Schiano and TB Staff To Visit

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Schiano and TB Staff To Visit

Full article here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130503/greg-schiano-visiting-bill-belichick/

This would appear to be a key passage:

"Though a Bucs official declined to comment on Schiano and part of his staff visiting New England, a league source characterized the session as one in which the Tampa contingent would learn from Belichick and his staff some scheduling details. The two parties will discuss how the Patriots set up their calendar, how to best approach and organize the preseason, deal with the bye-week schedule and organize various practice schedules. In other words, they're talking about the logistics of running a team, rather than any in-depth discussion of X's and O's.

A spokesman with the Patriots confirmed the meeting with Tampa Bay coaches next week at New England's Gillette Stadium complex, but said the sessions will not be unprecedented in the team's Belichick era. Though he declined to divulge details, the spokesman said the Patriots have had at least one other team's coaching staff in for an offseason visit over the years, and perhaps even visited the staffs of other teams on one or more occasions. In the past, these visits have been conducted somewhat informally and off the radar, never becoming public knowledge, the spokesman said."

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

It's what friends do.  It's how people should treat each other

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Haven't they had scrimmages against the Bucs ?  Last year?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I think it was Saints last year, but I think they did some joint practices against Tampa not too long ago

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Schiano is not making the trip, just coaching staff. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Schiano is not making the trip, just coaching staff. 

That's even more odd to me.

Supposedly just going over week to week scheduling and logistics. How to handle the bye week and how to manage scheduling/ logistics. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Yeah, I understand that it's just coaches.  I meant that it's a continuation of an established professional relationship.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Yeah, I understand that it's just coaches.  I meant that it's a continuation of an established professional relationship.  

Ok, I am just wondering. Have you heard of this kind of thing before, because I haven't.

I almost would like to see the nfl require teams to have at least one joint practice each preseason.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Ok, I am just wondering. Have you heard of this kind of thing before, because I haven't.

Did you read you're own posting?

A spokesman with the Patriots confirmed the meeting with Tampa Bay coaches next week at New England's Gillette Stadium complex, but said the sessions will not be unprecedented in the team's Belichick era. Though he declined to divulge details, the spokesman said the Patriots have had at least one other team's coaching staff in for an offseason visit over the years, and perhaps even visited the staffs of other teams on one or more occasions. In the past, these visits have been conducted somewhat informally and off the radar, never becoming public knowledge, the spokesman said

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130503/greg-schiano-visiting-bill-belichick/#ixzz2SHptA53y

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

nice helmet! I'm headed over to Tampa tomorrow for the Comencement Ceremonies! PorkChop's probably wishing he stayed back at the University of South Florida.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

A spokesman with the Patriots confirmed the meeting with Tampa Bay coaches next week at New England's Gillette Stadium complex, but said the sessions will not be unprecedented in the team's Belichick era. Though he declined to divulge details, the spokesman said the Patriots have had at least one other team's coaching staff in for an offseason visit over the years, and perhaps even visited the staffs of other teams on one or more occasions. In the past, these visits have been conducted somewhat informally and off the radar, never becoming public knowledge, the spokesman said

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130503/greg-schiano-visiting-bill-belichick/#ixzz2SHptA53y

Umm, I heard something on the radio and asked for details. What is your point here?

Schiano is not visiting, so this doesn't really cover the fact an entire staff is coming here.

Also, very odd for this to happen in May.  We know about the scrimmages in August.

Again, I suggest you read the article.  It has NOTHING to do with scrimmages, just scheduling for practices and such.  Pretty sure they might need to schedule BEFORE the up coming camps.

You know, all that non-trailblazing, boring stuff!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Umm, I heard something on the radio and asked for details. What is your point here?

Schiano is not visiting, so this doesn't really cover the fact an entire staff is coming here.

Also, very odd for this to happen in May.  We know about the scrimmages in August.

Again, I suggest you read the article.  It has NOTHING to do with scrimmages, just scheduling for practices and such

Right, but why is this news now if it's never been reported before?  You don't see this reported for any other teams, do you?

I didn't say they were for scrimmages. In fact, above, I mentioned those engagements were scrimmages (unique) before preseason games.

It's May.

This has never been reported, nor have I ever heard any other two teams doing this before.

Um.... probably because it's no big deal? 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Again, I suggest you read the article.  It has NOTHING to do with scrimmages, just scheduling for practices and such

Right, but why is this news now if it's never been reported before?  You don't see this reported for any other teams, do you?

I didn't say they were for scrimmages. In fact, above, I mentioned those engagements were scrimmages (unique) before preseason games.

It's May.

This has never been reported, nor have I ever heard any other two teams doing this before.

Um.... probably because it's no big deal? 

Then why is it reported this year?  Teams aren't hosting one another's coaching staffs during OTAs.

Very unusual, regardless of its importance or its noteworthy status.

Stop trolling. 

Um.... maybe because the flavor of the months is BB's friendship with Schiano and his obsession with Rutgers players? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Maybe their working mallet out.  They were dumb enough to give up pick 6 maybe they have something against second rounders in 2014.