schefter: pats been pursuing amendola

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: schefter: pats been pursuing amendola

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

People don't get it. The Pats aren't cheap. BB is altering our offense and doesn't want 8 million into the slot WR spot.

Gronk, hernandez and Ballard in and out of the hashes? How crowded do we need this part of the field to be so we can make it easier on D's to execute their schemes anyway?

Are people watching the same postseason games as I am?

ive been saying that nonstop for  afew years

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Why shouldn't Amendola take a hard stance in negotiating a deal when he realizes the Pats now have no WR?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

People don't get it. The Pats aren't cheap. BB is altering our offense and doesn't want 8 million into the slot WR spot.

Gronk, hernandez and Ballard in and out of the hashes? How crowded do we need this part of the field to be so we can make it easier on D's to execute their schemes anyway?

ive been saying that nonstop for  afew years

Then why are they going after Amendola?  If they were shifting philosophies, they wouldn't be going after a guy like Amendola.

Amendola caught like 12 passes in a half with the Rams!!!! That's such a Welker thing to do!

This isn't changing schemes as much as playing the value game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

I don't think there is a man out there who could make a better comparison of Danny and Wes than Josh McDaniels. There may be many factors to the Wes situation but if Josh tells BB that Danny is as smart as Wes, 5 years younger, a step faster, as good a punt returner, and a good locker room guy. Lastly "Cheaper". Then BB may find it easier to shuffle the WR deck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe Ras I was feeling lonely on IR :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Asher77's comment:

I don't think there is a man out there who could make a better comparison of Danny and Wes than Josh McDaniels. There may be many factors to the Wes situation but if Josh tells BB that Danny is as smart as Wes, 5 years younger, a step faster, as good a punt returner, and a good locker room guy. Lastly "Cheaper". Then BB may find it easier to shuffle the WR deck.

maybe so

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

you guys are all over amendola for being injured, but never talk about how gronk has been injured the past two years in the playoffs...?

i wish the pats had kept welker and im surprised that welker agreed to that low of a deal, but if amendola can stay healthy,he has the talent to be a younger wes welker. the loss of welker may also make brady less complacent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Maybe Ras I was feeling lonely on IR :-)

LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Difference between teh TEs and Wes is that Wes can perform as well even after getting punished by a LB or S. I am not sure even Gronk has that mental toughness. Gronk has shown a tendency to pull back once he gets hit hard (I can;t remember which game it was, prob Ravens reg season). Hern hs given up two INTs, alligator arming the ball soon after getting hit hard. Ballard, could end up being the tough guy of the three, but I think he will be used more to block.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Amendola is not "fragile" - he is tough as hell. 

The guy sbroke his collarbone - he didn;t sit out with a sore wrist.

Would love to have him

Was that this year?

He missed 5 games in 2012

15 games in 2011

I think the concern is that he has made it on the field for only 6 games in 2 seasons

At 5/25 though, with some injury related clause written into his contract where we can dump him after 2 years for the same $ Welker gets, I'm all for it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257913/report-amendola-could-re-sign-with-rams

Danny Boy may not be cooming to Pats....now what?

I think BB really blew this one..... I've always tried to go by: "In BB We Trust"  but holy cow this is a bone headed move.. especially to the Broncos?  They have to be favaored going away in the AFC now.  Donkey's are loaded with stud WR's and a good TE.   Who's Brady throwing to?  Nobody...LLoyd is expected tobe released.

BB has no clue when it comes to WR's and DB's...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If he signs Amendola then he's not changing the offense. If he signs Jenning then I agree he is

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Well BB does have a plan.... he will sign and draft 10 TE's this year... wtf

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

[QUOTE]

Have to agree with the King .. I posted earlier I'd pay max $5mm/yr for 3 yrs for him... no more ... seems like I was on BB's wavelength ...

The playoff record of the last few years says something has to be changed ... do not think for one moment that the Pats don't have a plan here ... btw Josh is going to see that his guy stays ... Yes Lloyd is staying put IMO .... I am the only guy that likes him outside of Josh though LOL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

In response to CanadianPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Have to agree with the King .. I posted earlier I'd pay max $5mm/yr for 3 yrs for him... no more ... seems like I was on BB's wavelength ...

The playoff record of the last few years says something has to be changed ... do not think for one moment that the Pats don't have a plan here ... btw Josh is going to see that his guy stays ... Yes Lloyd is staying put IMO .... I am the only guy that likes him outside of Josh though LOL.

I like Llloyd....hes the only WR we have !!!   Great  hands but does not like contact

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Don't count on Amedola signing with the Pats.... BB will find a way to blow that as well

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to rxmsg's comment:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257913/report-amendola-could-re-sign-with-rams

Danny Boy may not be cooming to Pats....now what?

I think BB really blew this one..... I've always tried to go by: "In BB We Trust"  but holy cow this is a bone headed move.. especially to the Broncos?  They have to be favaored going away in the AFC now.  Donkey's are loaded with stud WR's and a good TE.   Who's Brady throwing to?  Nobody...LLoyd is expected tobe released.

BB has no clue when it comes to WR's and DB's...

The rams signed jared cook. The rams have probably taken thier offer for amendola off the table. Why are you not an NFL GM if your so enlightened as to how to run a team. Huh?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to rxmsg's comment:

Don't count on Amedola signing with the Pats.... BB will find a way to blow that as well

Chill out. Smoke a bowl puff a blunt do something but chill the f ck out. BB knows what hes doing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

In response to umichfan's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

if he's Welkers replacement I'm pissed

I agree with you!  I am soooo beyond pissed at Welker going to of all places the Broncos.  I have been on the phone yelling about this to my husband and to one of my friends.  I am LIVID!!  Patriots are cheap a-holes sometimes!!

Dont be mad at the pats be mad at wes. The pats offered him 2/16 last year and turned the pats down. Then wes proceeds to take 2/12 from the broncos. Your anger is directed in the wrong direction.

The two years you are comparing are apples and oranges in that he got $9.5 M for one and then 2 /12... and he is a year older which was a key sticking point last year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

In response to umichfan's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

if he's Welkers replacement I'm pissed

I agree with you!  I am soooo beyond pissed at Welker going to of all places the Broncos.  I have been on the phone yelling about this to my husband and to one of my friends.  I am LIVID!!  Patriots are cheap a-holes sometimes!!

Dont be mad at the pats be mad at wes. The pats offered him 2/16 last year and turned the pats down. Then wes proceeds to take 2/12 from the broncos. Your anger is directed in the wrong direction.

The two years you are comparing are apples and oranges in that he got $9.5 M for one and then 2 /12... and he is a year older which was a key sticking point last year.

Your arguement makes zero sense. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I think we are going to see the next page of this 2 TE era of Brady's career. My guess is that we will see more speed to stretch the field for the TEs and running game. I expect we will see more of Vereen both as an RB and a receiver (maybe playing some plays every game in a Percy Harvin role). But I think we see the next evolution of this young 2ble TE offense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

does anyone sense a changing of the guard as it relates to non-patriot players wanting to come to New England ? It used to be players would take less to play here, not anymore- no sb's and lots of hatred towards the organization- used to be jealousy, not sure anymore.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Scott Pioli made a great point on Nfl.com

Past performance vs. projected future performance ... this is what the GM has to base his decision on when signing players .... This is an art not a science ...

I think the replacement of WW with DA makes sense ... but only time will tell ... Cripes WW could have his knee blown out in the 1st game ... like any player ...so forget the injury issue...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

Welker had no intention of resigning here no matter how much was offered he got his feelings hurt and was not able to move past it.  Welker was no one when Bill traded for him and look what he developed into.  Why don't you think he can not do the same with Danny.  Contrary to what you believe moves like this keep the Pats at the top of the conference every year.  A super Bowl this year and 4 mediocre years would not work either.  Consistency is all you can ask for.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric1. Show KyleCleric1's posts

I was happy when the Pats picked up Welker originally. Amendola has a better track record today than Welker had back then. I think a year from now, we'll be very happy about this move.

Sections
Shortcuts