schefter just confirmend my speculation: pats only offer was 10 mil 2 years

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

schefter just confirmend my speculation: pats only offer was 10 mil 2 years

we'll take you, but not for that much.

brady beyond enraged according to curran

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Re: schefter just confirmend my speculation: pats only offer was 10 mil 2 years

Pats won nothing apart from a stack of regular season games with Welker but he did struggle in the play offs. I just hope they have a plan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

Pats won nothing apart from a stack of regular season games with Welker but he did struggle in the play offs. I just hope they have a plan.

ive been hoping for a move to a boldin/t smith type of setup. not as susceptable to stalled drives

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

Link?  I highly doubt Brady is throwing some tantrum because they didn't keep Wes.

BB has something up his sleeve.  It's the second day of Free Agency.  It isn't the be all end all.  The Patriots will be fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

One would think the Pats, during the re-structuring his contract, indicated to TB the status of the Welker situation and what plans they have if he leaves.  Given who Brady has had to adjust to year in and year out, his stats still stay amazingly consistent.  If anything, the offense without Welker may not skip a beat while the D side of the ball has been the most disappointing aspect of the team.  Maybe TB indicated a need to bolster the D while the O has plenty of weapons?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Wait till the impression that the N.E. is a cheap a@@ club that short-changed its players becomes solidified among NFL players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Link?  I highly doubt Brady is throwing some tantrum because they didn't keep Wes.

BB has something up his sleeve.  It's the second day of Free Agency.  It isn't the be all end all.  The Patriots will be fine.

you wil have to get on currans twitter

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Wait till the impression that the N.E. is a cheap a@@ club that short-changed its players becomes solidified among NFL players.

Yes, offering Wes a 3 year 24 million dollar contract last year was 'short-changing' Wes.  Face it, Wes leaving has a direct correlation to a personal vendetta that Wes holds.  I loved him when he was here; he was a great teammate, tough as nails, and had a great work ethic.  However, one player is not above the team.  If he wants to leave, I wish him the best.  I will always remain a fan of the Patriots as a team and as an organization, not a fan of a certain player.  I think that most of this board doesn't agree with me on that stance but to each his own.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

you wil have to get on currans twitter

curran correecting tweet. 

the friend of brady is the one who is enraged

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I haven't read how much of the 2-24M is guaranteed.  Assuming the whole 24M is guaranteed, I'm surprised we didn't at least match that guarantee.  Oh well, nothing anyone can do at this point.  I hope someone steps up or we get a guy that can at least come close to matching his ability to move the chains.  Or maybe we'll rely on passing to RBs out of the backfield and spend the money on D.  If the Pats do spend to the cap, as Kraft indicated they would, I gotta believe they got a plan to improve our secondary.  If not, the "anti-Pat" and "anti-Kraft" crowd will have plenty to crow about. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Yes, offering Wes a 3 year 24 million dollar contract last year was 'short-changing' Wes.   However, one player is not above the team.  If he wants to leave, I wish him the best.  I will always remain a fan of the Patriots as a team and as an organization, not a fan of a certain player.  I think that most of this board doesn't agree with me on that stance but to each his own.

Welker was offered 2 years/ 16 millions last year. He turned that down and got the franchise tag. However he did not hold out reporting to camp, unlike what Deion Branch did during his contract dispute.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Yes, offering Wes a 3 year 24 million dollar contract last year was 'short-changing' Wes.   However, one player is not above the team.  If he wants to leave, I wish him the best.  I will always remain a fan of the Patriots as a team and as an organization, not a fan of a certain player.  I think that most of this board doesn't agree with me on that stance but to each his own.

Welker was offered 2 years/ 16 millions last year. He turned that down and got the franchise tag. However he did not hold out reporting to camp, unlike what Deion Branch did during his contract dispute.

My apologies.  I thought I heard that originally it was a 3/24 and then downgraded to a 2/16.  Either way, we offered more money than he just got from Denver so it's rather annoying when people keep saying BB and Kraft are 'cheap' and 'they screwed Wes over'.

BB and Kraft gave Wes a great opportunity when we traded for him and Wes made the most of it.  With all due respect to Wes, he was a nobody before he came to the Patriots so this sense of self-righteousness that he attained since putting up big numbers with Brady irks me.  People talk about loyalty and how we should have paid more.  How about Wes show some loyalty to the organization that made his career?  He was just paid $11M this year, and has made plenty over the course of his stint with the Pats, why can't WES show more loyalty to this organization?  It seems like it's a 2-way street, unlike what some here think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jeff Howe         Jeff Howe @jeffphowe

Welker's $12 million is fully guaranteed.