Schiano to NE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Schiano to NE?

http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/2/21/5433024/rumor-greg-schiano-could-join-patriots-staff

yes please! Would add a nastiness to this D that has been lacking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Schiano to NE?

I wouldn't expect him to be on the staff for too long (maybe a season), but it'd be a very good hire for the short term.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect him to be on the staff for too long (maybe a season), but it'd be a very good hire for the short term.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. 1 year is better than no years! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Be good in a short term role to get this D up to pace. Besides we have half his guys anyways so it would be like a home coming

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not so sure BB and Schiano would be a good fit together.  Schiano seems like a guy who likes to run his own team, not sure he would do well taking orders or suggestions from someone else. Would you really want him to come in for 1 year and possibly move on to a head coaching job with another team next season?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/2/21/5433024/rumor-greg-schiano-could-join-patriots-staff

yes please! Would add a nastiness to this D that has been lacking.

[/QUOTE]

Here's the link: http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/2/21/5433024/rumor-greg-schiano-could-join-patriots-staff

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not so sure BB and Schiano would be a good fit together.  Schiano seems like a guy who likes to run his own team, not sure he would do well taking orders or suggestions from someone else.

[/QUOTE]

Don't BB and Schiano have a pretty well documented past?  I could be wrong but I thought they had a good relationship.

Personally, I would love adding him on here.  He would bring an aggressive/nastiness vibe that this D has sorely lacked with Patricia at the helm.  Couple that with all of the Rutgers players we already have on D and this could be a perfect fit.  Bring him on!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Per NESN:

10:20 a.m.: Bill Belichick, Mike Lombardi and Greg Schiano were hanging out on Thursday night, according to Ben Volin of The Boston Globe and Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald. Volin says there’s a lot of “buzz” that Schiano could join the New England Patriots’ coaching staff as a linebackers coach. Howe isn’t putting much stock into the “buzz,” however. Belichick said in his press conference on Thursday that the Patriots’ coaching staff is set for now. It wouldn’t be shocking to see a fired head coach take a job in a positional role to stay in the league. Fired Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Munchak is coaching the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offensive line, for instance.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/02/nfl-combine-day-2-live-johnny-manziel-measures-under-6-foot/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not so sure BB and Schiano would be a good fit together.  Schiano seems like a guy who likes to run his own team, not sure he would do well taking orders or suggestions from someone else.

[/QUOTE]

Don't BB and Schiano have a pretty well documented past?  I could be wrong but I thought they had a good relationship.

Personally, I would love adding him on here.  He would bring an aggressive/nastiness vibe that this D has sorely lacked with Patricia at the helm.  Couple that with all of the Rutgers players we already have on D and this could be a perfect fit.  Bring him on!

[/QUOTE]

I would like to add him too, and I think they do have a good relationship but it's not a relationship built on working together with the same team.  There is a difference.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I think it would be a great move and give BB a break on having to really coach the D constantly by himself.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would like to add him too, and I think they do have a good relationship but it's not a relationship built on working together with the same team.  There is a difference.

[/QUOTE]

I realize there's a difference.  But just because they haven't worked together in the past doesn't mean they never will in the future.  Are you basing those comments off of anything or are you just speculating that they wouldn't work well together?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's also a coach that's out of work and I'd assume that he understands that coaching under BB generally benefits you down the road.  I also think he's a coach that we'd all like to see in that he can give BB a differing opinion on things and it might actually be respected, where as most on the staff are relegated to yes men.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

What would be interesting is if they feel McDaniels isn't the guy moving forward and BB thinks he has only a couple years left if Schiano sticks around and becomes the guy after BB. Just tossing it out there but would be interesting

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's also a coach that's out of work and I'd assume that he understands that coaching under BB generally benefits you down the road.  I also think he's a coach that we'd all like to see in that he can give BB a differing opinion on things and it might actually be respected, where as most on the staff are relegated to yes men.

[/QUOTE]

you must (almost) be in 7th heaven today!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you must (almost) be in 7th heaven today!!

[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, wish I could watch the combine, but I'm at the office... and will be watching the Canada/US game online... ssshhh... don't tell my boss ;)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Don't see a downside to placing him on the staff even if it's just for a year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Would be a solid move for the Pats.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

This would absolutely be a solid move by the Pats.

USA!USA!USA!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

he can coach all the Rutgers guys

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from guesmem2011. Show guesmem2011's posts

If he can rush the passer, I'm all for it........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I know it would be a good thing for Shiano. What better way to rebuild your worth as an HC than to add NFL experience as an assistant on BB's staff seems to have done wonders for the resurgant Josh McD's HC opportunities and we know Bill O'Brien's time with BB opened doors to 2 opportunities as an HC. Crennel,Weiss, Manginnny all got their opportunities via the BB tree. If you want to add in all of the College coaches who started with BB only to find success after his tutledge.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] He may be unemployed but his unemployment check is a lot larger than ours! God only knows how much Tampa Bay owes him for the next 2-3 years.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont see Schiano adding anything to this defense. This team will play BB's defense, and the coaches will coach BB's defense. There will not be any coach free lancing or deviating. If Schiano buys into that (I think he does) and he wants to coach LB's and game plan with Patricia, then bring him in. But to think SChiano is going to come in and make changes is not going to happen.

I also understand that Schiano is going to do work for NFL Network, so that may also factor into his coming on board or not 

Sections
Shortcuts