Score predictions for Pats/Jets and any other games here!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Score predictions for Pats/Jets and any other games here!

Pats 31-jets17

Minnesota over Miami

Greenbay over the Bills

we could be in command over the division quick if these happen

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Re: Score predictions for Pats/Jets and any other games here!

31 - 13 goodguys. I'll take the KC "D" and the under vs. Cleveland, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Patriots 27 Jets 10

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Patriots 44 Jets 0

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Pats 17 Jets 14

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I realize the Jets are a good team by the numbers.  There are just a serious number of things that lean toward the Patriots.

1.  The Jets have a tremendous run defense.  The Patriots are a tremendous passing team, and they aren't afraid to spread the field and throw on every single offensive down for an entire half if that's what the defense hands them on a platter.  Just because Baltimore had trouble with the Jets' run defense doesn't mean the Patriots will have any trouble at all.

2.  Actually Baltimore put up 20 first downs on this defense.  Anyone watching the game's tape will spot the Jets' weak spots.  Any new tricks the Jets had saved for the regular season are out now, as the Baltimore game was as about as big as they get.

3.  The Jets just played a brutal 60 minute game and had 5 1/2 days to recover.  The Patriots played a 30 minute game and then had 30 minutes of prevent offense/defense with some rookie substitutions.

4.  The Jets' #1 cornerback had limited participation on Thursday.  His hammy may or may not be better, but he didn't get much practice at all this week.

5.  The Jets' #3 cornerback played like a fairly bad rookie.  He doesn't see the football coming down at him when he's running downfield.  The Jets' #2 cornerback has no lateral acceleration whatsoever and can't cover either Edelman or Welker.  Maybe they can put him on Moss.

6.  Edelman has been running patterns in practice.  He wasn't practicing last week, but now he is.

7.  The Jets' #1 blitzer is out this week.  Brady is known to eat up blitzes.

8.  The Jets' locker room is a mess of feelings following the Baltimore loss.  Shonn Greene got dressed down on national TV following his fumbles.  Then Ryan stuck him back in and a pass clanged off his hands.  Ryan could properly be blamed for losing that game by his highhanded way of jerking Green around. 

9.  Ryan has been mismanaging the Sancheese on camera, telling him basically, just don't lose, idiot.  The Sanchise threw an awful lot of Sancheese last week, never looking at his deep threats, always predictably dumping it off to his safety valve who got plowed for little gain time and again.  This guy needs more pressure?

10.  The team could be blamed for losing the Baltimore game, a major tiebreaker loss for a team going to the Super Bowl.  The Jets players now need to get their inflated expectations out of their heads and that takes time and energy.

11.  Ines Sainte sweetly interviewing naked Jets players is a problem that the Jets players must spend their valuable spare time discussing and solving.

With all this, I'm starting to not like the Jets at all.  My head says go with the numbers and keep it close, but my heart says here comes a train wreck. 

Go for it, Paul.  Pats 31, Jets 14 just like last game.  Why was that game a fluke?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Score predictions for Pats/Jets and any other games here!:
    I realize the Jets are a good team by the numbers.  There are just a serious number of things that lean toward the Patriots. 1.  The Jets have a tremendous run defense.  The Patriots are a tremendous passing team, and they aren't afraid to spread the field and throw on every single offensive down for an entire half if that's what the defense hands them on a platter.  Just because Baltimore had trouble with the Jets' run defense doesn't mean the Patriots will have any trouble at all. 2.  Actually Baltimore put up 20 first downs on this defense.  Anyone watching the game's tape will spot the Jets' weak spots.  Any new tricks the Jets had saved for the regular season are out now, as the Baltimore game was as about as big as they get. 3.  The Jets just played a brutal 60 minute game and had 5 1/2 days to recover.  The Patriots played a 30 minute game and then had 30 minutes of prevent offense/defense with some rookie substitutions. 4.  The Jets' #1 cornerback had limited participation on Thursday.  His hammy may or may not be better, but he didn't get much practice at all this week. 5.  The Jets' #3 cornerback played like a fairly bad rookie.  He doesn't see the football coming down at him when he's running downfield.  The Jets' #2 cornerback has no lateral acceleration whatsoever and can't cover either Edelman or Welker.  Maybe they can put him on Moss. 6.  Edelman has been running patterns in practice.  He wasn't practicing last week, but now he is. 7.  The Jets' #1 blitzer is out this week.  Brady is known to eat up blitzes. 8.  The Jets' locker room is a mess of feelings following the Baltimore loss.  Shonn Greene got dressed down on national TV following his fumbles.  Then Ryan stuck him back in and a pass clanged off his hands.  Ryan could properly be blamed for losing that game by his highhanded way of jerking Green around.  9.  Ryan has been mismanaging the Sancheese on camera, telling him basically, just don't lose, idiot.  The Sanchise threw an awful lot of Sancheese last week, never looking at his deep threats, always predictably dumping it off to his safety valve who got plowed for little gain time and again.  This guy needs more pressure? 10.  The team could be blamed for losing the Baltimore game, a major tiebreaker loss for a team going to the Super Bowl.  The Jets players now need to get their inflated expectations out of their heads and that takes time and energy. 11.  Ines Sainte sweetly interviewing naked Jets players is a problem that the Jets players must spend their valuable spare time discussing and solving. With all this, I'm starting to not like the Jets at all.  My head says go with the numbers and keep it close, but my heart says here comes a train wreck.  Go for it, Paul.  Pats 31, Jets 14 just like last game.  Why was that game a fluke?
    Posted by Paul_K

If you are going to dissect a game, try using a scalpel and not a garden hoe. True homerism at its best.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Some of the more interesting Questions:

How good was the Pats win against Cincy?  How good was the BAL win against NYJ? Should find out something from the BAL- CIN game.

Bal Cin- 31-17, Bal

Can Indy recover from last weeks unimpressive outing?  Especially when facing another team who can run the ball and rush the passer as well as anybody?

NYG IND- 27-13, IND

Is Buffalo any good?  They were one of the best pass defenses last year, and they are facing a pass heavy team

BUF-GB- 21-38 GB

Will MIN get back to last season's form or not?  A loss for Miami helps the Pats get in lead of the division.

MIA-MIN- 21-24 MIN

Pats 31, Jets 9

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Pats 24-Jets 13.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm still in awe by how the great the Patriots played last week.

We knew the offense would be very good, but Brady spread the ball around, Welker is still amazing and a healthy Fred Taylor looked marvelous.

But the defense...WOW!

21-0 Patriots.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Posted by Hog73

Hey Hoggie!  Who are you going with in the Phins game????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Almost forgot.

Patriots 28        jests       10

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

Pats 20  Jets  17
    Minn  17   Mia  `10
    G.B. 31   Buff   10

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Pats 30 plus, Jets 10, one field goal, one TD by defense

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Don't hold me this but I predict that one team will win......
    Posted by davescout

It is possible this game could end in a tie.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Posted by Hog73
    Nice I just took the KC Cleveland under 38 pts the Pats-3 and Houston  -4 over Washington 3 team Parlay.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Pats 23 Jets 13
    Vikings 31 Phins 14
    Packers 45 Bills 10

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

35-9

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

23-17 pats

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenderSRV. Show fenderSRV's posts

Pats 31 Jets 13

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It is possible this game could end in a tie.
    Posted by digger0862

Donovan McNabb might be interested to know that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Score predictions for Pats/Jets and any other games here! : Donovan McNabb might be interested to know that.
    Posted by p-mike

Burn!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Pats 34 Jests 13. Sanchez throws 3-4 picks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

If one reads R. 'The New Yorker' Borges article from The Herald, he glorifies Rex Ryan as a head coach over Bill Belichick. 

The whole article was slanted in favor of the Jet's and Rex Ryan.  Ron Borges made it read as if the Jet's were going to win because Rex Ryan has more of a personality impact on his team than Bill Belichick.

Last time I read anything he writes again.  'Trader' 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts