Schottenheimer out as OC for NYJ and possibly Soprano in?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Schottenheimer out as OC for NYJ and possibly Soprano in?

For sure Schottenheimer is gone. He says he quit, but was probably fired.

Soprano could be next up.

If Soprano is in. Is this good for the Pats or bad?

I say that Soprano being in would be neutral
     1. Sanchize is same or worse than Moore in Miami
     2. Offensive line in NY is worse than Miami
     3. Running back in Miami are better than NY
     4. Cap room in NY is worse than Miami

With all the $ on defense and QB, Soprano's hands are tied in getting a feature back and improve O-line.

Soprano could help in turnovers but not be a major improvement overall than Schottenheimer.

I think this helps the Pats next year because it will be a new system and not the right personnel for it.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Schottenheimer out as OC for NYJ and possibly Soprano in?

Sporano is in. I saw the report last night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Pats solved Soprano coached offensive during his Dolphin tenure...now he inherits a worse situation personnel ....jests demise will continue!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Many jets' fans stupidly think the OC was the problem and not Sanchez. Like many, they vastly overrate the impact coaching can have. Coaching matters, but no coaching is going to make a Brady out of a Sanchez.

I estimate the change means virtually nothing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla-2010. Show MVPkilla-2010's posts

First can I call it or can I call it? I said months ago that the Jets would miss the playoffs, Sanchez would be at fault but Schotty would take the fall for him so that they could give Sanchez one more shot next year with a new OC and then the Jets will let Sanchez hit FA and move on. And that is what happened or so far.

As for Sparano, he is a O line coach and the Jets have an O line coach so I say he makes no difference to the Pats

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: Schottenheimer out as OC for NYJ and possibly Soprano in?:
    [QUOTE]First can I call it or can I call it? I said months ago that the Jets would miss the playoffs, Sanchez would be at fault but Schotty would take the fall for him so that they could give Sanchez one more shot next year with a new OC and then the Jets will let Sanchez hit FA and move on. And that is what happened or so far. As for Sparano, he is a O line coach and the Jets have an O line coach so I say he makes no difference to the Pats
    Posted by MVPkilla-2010[/QUOTE]

No offense MVP but that is like predicting that the sun will rise tomorrow, of course the J.E.T.S will deny that their star QB who they traded up to get isn't the problem even though the stats say so.  But their mismanagement is our benefit.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: Schottenheimer out as OC for NYJ and possibly Soprano in?": [QUOTE]Can NY get any more stupid here?  Sanchez is the problem. Having Moore as a consultant, scapegoating Schotty and now hiring Sparano and maybe Todd Haley? How many cooks in the kitchen are needed with the low brow ingredients?  lol And now, the players are publicly clamoring for Gomer Manning in a Jets uni? LOL! As a Pats fan, I couldn't have wished for stupidity than this!  Love it! Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE] Its double whammy to be inplayoffs and see the jets suffer

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Schottenheimer out as OC for NYJ and possibly Soprano in?:
    [QUOTE]For sure Schottenheimer is gone. He says he quit, but was probably fired. Soprano could be next up. If Soprano is in. Is this good for the Pats or bad? I say that Soprano being in would be neutral  1. Sanchize is same or worse than Moore in Miami  2. Offensive line in NY is worse than Miami  3. Running back in Miami are better than NY  4. Cap room in NY is worse than Miami With all the $ on defense and QB, Soprano's hands are tied in getting a feature back and improve O-line. Soprano could help in turnovers but not be a major improvement overall than Schottenheimer. I think this helps the Pats next year because it will be a new system and not the right personnel for it. Thoughts?
    Posted by Pats-bilbo[/QUOTE]

ah, I don't know man! tony soprano from the badabing? I can see it now. sanchez misses a pass and tony pulls out a 9mm and blows him away.......Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Schottenheimer out as OC for NYJ and possibly Soprano in?:
    [QUOTE]For sure Schottenheimer is gone. He says he quit, but was probably fired. Soprano could be next up. If Soprano is in. Is this good for the Pats or bad? I say that Soprano being in would be neutral  1. Sanchize is same or worse than Moore in Miami  2. Offensive line in NY is worse than Miami  3. Running back in Miami are better than NY  4. Cap room in NY is worse than Miami With all the $ on defense and QB, Soprano's hands are tied in getting a feature back and improve O-line. Soprano could help in turnovers but not be a major improvement overall than Schottenheimer. I think this helps the Pats next year because it will be a new system and not the right personnel for it. Thoughts?
    Posted by Pats-bilbo[/QUOTE]

Tony Soprano is just what the Jets need to turn things around. He'll straighten out the Jets' problems with the Pats by sending Paulie Walnuts, Patsie Parise, and/or Sylvio Dante to have "discussions" with BB and Tom Brady.

LOL!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Many jets' fans stupidly think the OC was the problem and not Sanchez. Like many, they vastly overrate the impact coaching can have. Coaching matters, but no coaching is going to make a Brady out of a Sanchez. I estimate the change means virtually nothing.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Sanchez is a "serviceable" QB. The reason for the decline of the Jets centers upon some low character actors that they have playing for them...such as Bart Scott, Santonio Holmes, and Antonio Cromartie. It also is due to a lack of talent. Their RBs stink. Aside from the "me-first" Holmes, they had nobody worth a damn to play WR. On their OL, they are weak at guard. They haven't been able to adequately replace Damien Woody...and Vladimir Ducasse has been a major disappointment. They also need an upgrade at RT.

On defense, they have no pass rush.

As I have said previously on multiple occasions, Mark Sanchez is being made the scapegoat for everything that ails the obnoxious, bombastic Jets. Though he's no Tom Brady, he has shown that, if adequately supported by a good defense and a running game, he can make enough plays to win. 

The bottom line is that Sanchez has no weapons to work with, is playing behind a mediocre OL, and is "supported" by a vastly overrated defense, which does not pressure opposing QBs into turnovers.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Schottenheimer out as OC for NYJ and possibly Soprano in? :      Sanchez is a "serviceable" QB. The reason for the decline of the Jets centers upon some low character actors that they have playing for them...such as Bart Scott, Santonio Holmes, and Antonio Cromartie. It also is due to a lack of talent. Their RBs stink. Aside from the "me-first" Holmes, they had nobody worth a damn to play WR. On their OL, they are weak at guard. They haven't been able to adequately replace Damien Woody...and Vladimir Ducasse has been a major disappointment. They also need an upgrade at RT.      On defense, they have no pass rush.      As I have said previously on multiple occasions, Mark Sanchez is being made the scapegoat for everything that ails the obnoxious, bombastic Jets. Though he's no Tom Brady, he has shown that, if adequately supported by a good defense and a running game, he can make enough plays to win.        The bottom line is that Sanchez has no weapons to work with, is playing behind a mediocre OL, and is "supported" by a vastly overrated defense, which does not pressure opposing QBs into turnovers.       
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

TP - I think you are stretching a bit on Sanchez. He is a bottom 20% of the league QB which isn't someone I would consider "serviceable". He just isn't a good QB and is akin more to a Grossman, Carr, Leinart, Losman then a "serviceable" QB. If he needs a RB and D to bail out his bad play then that just proves he isn't a good QB.

Now that being said as far as a passer goes I do think he's a better QB then Tebow, is that saying much though?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Schottenheimer out as OC for NYJ and possibly Soprano in? : TP - I think you are stretching a bit on Sanchez. He is a bottom 20% of the league QB which isn't someone I would consider "serviceable". He just isn't a good QB and is akin more to a Grossman, Carr, Leinart, Losman then a "serviceable" QB. If he needs a RB and D to bail out his bad play then that just proves he isn't a good QB. Now that being said as far as a passer goes I do think he's a better QB then Tebow, is that saying much though?
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Agreed, accept the part about Tebow. Sanchez loses the game against Pitt. If I had to take Tebow or Sanchez as my starting QB I go Tebow all day.

Leadership is the most under rated aspect of sports. Broncos have it, the Jets don't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Schottenheimer out as OC for NYJ and possibly Soprano in? : TP - I think you are stretching a bit on Sanchez. He is a bottom 20% of the league QB which isn't someone I would consider "serviceable".

RESPONSE: He's in the bottom 20% partly because he has no weapons. Other than Santonio Holmes, what does he have to work with at WR? The 55 year old Plaxico Burress, who, until this season, hadn't played in two years? Can you even name his slot receiver? His RBs are horrible, with the vastly overrated Shonn Greene, and what's left of has-been, LaDainian Tomlinson. At TE, Dustin Keller, is decent. But, for example, Aaron Hernandez is a better player. 
         He needs a running game. 

He just isn't a good QB and is akin more to a Grossman, Carr, Leinart, Losman then a "serviceable" QB.

RESPONSE: That's absurd. Sanchez has won, and played well, in his share of big games.

If he needs a RB and D to bail out his bad play then that just proves he isn't a good QB.

RESPONSE: Nonsense. Give Tom Brady the Jets' WRs, TEs, RBs, and OL...and see how well he does. Give Sanchez the Pats' OL, Wes Welker, and those TEs, and you'd see his play improve.

Now that being said as far as a passer goes I do think he's a better QB then Tebow, is that saying much though?

RESPONSE: Did you have the same opinion of Sanchez last year, and the year before...when he played on much better Jets' teams than this mediocre at best, 2011 bunch? As limited as the Jets were, they still managed to win 8 games. For the most part, the teams they lost to (N.E., twice, @Miami, Baltimore, @Oakland (before all their injuries), @Denver, @Philadelphia, the Giants...had more talent, and were better teams.  
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Maybe they cant get dumber but they can reach farther by hiring Todd Haley too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Are we talking Tony Soprano, the Godfather of the Soprano's here?  Or Sporano the former Dolphins coach who was a terrible coach?  If we are talking Sporano then I have to LOL at this move by the Jets.  If we are talking about Soprano from the MOB then we all need to check under out cars before we start them up.