Scheduling Advantage.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Scheduling Advantage.

Pitt playing the late West Coast Game...They get home late sunday night or early Monday...then have to play saturday night, so thats another day of preparation lost.

I know we lost to them this season when we had a bye, but it would be extremely devastating if we lost to them.

Game is still played on the field, and I expect it to be close...but we have so many advantages going for us.

and yes, im assuming DEN is losing tomorrow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Scheduling Advantage.

We will shred Pissburgh if they show up at the Razor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Is Belichick still undefeated when replaying a team a team in the playoffs that the Pats lost to earlier in the year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Pats also get one less day to prep.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Scheduling Advantage.:
    [QUOTE]Is Belichick still undefeated when replaying a team a team in the playoffs that the Pats lost to earlier in the year?
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

They lost to the Jets in the regular season last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Pats also get one less day to prep.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Denver is still pretty fresh in their memories, they can prep for Pitt and pray for Denver.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]Is Belichick still undefeated when replaying a team a team in the playoffs that the Pats lost to earlier in the year?

The Jets beat them last year in the playoffs after splitting the season games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Pittsburgh has been playing like they are seriously suffering from all the injuries and players lost.  Cleveland wasn't an easy game for Pitts, and they really wanted to get ahead of Baltimore if possible.

I agree that Denver has been playing like everyone has figured Tebow out, but lots of teams are playing injured right now and Pittsburgh is one of the worst.  If Pitts pulls the wild card game out of the fire, it may well be late in the fourth quarter. 

No, the fifth seed does Pitts few favors, except of course they get to play Denver.  They should have beaten Baltimore while they had the chance.

Assuming that Pitts squeaks through Denver, New England has all the advantages.  I assume that BB has been planning for Ben Roofies most of the time this past week, and has just dumped all of the team's Cincinnati video footage.  I was giving a 4.5 point advantage for the game after a bye week during the season, but for the playoffs I'm toning it down to a 3 point advantage.  Home field is still worth another 3.1 points. 

Cincinnati went down quick, and that will probably drag their division down a half a point on my power ratings.  For my strength-of-victory numbers, its all about whether you were beating good teams or bunnies, and by how much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

One less day to prep? they had 2 weeks to prepare!!!In Response to Re: Scheduling Advantage.:
    [QUOTE]Pats also get one less day to prep.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The scheduling is magnificent for the Pats.  Assuming that Pitt goes down like a Sam Adams, the Patriots get an extra day to prepare for the Houston @ Baltimore winner.  I don't quite put Baltimore as a shoo-in, so that game might be a drawn-out physical fourth quarter game.

My numbers have Pitt at New England as a 10.5 point spread, none too close. 

The stories coming out of Pittsburgh are none too encouraging.  The running backs coach caught fire, literally, and needed hospitalization for serious burns a couple of days ago.  That process sounds like a pretty long road.  Redman really needs a good running backs coach so he can hold onto the football (2 fumbles last week and here comes playoff pressure), and his backup at RB is just up from the practice squad.  Also, Ben Roofies has suffered a leg injury setback in practice.  Add all of this to the 6 day period between two away games, and maybe I should add 3 more points to my current spread.  Not a close game!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I am just hoping the Pats don't come out flat after the week off. I want to see them come out smoking and put points up early and often.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scheduling Advantage. : They lost to the Jets in the regular season last year.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Great - not the question though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Scheduling Advantage.": [QUOTE]One less day to prep? they had 2 weeks to prepare!!!In Response to Re: Scheduling Advantage. : Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE] They don't know who their opponent is yet. Baltimore already knows who they're playing next.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scheduling Advantage. : Great - not the question though.

They lost to the Colts in 06 before losing to them in the playoffs and I think the same thing happened with Denver in 05 (not sure though).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I agree , The Steelers are limping into the playoffs, I'm not giving Denver much of a chance but one never knows, if they can keep it close they could pull it off! I think either team would be a W for the PATS! I'm tired of the Pundits saying that The RVens will show the Pats how the game is played, I don't see the Ravens the treat they use to be, The Texans are to me a stronger team. I think the SB will be the Pats against Green Bay, I know a lot of people are picking the Saints but I still think GB is better but either one will be a good match up. I'm probably the only one that hates Brees. I just find him obnoxious! I'm not a huge fan of Rodgers and his touch down dance, I just don't care for that style! I'm so use to the Pats and their way. Brady didn't take time to celeberate his passing record like others.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scheduling Advantage. : They lost to the Colts in 06 before losing to them in the playoffs and I think the same thing happened with Denver in 05 (not sure though).
    Posted by e4smith[/QUOTE]

Wow, they did at both. I thought that one stat was still alive and well. Thanks for the info.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]The scheduling is magnificent for the Pats.  Assuming that Pitt goes down like a Sam Adams, the Patriots get an extra day to prepare for the Houston @ Baltimore winner.  I don't quite put Baltimore as a shoo-in, so that game might be a drawn-out physical fourth quarter game. My numbers have Pitt at New England as a 10.5 point spread, none too close.  The stories coming out of Pittsburgh are none too encouraging.  The running backs coach caught fire, literally, and needed hospitalization for serious burns a couple of days ago.  That process sounds like a pretty long road.  Redman really needs a good running backs coach so he can hold onto the football (2 fumbles last week and here comes playoff pressure), and his backup at RB is just up from the practice squad.  Also, Ben Roofies has suffered a leg injury setback in practice.  Add all of this to the 6 day period between two away games, and maybe I should add 3 more points to my current spread.  Not a close game!
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Are you willing to back that number with cold, hard cash???
    Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In response to "Re: Scheduling Advantage.": [QUOTE]Pats also get one less day to prep. Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE] The only team they have been prepping for the past week is Pitt. So they have two weeks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

None of it matters. The team that plays better wins. Everything before that is meaningless. The Pats need to run the ball well and hope the D has taken some smelling salts and woke up. By the way, we cut James Sanders and he is playing pretty well for Atlanta. We couldn't use him somewhere. I think that was a bonehead move by BB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Scheduling Advantage.": [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Scheduling Advantage.": The only team they have been prepping for the past week is Pitt. So they have two weeks Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE] Oh, ok. I didn't realize we had a Patriot insider here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In response to "Re: Scheduling Advantage.": [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Scheduling Advantage.": Oh, ok. I didn't realize we had a Patriot insider here. Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE] If you had any common sense, you would know that yourself, rocket scientist. BB said they prep for all possible teams. They had limited options.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Scheduling Advantage.": [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Scheduling Advantage.": If you had any common sense, you would know that yourself, rocket scientist. BB said they prep for all possible teams. They had limited options. Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE] You said "The only team they have been prepping for this past week is PITT." Now you say "BB said they prep for all possible teams." Which is it?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Pittsburgh plays a very physical game. The fact that they are beat up and will be playing on a short week has to seriously hurt their chances of keeping up with the Patriots in the second half.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

That was then, this is now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think the Patriots will have the advantage no matter who they play.  They are at home and had a week off.  I am sure they spent the last week reviewing what they need to correct.  Fix the slow starts and they will be good against either team.  I would love to see the Giants and Patriots in the superbowl.  Green Bay and The Saints scare me.  They have a lot of offense.

Sections
Shortcuts