Brady can potentially tie the TD streak record, or break it?

1. It adds another plot that the media can play around with for a week.

2. Brees and Goodell obviously have a rocky relationship, and maybe part of him wants to see Brees' record go down in front of him.

Don't know how much input Goodell can have with the schedule, but I would find this scenario funny

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Schedule next season and the TD streak record

This brings up the issue of real vrs fake streaks - The Dolts hold the fake streak with 22 wins in a row, was in the year that they got bounced out of playoffs and Pittsburg won SB, whille Pats hold real record of 21 in a row where they won SB 38 continuing into the next season. The real streak for Brady is 17 games with TD passes as he didnt throw on in AFC champ game last year....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

This brings up the issue of real vrs fake streaks - The Dolts hold the fake streak with 22 wins in a row, was in the year that they got bounced out of playoffs and Pittsburg won SB, whille Pats hold real record of 21 in a row where they won SB 38 continuing into the next season. The real streak for Brady is 17 games with TD passes as he didnt throw on in AFC champ game last year....

A lot of such streaks.

Pats home win streak discounted the 2009 and 2010 playoff game.

Same thing with Brady's INT streak.

For the true streaks, I like to include the playoff games. That being said, I can understand why the NFL recognizes the records without the post season. It's harder to continue streaks during the playoffs because the competition is tougher and players are more fatigued and thus more likely to a have a drop off in productivity.

It would also make other records nearly impossible for players to break without making it to the postseason (TD record, yards record, etc.) It would thus punish great players from having record breaking seasons for not being on a better team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Like a guy named Barry Sanders??? Twice the player Emmit Smith was but because never got to SB never got the glory...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

I Would Rather Have A Super Bowl Win, Then Records.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Like a guy named Barry Sanders??? Twice the player Emmit Smith was but because never got to SB never got the glory...

Don't know what record you're talking about, but like Brees' passing yards record.

6404 passing yards last season. Nearly impossible to break without getting a couple of post season games in there to add to the yardage

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I remember Dan Marino interviewing Brady - Brady mentioned all the records Marino held, and Marino replied "you can have them all for one of your SB rings"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

I Would Rather Have A Super Bowl Win, Then Records.......

What does that have to do with anything? Never said I wanted Brady to have that streak record than win the Super Bowl

Thread was started just to bring up the potential fact that Goodell would set up the scenario where Brees' would see his record fall in front of him. 

No harm no foul

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Besides no records were even kept years ago....sacks not until 70s. Besides as a 47 year old I remember 14 game seasons, so 1000 yards in those days was acutally an accomplishment. Football was played on grass outside so a 45 yard field goal was something....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Besides no records were even kept years ago....sacks not until 70s. Besides as a 47 year old I remember 14 game seasons, so 1000 yards in those days was acutally an accomplishment. Football was played on grass outside so a 45 yard field goal was something....

I don't care that much about the records. You brought up the "real vs fake" streaks thing and I offered an explanation as to why I think the NFL excludes the post season games.

This thread was more or less about if Goodell would get the schedule makers to set up Brady bringing down Brees' streak in front of Brees. Brees has been vocal about his disdain for Goodell. We all know the record means something to Brees. We all know there are issues between Goodell and Brees. That's all this was ever meant to be about

Sections
Shortcuts