Schefter Picks Pats to Win Division

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Schefter Picks Pats to Win Division

1) Earlier today I saw Adam Schefter talking to Mark Schlereth on ESPN, and when asked to handicap the division, he pointed out everyone agrees the Jets won the off-season.  But then Schefter pointed out that at three of the four teams in the AFC East, the most important position, QB, is still a question mark.  Only for the Patriots is QB a known quanity, and Schefter also pointed out how dominant the Pats, with the most important position filled by the best, have been.  He said you can't bet against the Patriots--until one of the other teams shows they have a legit, franchise QB, only the Pats stand-out as a top team.

There was an audio link at ESPN Boston earlier but I can't find it now :(

2) Here's a video segment with Schefter and Mike Reiss that covers a lot of good ground: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4681078/video-reiss-and-schefter-talk-pats

3) OMG Reiss must be tiny.  Schefter is a really small guy, and he towers over Reiss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Schefter Picks Pats to Win Division

So did I.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

You know when someone is really short it makes their pants look funny... mike reiss pants look funny

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmyjones666. Show Jimmyjones666's posts

Yeah, Schefter is pretty smart when he says something good about the Pats Rusty.
    You are a rube russell and a dumb one at that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I think the fact that Revis is sitting out puts a bit of a damper on their off season. I suppose they got a little better but they lost the most dominant corner in the game so I can't really say the team is better with all of their signings without Revis on the field. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I like that they say the Jets had the best off season.  Nobody has ever won a Super Bowl in the off season.  I like that he said that.  I bet he was being sarcastic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Hey, there's no guarantees here. Sanchez or Henne could really turn it on and be awesome this year.  Hell, Chad Henne absolutely shredded us one game last year. 

But I think Schefter's point is that if you want to look forward and try and predict success, you should start with stability and excellence at the QB position.  I agree with that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Schefter Picks Pats to Win Division:
    Hey, there's no guarantees here. Sanchez or Henne could really turn it on and be awesome this year.  Hell, Chad Henne absolutely shredded us one game last year.  But I think Schefter's point is that if you want to look forward and try and predict success, you should start with stability and excellence at the QB position.  I agree with that.
    Posted by USMCM1A1

The argument made that the best QB should drive the best results makes sense...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

I thought ESPN was unreliable as a source, especially when it comes to covering the Patriots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I thought ESPN was unreliable as a source, especially when it comes to covering the Patriots.
    Posted by RipFace

They are and sometimes they make a lucky pick...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I dont care what anyone says.  We play, we'll see.  Talking about it gets nowhere.  That's what the Jets do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

ESPN is exteremly unreliable when it comes to hockey and stuff, but Adam Schefter is very good at his job...

Also, my mouth literally dropped when I saw how tiny Reiss was...he's gotta be like 5'2"...this pic is even worse:

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/is-mike-reiss-a-gnome/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Posted by RipFace

well after reading this forum...i thought for sure that ESPN was located in mississippi and never had ever said a positive thing about those cheatin pats

sigh...its only good when we say it is

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The team with the best cornerback wins eveytime. 
    We should trade Tom Brady for Revis.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: Schefter Picks Pats to Win Division : Nope. Schefter was hired from NFL Network to give them credibility. I thought this was already understood?  Moretensen is a rube with his wig and poor reporting and constant speculation. Reiss is the only person I read at ESPN.  Tim Graham is pretty good covering the division, too. Enjoy!
    Posted by russgriswold

Really?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4681190/video-reiss-graham-talk-afc-east

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

That's why I said pretty good.  Heh Graham has taken the bait.  Miami will be improved on offense with the Marshall pick up, but NY isn't as locked tight as the picture he paints there.
    Posted by russgriswold

You may have seen my comment but I loved how the only "nice" thing he had to say about the Pats was: "They haven't gotten much worse". LOL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Schefter Picks Pats to Win Division:
    1) Earlier today I saw Adam Schefter talking to Mark Schlereth on ESPN, and when asked to handicap the division, he pointed out everyone agrees the Jets won the off-season.  But then Schefter pointed out that at three of the four teams in the AFC East, the most important position, QB, is still a question mark.  Only for the Patriots is QB a known quanity, and Schefter also pointed out how dominant the Pats, with the most important position filled by the best, have been.  He said you can't bet against the Patriots--until one of the other teams shows they have a legit, franchise QB, only the Pats stand-out as a top team. There was an audio link at ESPN Boston earlier but I can't find it now :( 2) Here's a video segment with Schefter and Mike Reiss that covers a lot of good ground: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4681078/video-reiss-and-schefter-talk-pats 3) OMG Reiss must be tiny.  Schefter is a really small guy, and he towers over Reiss.
    Posted by USMCM1A1

it must be something in the water cause gasper is tiny too and kinda feminine like

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Schefter Picks Pats to Win Division : You may have seen my comment but I loved how the only "nice" thing he had to say about the Pats was: "They haven't gotten much worse". LOL!
    Posted by KellieMB

just file this away for future reference...when all the "pros" backtrack and say I told you so and all the "trolls" backtrack right off the page

Sections
Shortcuts