schefter: pats been pursuing amendola

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

schefter: pats been pursuing amendola

thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: schefter: pats been pursuing amendola

If he can be had for a reasonable price i say why not. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rams offered him more than 2/$12, will Pats?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Of course he'll come cheaper. He's always out for more than half the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

if he's Welkers replacement I'm pissed

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Who else can take over for Welker? His injuries bother me but he is a good player

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Who else can take over for Welker? His injuries bother me but he is a good player

Maybe getting him off that turf in St. Louis will help him. That surface isnt exactly the most forgiving, It doesnt have as much bounce as real grass or the surface like the pats use.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

I dont like how fragile he is. Yes he is a very good slot reciever when healthy but Wes use to take some big shots over the middle and just pop up like nothing. I dont know if Amendola can take that.

that is true

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

we are going to need some monser cormers.

get 2 #1 cbs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Hey...there's more to this Welker thing than meets the eye. If Welker left for just a 2 year, $12mil. deal, there had to be some animosity between the parties.  

As for Armendola, he's 5 years younger. It remains to be seen whether the Pats can sign him up at a reasonable rate. He has the potential to be an effective replacement for Wes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Amendola is not "fragile" - he is tough as hell. 

The guy sbroke his collarbone - he didn;t sit out with a sore wrist.

Would love to have him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

I agree with you!  I am soooo beyond pissed at Welker going to of all places the Broncos.  I have been on the phone yelling about this to my husband and to one of my friends.  I am LIVID!!  Patriots are cheap a-holes sometimes!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I'll keep sayin it'

Last 2 years, 32 possible games....

He missed 20 of em'

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Hey...there's more to this Welker thing than meets the eye. If Welker left for just a 2 year, $12mil. deal, there had to be some animosity between the parties.  

As for Armendola, he's 5 years younger. It remains to be seen whether the Pats can sign him up at a reasonable rate. He has the potential to be an effective replacement for Wes.

"     Hey...there's more to this Welker thing than meets the eye. If Welker left for just a 2 year, $12mil. deal, there had to be some animosity between the parties.  "

it feels like that or some reason pats wanted to move from welekr

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to umichfan's comment:

I agree with you!  I am soooo beyond pissed at Welker going to of all places the Broncos.  I have been on the phone yelling about this to my husband and to one of my friends.  I am LIVID!!  Patriots are cheap a-holes sometimes!!

Dont be mad at the pats be mad at wes. The pats offered him 2/16 last year and turned the pats down. Then wes proceeds to take 2/12 from the broncos. Your anger is directed in the wrong direction.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Amendola is not "fragile" - he is tough as hell. 

The guy sbroke his collarbone - he didn;t sit out with a sore wrist.

Would love to have him

Sure!  You keep thinking that!!  Amendola is out six weeks just watching a player get hurt on tv.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Dont be mad at the pats be mad at wes. The pats offered him 2/16 last year and turned the pats down. Then wes proceeds to take 2/12 from the broncos. Your anger is directed in the wrong direction.

2/12 seems like a pretty reasonable offer to match though. It's hard to get the production that Welker gives you for less than that..

no telling if Welker would have taken a matched offer though because of the assumed animosity between him and the pats.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

like i said, we are going to need some serious corners.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

2/12 seems like a pretty reasonable offer to match though. It's hard to get the production that Welker gives you for less than that..

no telling if Welker would have taken a matched offer though because of the assumed animosity between him and the pats.

The pats offered him 2/16 this past year and he turned it down. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

exactly

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Of course he'll come cheaper. He's always out for more than half the season.

The Pats can resign Edelman for the other half season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

People don't get it. The Pats aren't cheap. BB is altering our offense and doesn't want 8 million into the slot WR spot.

Gronk, hernandez and Ballard in and out of the hashes? How crowded do we need this part of the field to be so we can make it easier on D's to execute their schemes anyway?

Are people watching the same postseason games as I am?

Well one it would have been 6 mil and not 8. Two there are a few teams that have used the slot very effectivly with the Pats being one of em. Three how are we altering our offense? We don't have a deep threat, Lloyd will be gone, Ballard..who knows if he plays well here...

No...this is about personality and personality only.

Sections
Shortcuts