Schobel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Schobel

Looks like he want to play football now. Should BB try him out?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/28/aaron-schobel-works-out-for-texans-but-there-is-no-deal/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: Schobel

Love to have him but he isn't going get a payday here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The article says the Texans won't pay him what he thinks he's worth.

I doubt the Patriots will either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Schobel:
    The article says the Texans won't pay him what he thinks he's worth. I doubt the Patriots will either.
    Posted by digger0862

yeah i read that part, wonder what kinda money he thinks he can get

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Of course the Pats should give this a Go!  They can't put any pressure on opposing QBs - they should go after a pure pass rusher.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Of course the Pats should give this a Go!  They can't put any pressure on opposing QBs - they should go after a pure pass rusher.
    Posted by NOISE

Exactly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Vet min, sure. Anything more, nope. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

He's a 4 -3 defensive end and he would coming into a situation where he would have to be a 3 - 4 Linebacker.  He hasn't had time to practice and make the adjustment.  I don't see this happening.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

probably not in good "football" shape now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Somebody explain to me why you care how much they pay him?  I understand Bob Kraft not wanting to stroke a big fat check, it's his money.  But as a fan I just don't care one bit what they pay any of these guys. 

And don't say the salary cap.  There isn't one right now so it's not a factor.  It's likely there will be no NFL next year as things stand, so it would seem to me they would be pulling out all the stops to win this year.  If this guy can be a difference maker, I'm all for paying him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

If he was willing to take the veteran minimum he'd be a Texan right now. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Somebody explain to me why you care how much they pay him?  I understand Bob Kraft not wanting to stroke a big fat check, it's his money.  But as a fan I just don't care one bit what they pay any of these guys.  And don't say the salary cap.  There isn't one right now so it's not a factor.  It's likely there will be no NFL next year as things stand, so it would seem to me they would be pulling out all the stops to win this year.  If this guy can be a difference maker, I'm all for paying him.
    Posted by Muzwell

How much gets paid matter because he's a 33 year old DE who'll only play in a few sub-packages. He's not in football shape and he'll be taking away a roster spot from a guy who can help in other areas. Plus, like Burgess before him, he'll only be around for this year. 

Vet min or he can stay at home. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Schobel : How much gets paid matter because he's a 33 year old DE who'll only play in a few sub-packages. He's not in football shape and he'll be taking away a roster spot from a guy who can help in other areas. Plus, like Burgess before him, he'll only be around for this year.  Vet min or he can stay at home. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

You're stating he's not worth what he's asking for.  You may be correct, he's worth what the market will bear and if that is the vet minimum, that's what it is.  My point is whether they offer him vet minimum or $8 million, why does that matter to any fan?  If he can help the team and they can afford to sign him, I'm all for it.  In an uncapped year, I don't see how paying this guy prevents you from signing anybody else?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Schobel : You're stating he's not worth what he's asking for.  You may be correct, he's worth what the market will bear and if that is the vet minimum, that's what it is.  My point is whether they offer him vet minimum or $8 million, why does that matter to any fan?  If he can help the team and they can afford to sign him, I'm all for it.  In an uncapped year, I don't see how paying this guy prevents you from signing anybody else?
    Posted by Muzwell

it matters to me because there are guys in that locker room who've earned a big payday, why should Mr. Cool over there just show up in week 4 and get 8 million dollars. He hasn't earned that kind of money, he wasn't here in camp, preseason or in the first three games of the season. We don't even know if he can be productive, why should we shell out 8 mill to him? I'm tired of these self glorifying players like Schobel--and the king of them all wears number 4 in Minn--if you want to play football show up to camp and OTAs. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Schobel : it matters to me because there are guys in that locker room who've earned a big payday, why should Mr. Cool over there just show up in week 4 and get 8 million dollars....
    Posted by 49Patriots

I wasn't saying he should get $8 mil, I was just using that as an extreme example. If you bring in a guy like that, you pay him based on his track record and what you think he brings to the table.  He's a veteran that's been through plenty of training camps.  I don't think Fred Taylor or Randy Moss or whoever would be upset that he didn't attend OTAs, and if they are they'll just have to deal with it. 

He brings a specific skill that is lacking on this team.  If he delivers and helps the team win games, my guess is that his new teammates won't care much about his contract.  Everybody understands the drill by now.  If they do their job, then their payday will come too.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Does anyone know what the stat is for the Pats sacks this season? They had 2 in the season opener, 3 or 4 against the Jets and at least one against the Bills. I would love to know where we stack up so far rather then just assuming everyone is right about our lack of getting at the QB. Seems to me we have gotten to the QB way more then I thought we would so far.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

1. GB      13
    2. Phi      12
    3. Det      11
    4. Pit       10
    4. Tenn    10
    18. NE      5

Sections
Shortcuts