Schefter says no way Peppers goes to Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

[Quote][Quote][Quote]

Schefter is usually pretty good at scoops. He did report the Moss and Welker deals. As I mentioned in an earlier post the Pats will have jettison one of Seymour, Mankins or Wilfork to keep a player like Peppers...seymore, never makes it to summer camp (released) he,s nothing but a third down willie mcginnist type at this stage... mankins is a keeper but matt light HAS TO GO.. he,s nothing but a human turnstyle.. wilfork is a keeper and would be even more dangerous with peppers schefter, is wrong on this one they have been talking with peppers agent for the past week, 5 year deal .... he never plays for carolina again his short list is NEW ENGLAND.. and thats for obvieous reason SORRY ADAM, THIS IS A DONE DEAL !

[/Quote][/Quote]

Seymour released? The Pats would save 3.4 if they released or traded him. But wouldn't it make more sense to trade him to Carolina in the Peppers deal instead of letting him go to a rival?

I really don't know how this is going to get done unless the Pats trade someone, release someone, or restrucure more contracts. According to Patscap.com, the Pats were under the cap by 7.8 million before the Mike Wright, Al Johnson, Britt, Tank Williams, and Galloway signings....

Couldn't the Pats make cap room if they extend Seymour's contract? Hmmm.....[/Quote] SEYMORE MAKES NO SENSE TO ME, OVER THE HILL 3RD DOWN PLAYER ONLY!! WITH A BAD BACK TO BOOT, CUT YOUR LOSES NOW.... PEPPERS IS HERE IN 1 WEEK guarenteed..............

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[Quote]did any of you consider the fact that Adam may be paying respect tot he organization by putting a lid on the specualtion for the patriots

After all he did not break the story so retorting it puts all the emphasis on him not the patriots

While we are all sitting here talking about how Adam is wrong the patriots could be in the process of extending Brady and Wilfork and shipping Seymore to the Panthers in exchange the Panther get Seymore and the 34 and we get Peppers and a pick to be named later

i think Adam works with the patriots very well and all this misleading evidence just helps them more as he takes the heat of the topic and redistibutes it elsewhere

whats in it for him...? total access to the patriots in the future.... why not they already locked out ESPN

I think we should all contemplate his motives here[/Quote] That's a great point. Although without the ESPN Gang, I believe Schefter already has a good relationship with the Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

How many playoff teams has Rodgers played for? If he is as good as you say why hasnt he helped his teams win ball games? everywhere he has been he has been a loser. I obviusly know its not all on him but if he is as elite as you seem to think he is why cant he change a game the way a Haynesworth can? He is a good NT but i would take Wilfork over him anyday, in fact i dont think there is a NT in this league i would rather have then teh Monster in the Middle Vince Wilfork.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I partially agree.

Like I said, these "leaks" could be in place by Carolina or Peppers' agent to try and drum up a market above #34.

It signals a potential asking price to interested teams.

Although I can't really think of another team that would want to take that plunge and has the money, and has something in the ballpark of a #34.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[Quote]How many playoff teams has Rodgers played for? If he is as good as you say why hasnt he helped his teams win ball games? everywhere he has been he has been a loser. I obviusly know its not all on him but if he is as elite as you seem to think he is why cant he change a game the way a Haynesworth can? He is a good NT but i would take Wilfork over him anyday, in fact i dont think there is a NT in this league i would rather have then teh Monster in the Middle Vince Wilfork.[/Quote]

Of course there isn't man. You are a big Pat backer. But do you honestly think if Wilfork were on the Browns or on the Detroit Lions they would be better????

And do you honestly think that if you replaced Wilfork with Rogers on the 2004 Pats it would have made a difference for the worse?

That is crazy talk about NT's and championships. By that token you could say that Casey Hampton is better than Wilfork. He has won two championships at NT to Fork's one. He isn't. Wilfork is a better player.

Just like Shaun Rogers is a bit better than Wilfork. The stats do not lie, nor does watching the games.

Wilfork is awesome. But he isn't the best. That is all I am saying. And he certainly (which was the point of my OP) isn't worth $11 million dollars a season.

No nose tackle is worth that . . . period.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

you are right no NT is worth that kind of money. I hope you dont classify me as a "homer" just because i happen to think Wilfork is the best NT in the NFL. Its not me drinkig teh coolaide or whatever i am justa huge Wilfork fan and no matter what the stat sheet says i think Wilfork is the best NT in teh NFL. Now if we are talking pure DT then maybe as a DT Rodgers is the better DT but as far as 3-4 NT goes Wilfork is the best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

If he wants to play for a winner why would Dallas be on that list? Maybe the law of averages says they eventually will play up to their paper potential and not choke?

Has any NE based reporter said anything about the Pats going after Peppers based on their own info? I don't believe anything that comes out of ESPN and only a small percentage that comes from the NFL network. Both of them serve up rumors all the time to get viewers to watch their shows.

Bottom line is I don't think we can afford him no matter who you shuffle or show the door to

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Eliminate Mankins and Wilfork and the the Pats go backward. These are the guys who came on as rooks; learned the system; produce consistently at a high level. Personally, I cannot see the Pats giving up this much. (Notice, I didn't even mention Seymour?) Of course, Green is another who as been indespensible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Go away! Envy another team!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[Quote]

Of course there isn't man. You are a big Pat backer. But do you honestly think if Wilfork were on the Browns or on the Detroit Lions they would be better????

And do you honestly think that if you replaced Wilfork with Rogers on the 2004 Pats it would have made a difference for the worse?

That is crazy talk about NT's and championships. By that token you could say that Casey Hampton is better than Wilfork. He has won two championships at NT to Fork's one. He isn't. Wilfork is a better player.

Just like Shaun Rogers is a bit better than Wilfork. The stats do not lie, nor does watching the games.

Wilfork is awesome. But he isn't the best. That is all I am saying. And he certainly (which was the point of my OP) isn't worth $11 million dollars a season.

No nose tackle is worth that . . . period.[/Quote]

I agree for 11 a year you can get a couple of good NTs and some depth at other positions. Vince has been awesome for the Pats and hope he remains there but not sacrificing other spots.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

The more this plays out, the more it seems that Peppers wants to come to NE but there is just no way NE could bring him here given the other priorities they have. Still say no way it happens and that Schefter is right on in his analysis of why he won't. The one caveat is that Peppers takes a significant pay cut for a ring, and it is doubtful he'd do that to the extent that the pats would need him to.

It was a nice thought anyway. He would have looked good in a Pats uniform.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pats are all about building their team through the draft so they can get "their guys" and coach them up. Asante was one of "their guys" they found him they tought him andthey lost him because they didnt think he was worth what he asked for. Wilfork and Mankins are in teh same boat, they are not some free agent pick ups they were drafted and are bill Belichick guys and we cant afford to lose anymore of these types of players or teh window will close on our championships.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cincyscott. Show cincyscott's posts

Schefter also reported early on in the Cassel situation that the Pats were going to keep him and NOT trade him. He is generally on with his reports but he's also been wrong.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Z,

i understand what you are saying about Rogers being on this team and all

but

there is still one flaw in your arguement and that is the fact that Fork would not be as good as he is if he did the things that Rogers does

when Fork came out the nock on him was that he would push the pocket too much and create too many wholes in the line of scrimmage for a team that takes a modest approach in terms of blitzing.......too much pressure would produce lanes for a delayed running game

In his third year, last year when he played his absolute best he did a combination of the two... he would force the pocket and develop gaps in the O Line from the inside but only when the scheme was predicated on the gaps...... which is when we are using our ILB's in a BLAST up the middle...... Thing is we almost never blast inside out we would typically run a blast or fire switch off the end in an effort to free the DE's path to the quarter back

if we had the type of pressure Rogers provided last year in Romeos modified one gap 3-4 we would leave running lanes open for miles... simply because of our two gap dicipline...especially against teams that can run an effective draw like the Colts, Eagles and Giants

My definition of a NT in BB's de is the biggest, strongest, fastest NT who can run east to west 10 to 20 yards per play

I do agree however that we WOULD have a better deffense in the event we Drafted a Ron Brace, signed Seymour to an extension and traded Fork

I beleive the combination of Brace, Pepper and Seymour would be better than the combination of Wright, Fork and Peppers

i could be wrong though

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Mossman, edit your link dude.

It f-ed with the page margins.

Thanks bro.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]you are right no NT is worth that kind of money. I hope you dont classify me as a "homer" just because i happen to think Wilfork is the best NT in the NFL. Its not me drinkig teh coolaide or whatever i am justa huge Wilfork fan and no matter what the stat sheet says i think Wilfork is the best NT in teh NFL. Now if we are talking pure DT then maybe as a DT Rodgers is the better DT but as far as 3-4 NT goes Wilfork is the best.[/Quote]

I agree..and so to many football analysts....Wilfork is in the top 3 NT in the NFL today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. It was never even a remote possibility.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I wouldn't want the Pats to keep going after Peppers not get to sign him and by the time they try to then get J Taylor he's gone somewhere else. Should the Pats get Taylor first and then go after Peppers? Is there enough room for both?

Sections
Shortcuts