Scott at it again. What do you guys think of this article? Jets' Scott sees new Patriots: 'You know they want to be us'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Scott at it again. What do you guys think of this article? Jets' Scott sees new Patriots: 'You know they want to be us'

Jets' Scott sees new Patriots: 'You know they want to be us'

• By NFL.com
    More Columns >

The low-key New England Patriots and loudmouth New York Jets are polar opposites. Or are they?

Jets linebacker Bart Scott believes that's changing, citing New England wide receiver Wes Welker's now-infamous news-conference mocking of New York coach Rex Ryan as an example.

"That's doesn't sound right, that kind of talk (coming from the Patriots)," Scott www.metro.us/newyork/sports/article/833618--yes-rex-can-scott-likens-ryan-to-obama--page0" target="new">recently told Metro in New York. "That's when you know they're buying into us, when they start sounding like we talk. Wes Welker start trying to be us, sounding like we do. That's how you know they want to be us."

Scott's comments are the latest volley in the increasing back-and-forth between the AFC East rivals. The Jets had the last laugh, beating the Patriots, 28-21, in the divisional round of the playoffs. No-nonsense New England coach Bill Belichick www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d81db93b3" target="new">didn't start Welker, a three-time Pro Bowl pick, in that game as punishment for his references to a foot-fetish video allegedly linked to Ryan.

Scott also had words for his old team, the Baltimore Ravens, whom the linebacker said lost some of their identity when he, safety Jim Leonhard and coach Rex Ryan left for New York in 2009.

"The Ravens don't operate like the Ravens anymore," Scott said. "(Head coach John) Harbaugh changed everything. The Ravens aren't that loose anymore.

"We laugh, we joke, but then we go out there and put in a defensive system. We have our fun, and then on the field, we know what to do. If you study for the test, there's nothing to be nervous about, right? If you don't know what you're doing, that's when you can't have fun. We know what we're doing, but on the field, we back it up, too."

Former Ravens teammate Terrell Suggs chuckled Friday on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" when informed of Scott's comments.

"Billy Bart, really?" Suggs said "... Nah. We have fun. The first year, we had that change, and it was kind of weird. With change, there's a period of adjustment, but we have a lot of fun. You think me and (Pro Bowl defensive lineman) Haloti Ngata don't have a lot of fun? C'mon, now, I'm the most loose guy in the NFL. It's still a very fun, loose locker room."

The Ravens and Jets are scheduled to meet in Baltimore next season, and Suggs -- to borrow a phrase from Scott -- www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d81e9ddb7" target="new">can't wait to see Ryan, his old defensive coordinator.

"I love to play him," Suggs said. "It's so fun."

Scott shares Suggs' admiration for Ryan and is quick to defend his coach, comparing him to President Obama when explaining why some people don't like him.

"It's how he talks and says what he's thinking and how he lets us be loose and talk," Scott told Metro. "People don't think the president is supposed to be black either. They think a president is supposed to look a certain way. It's the same thing with Rex. He doesn't look and act the way other coaches act. And we love him for it."

Scott also loves it when Ryan predicts the Jets will win the Super Bowl, as he did this offseason after losing a second consecutive AFC Championship Game.

"I wasn't surprised. That's how we roll," Scott said. "I mean, were you really surprised? It isn’t like we've had a cataclysmic meltdown or a failure. We're must-see TV."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: Scott at it again. What do you guys think of this article? Jets' Scott sees new Patriots: 'You know they want to be us'

In Response to Scott at it again. What do you guys think of this article? Jets' Scott sees new Patriots: 'You know they want to be us':
    [QUOTE]Jets' Scott sees new Patriots: 'You know they want to be us' NFL.com Published: April 15, 2011 at 06:07 p.m. Updated: April 16, 2011 at 01:00 p.m. Liked: 5 | Comments: 709 Email Like Print Read Discuss Friend(s) EmailYour Email Send Email By NFL.com www.nfl.com/news/author?id= " /> More Columns > The low-key New England Patriots and loudmouth New York Jets are polar opposites. Or are they? Jets linebacker Bart Scott believes that's changing, citing New England wide receiver Wes Welker 's now-infamous news-conference mocking of New York coach Rex Ryan as an example. Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai "That's doesn't sound right, that kind of talk (coming from the Patriots)," Scott www.metro.us/newyork/sports/article/833618--yes-rex-can-scott-likens-ryan-to-obama--page0 " target="new"> recently told Metro in New York . "That's when you know they're buying into us, when they start sounding like we talk. Wes Welker start trying to be us, sounding like we do. That's how you know they want to be us." Scott's comments are the latest volley in the increasing back-and-forth between the AFC East rivals. The Jets had the last laugh, beating the Patriots, 28-21, in the divisional round of the playoffs. No-nonsense New England coach Bill Belichick www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d81db93b3 " target="new"> didn't start Welker , a three-time Pro Bowl pick, in that game as punishment for his references to a foot-fetish video allegedly linked to Ryan. Scott also had words for his old team, the Baltimore Ravens , whom the linebacker said lost some of their identity when he, safety Jim Leonhard and coach Rex Ryan left for New York in 2009. "The Ravens don't operate like the Ravens anymore," Scott said. "(Head coach John) Harbaugh changed everything. The Ravens aren't that loose anymore. "We laugh, we joke, but then we go out there and put in a defensive system. We have our fun, and then on the field, we know what to do. If you study for the test, there's nothing to be nervous about, right? If you don't know what you're doing, that's when you can't have fun. We know what we're doing, but on the field, we back it up, too." Former Ravens teammate Terrell Suggs chuckled Friday on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" when informed of Scott's comments. "Billy Bart, really?" Suggs said "... Nah. We have fun. The first year, we had that change, and it was kind of weird. With change, there's a period of adjustment, but we have a lot of fun. You think me and (Pro Bowl defensive lineman) Haloti Ngata don't have a lot of fun? C'mon, now, I'm the most loose guy in the NFL. It's still a very fun, loose locker room." The Ravens and Jets are scheduled to meet in Baltimore next season, and Suggs -- to borrow a phrase from Scott -- www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d81e9ddb7 " target="new"> can't wait to see Ryan, his old defensive coordinator. Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai "I love to play him," Suggs said. "It's so fun." Scott shares Suggs' admiration for Ryan and is quick to defend his coach, comparing him to President Obama when explaining why some people don't like him. "It's how he talks and says what he's thinking and how he lets us be loose and talk," Scott told Metro . "People don't think the president is supposed to be black either. They think a president is supposed to look a certain way. It's the same thing with Rex. He doesn't look and act the way other coaches act. And we love him for it." Scott also loves it when Ryan predicts the Jets will win the Super Bowl, as he did this offseason after losing a second consecutive AFC Championship Game. "I wasn't surprised. That's how we roll," Scott said. "I mean, were you really surprised? It isn’t like we've had a cataclysmic meltdown or a failure. We're must-see TV."
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

Why do you even read this garbage? Don't you have enough aggravation in your life already?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Scott at it again. What do you guys think of this article? Jets' Scott sees new Patriots: 'You know they want to be us'

Yea, the downslope of one's career can be a pretty tricky road to navigate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Rex Ryan book of football coaching says to always force your players to talk nasty to your biggest foe, because if it's always you talking nasty to your foe, the press loses interest. 

The 14-2 Patriots are the Jets' second biggest obstacle to them ever winning a division crown.  The biggest is themselves, but they're not into self-criticism so they talk trash elsewhere.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

agree with you Paul_K that the Jets are not into self-criticism. Perhaps if they were they could improve. They will NEVER top the Pats as long as BB and Brady are involved with the Patriots. Jets will always be at least second to them.

Can't stand scott almost as much as cromartie, edwards, suggs, lewis, and others.

Big deal Jets won two divisional games. So what!

They did NOT win the division either year the Pats did.

They did NOT make it to the SB either year

I just don't see how beating the Colts in a game and the Pats in a game is doing something. You still are just beating teams in a game. You still haven't WON any time of championship awards.  The Colts still won their division. The Pats still won theirs.

Jets cant even get past the Pats to win the AFC EAST division so I don't get why they are all (including Ryan) acting like they did something when in fact they did nothing. Shouldn't they at least try and win the division first?

But they won't cause they can't get past the Pats to do so.

14-2 best record in the NFL last year. Let's make it even better this one.

Pats are gonna fix the Jets good this year. Can't wait for it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Imagine how insufferable this guy would be if the Jets ever actually won anything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Scott at it again. What do you guys think of this article? Jets' Scott sees new Patriots: 'You know they want to be us':
    [QUOTE]Imagine how insufferable this guy would be if the Jets ever actually won anything.
    Posted by Norger[/QUOTE]

It's fortunate for all of us that this is wildly unlikely.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crustyreigns. Show crustyreigns's posts

In Response to Re: Scott at it again. What do you guys think of this article? Jets' Scott sees new Patriots: 'You know they want to be us':
    [QUOTE]agree with you Paul_K that the Jets are not into self-criticism. Perhaps if they were they could improve. They will NEVER top the Pats as long as BB and Brady are involved with the Patriots. Jets will always be at least second to them. Can't stand scott almost as much as cromartie, edwards, suggs, lewis, and others. Big deal Jets won two divisional games. So what! They did NOT win the division either year the Pats did. They did NOT make it to the SB either year I just don't see how beating the Colts in a game and the Pats in a game is doing something. You still are just beating teams in a game. You still haven't WON any time of championship awards.  The Colts still won their division. The Pats still won theirs. Jets cant even get past the Pats to win the AFC EAST division so I don't get why they are all (including Ryan) acting like they did something when in fact they did nothing. Shouldn't they at least try and win the division first? But they won't cause they can't get past the Pats to do so. 14-2 best record in the NFL last year. Let's make it even better this one. Pats are gonna fix the Jets good this year. Can't wait for it.
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

where were you for the playoffs?

And I am not PhatRex.  Someday I may tell you who I am.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Guy plays with his mouth.  At this point in time, anything he has to say is meaningless. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StompersLover. Show StompersLover's posts

Please tell us now, Crusty!!   The suspense is killing us!!!!

We eagerly await who you are on this here messageboard!

Then, Stomper and I will add you to our Facebook page!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crustyreigns. Show crustyreigns's posts

oh please, go get yourself some zima's and watch the jersey shore...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crustyreigns. Show crustyreigns's posts

so you lose and yet you are still better...I see...

And I do understand that any team can lose on any given sunday but...

Sanchez 3 - Brady 2
    Rex 3 - Little Bill 2

Still a small sample size but I do see a trend developing with these teams as they are today.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crustyreigns. Show crustyreigns's posts

[QUOTE] The Jets are not a joke as in I dont take them seriously as a team cause I do I mean their players, the people who make up that team are a joke.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

You seem like a genuine person so I will try not to bash you too hard.  This makes about as much sense as the other guy talking about how the Jets are just mad because they cant beat the patriots....

So, the players are a joke but the team isnt a joke?  dont the players make up the team? is rex ryan a joke? he is funny.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]so you lose and yet you are still better...I see... And I do understand that any team can lose on any given sunday but... Sanchez 3 - Brady 2 Rex 3 - Little Bill 2 Still a small sample size but I do see a trend developing with these teams as they are today.
    Posted by crustyreigns[/QUOTE]

This may come as a shock to you, but the Jets have to do a little more than beat the Pats 2-out of 3 games to be considered to have done anything.

But, please, keep up the Jets tradition of considering any game played against the Pats as your Superbowl. It just reinforces  just jealous you all really are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crustyreigns. Show crustyreigns's posts

it is 3 out of 5 games of the jets current regime but 2 out of 3 last year is correct.  it is also correct that the jets gave you 2 out of the 3 losses you had all of last year.  what do you do for a living?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crustyreigns. Show crustyreigns's posts

also, if the jets are jealous of the pats does that mean they really wish they lost 2 of 3 to the pats or 3 of the last 5 meetings?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scott at it again. What do you guys think of this article?  This makes about as much sense as the other guy talking about how the Jets are just mad because they cant beat the patriots.... So, the players are a joke but the team isnt a joke?  dont the players make up the team? is rex ryan a joke? he is funny.

That's not far, many of us think that both the players and the team are jokes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crustyreigns. Show crustyreigns's posts

you dont know how to spell fair. FACT

you are so dumb.  we all want to know what you do for a living.  FACT

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crustyreigns. Show crustyreigns's posts

well then you had better eat your wheaties and take your vitamins brother!!!!

what are you gunna do when jets mania runs wild on you!!!

I find your equation of the jets to the wwe laughable, hilarious and the highest of high comedy.  what do you do for a living?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]you dont know how to spell fair. FACT you are so dumb.  we all want to know what you do for a living.  FACT

Is it conceivable that maybe I know how to spell the single syllable word, "fair," And perhaps, just maybe, when I hit the keypad letter "i", It didn't register?  Oh god...I'm actually replying to this (what is wrong with me?)...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vaccumcleanerofjustice. Show vaccumcleanerofjustice's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scott at it again. What do you guys think of this article? Jets' Scott sees new Patriots: 'You know they want to be us' : Is it conceivable that maybe I know how to spell the single syllable word, "fair," And perhaps, just maybe, when I hit the keypad letter "i", It didn't register?  Oh god...I'm actually replying to this (what is wrong with me?)...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]Laz do you realize you are talking with underpants?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Who really cares what this joker thinks or says? Irrelevant!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

60 Max Power O - Your source to NE football - You'll leave smarter

We got it covered

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If being the Jets means fading under the glare of the spotlight, then why in the world would the Pats want to emulate that?  The Pats are a young team learning to win.  The Jets have a lot of loud mouths with free reign to spout off in the media.  It's the offseason, and Bart Scott is already talking.   

As far as I'm concerned, Welker's act got him rightfully punished.  I'd prefer to play for a guy who instills discipline in a team like Belichick.  Have fun on your own time.  Not saying Ryan's philosophy can't work, but it makes his team utterly unlikeable.  When guys like Bart Scott and Cromagnon are free to say whatever they want, which is mostly inane and clueless banter, it probably pis$es some of their teammates off.  I would't want nutters like that speaking for me.      

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crustyreigns. Show crustyreigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scott at it again. What do you guys think of this article? Jets' Scott sees new Patriots: 'You know they want to be us' : Is it conceivable that maybe I know how to spell the single syllable word, "fair," And perhaps, just maybe, when I hit the keypad letter "i", It didn't register?  Oh god...I'm actually replying to this (what is wrong with me?)...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

hilarious, to blame a type on the fact that you dont know how to spell fair. FACT

what do you do for a living? everyone wants to know.

highest of high comedy.

I am multitasking RIGHT NOW!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts