Scott should be fined now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishJPM11. Show IrishJPM11's posts

Scott should be fined now

Bart Scott really crossed the line.  Threatening to end a mans career over a simple word smith joke is ridiculous.  Of all the trash talking coming from the the jet players he takes offense to that?  That was the simpliest yap of all.  You have got to be kidding me.
    I've been plenty anxious for many Boston games...but tomorrow can not come fast enough. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Scott should be fined now

My feeling is fined and suspended for threatening a player. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

There's certainly some irony in any member of the Jests -- who've done nothing but run their mouths all season long -- warning anyone . . .   anywhere  . . .  at any time . . . to "watch what they say," but this is New Jersey, and you may rest assured that Goodell will turn as much of a blind eye on this as he believes he can get away with . . .

Just as he always does.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Scott should be fined now:
    [QUOTE]Bart Scott really crossed the line.  Threatening to end a mans career over a simple word smith joke is ridiculous.  Of all the trash talking coming from the the jet players he takes offense to that?  That was the simpliest yap of all.  You have got to be kidding me. I've been plenty anxious for many Boston games...but tomorrow can not come fast enough. 
    Posted by IrishJPM11[/QUOTE]

Yup.  They talk a lot of sh*t.  Welker plays a clever joke and they're threatening to try to injure him.

Piece of sh*t.  Not surprised he's a former Raven, too.  David Harris is a good battery mate, but Ray Lewis got him paid.  Mankins will find him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

They will be watching carefully. The most incredbly stupid thing is if he does anything remotely cheap he'll be flagged, fined and suspended.  Had he just shut his STUPID yap he might have been able to lay one in.

The Jets collective IQs are smaller than Rex's shoe size - pun intended Bart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'd split Gronkowski out wide (Crumpler, although an even better blocker, wouldn't be as believable) on Bart Scott's side of the field and motion him in towards the box for a nice crack block, with the players attached to the line of scrimmage sealing on the outside linebacker so Gronk can get a nice shot on Scott

Legal and effective - I've used this before along with another interior trap / cross-block variation to avenge an a**h*l3 who yanked our quarterback's facemask and sent him off the field in a stretcher.

If Scott tries to spear and injur Welker, you might even add a nice chop block to the side of the knee.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEfreak. Show NEfreak's posts

Screw the fine and suspension...Mankins will take care of that overpaid stiff!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

[QUOTE]Bart Scott really crossed the line.  Threatening to end a mans career over a simple word smith joke is ridiculous.  Of all the trash talking coming from the the jet players he takes offense to that?  That was the simpliest yap of all.  You have got to be kidding me. I've been plenty anxious for many Boston games...but tomorrow can not come fast enough. 

I totally agree with you. 

" I'll tell you what," Scott told Newsday on Friday. "Be very careful what you say about our coach. His [Welker's] days in a uniform will be numbered. Put it like that."

This is a clear threat on a man's career. It's funny how Roger Goodell likes to act like a cowboy about most league issues, except when it involves a team from Ney York, where NFL headquarters reside.

Furthermore, what Welker did was very witty, technically who's to say he was making a joke about Rex Ryan? (LOL) 

Bottom line, after this comment I'd like to see the Pats beat the Jets 60-0.

BRING IT ON!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Anybody got an email address for league headquarters?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Let em key on Welker, let them chase him all over the field. That eliminates one or 2 of the Jests players on the play. Scott can talk big but if he's chasing Hernandez all over the field he wont prove anything to me.

Now he's got the easy part done tellin me about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Scott should be fined now:
    [QUOTE]Anybody got an email address for league headquarters?
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter - if Goodell could conveniently ignore all the sexual harassment incidents that the Jets were committing (definitely qualifies as off-field conduct), then they won't do anything about Bart Scott's threats

We should probably just be happy that they didn't get caught up in the rush of rooting for the Jets and fine Welker

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbair. Show kbair's posts

i've never seen such big, tough guys have such thin skin. i bet their trainer has to give them an anaesthetic to take their band aids off.
    seriously, they talk non stop and threaten whomever they like and some dares to say something back and they act like it's the end of days.
    what a bunch of wusses. i am not worried about retaliation-- the amount of penalized yards that the pats recieve during the course of the game will amount to an extra reciever.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

NFL should suspend Scott, Cromartie and Welker

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

=D

Fined and suspended, why, because he said he was going to hit Wes Welker? Isn't this football? Isn't the intent of the game to hit someone so hard that they don't want to get up? I guess we better start playing flag football now because now we want Welker to get the Wayne treatment and draw a flag every time someone lays a finger on him. 

Play the game, and anyone who thinks Bart Scott is a dirty player might want to take a look at his track record. The worst fine he's ever received on a football field was throwing the refs flag into the stands. He's no thug, check his criminal record.

This is all talk, like what the Jets have been doing all week. Everyone knows he's not going to try to harm Welker, Welker knows he's not going to try to harm him. This is just to get Wes flinchy around the middle. They know that Wes tries to protect himself and short arm balls when he feels threatened. See every time he has to make a catch around Ryan Clark. 

Shut up, ladies.  Urlarcher said the same thing a couple of years ago about the Packers and Brett Favre and what did he do that game? NOTHING, hell, he didn't even get a tackle. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

He shouldn't  just be fined he should be SUSPENDED!!! I don't care if its a football player, hockey player, or some one like us. it is never ok to threaten some one like that. It sounds to like he is putting a hit on him and thats not ok. Goodell wont do sh#t b/c he clearly isn't a Patriots fan and clearly doesn't know what the hell he is doing. If scott even barley touches a Pat player after the play he should be ejected. There is a line between trash talking to be cute and being a arrogant a33hole and threatening people. Tommy, DON'T HOLD BACK!!!! If the Patriots let this thug team come in and win there is something very wrong here. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Goodell still works for the Jets.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

should bring him up on terrorist charges...violation of the Patriot Act!...seriously though, I'd say he should be fined immediately to stop all this crap, Scott's comment's being the absolute worst of it, inexcusable...and then just play ball...

Asked about Wes Welker's 10-foot-references-in-less-than-10-minutes press conference the other day, a subtle jab at Ryan's presumed participation in a foot-fetish video with his wife that's posted online, Scott took up for his coach, and may have taken it too far.

"I'll tell you what," Scott told Newsday on Friday. "Be very careful what you say about our coach. His [Welker's] days in a uniform will be numbered. Put it like that."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cccp1014. Show cccp1014's posts

Jets organization, coaching staff, players and fans do not have any class. I hope we win 52-0!!!! NO MERCY!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Ohhh I thought this piece of trash was referring to his Coach's days that are numbered. I thought this knucklehead was finally seeing the light.

But on a real note, I hate when players talk about actually physically injuring another player and then fans wishing the same thing. This is a game, a very physical game at that, but let's keep things clean. These men are human beings as well and there is no need for wishing injury upon another. Kind of like when all of those jests fans were praising Bernard Pollard for actually giving them a chance in a season when he injured Tom. Bard Scott is a classless piece of scum and needs to be fined and he will most certainly be under a microscope by league officials on Sunday for any cheap shots.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

This is despicable--but in a way it's great for the Patriots.  The Jets only hope, really, is that they would be able to intimidate the Patriots by being super aggressive.  Now the refs are going to be calling the game super close.  It's going to have to be more of a finesse game than a brawl.  The Pats will absolutely kill the Jets if the Jets have to pull back or risk penalties.  Scott couldn't have done anything more stupid.

Of course, he should also be suspended.  Threats like that should not be tolerated.  We'll see if the league does anything.  But personally, I think Scott should have to sit out tomorrow's game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

LOL........

Chad Finn GlobeChadFinn Bart Scott had one sack this season, is 30 years old, and is due approximately $26 mil the next four years. Whose days are numbered again?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

This talk from Jets is making me nervous. I am afraid one of our Pats players is really going to end up hurt here.

Scott did make a direct threat to Wes and that was totally uncalled for. This has gotton way out of hand here. Way out of hand.

Of all the teams playing this weekend Jets are the worst and have done the worst of the talking. I hope our players do not get injured seriously.

Their hatred for the patriots is ridicluous so what if they did win the sb nobody would respect them after all this and just to make it better I say Patriots to win the sb and they can see the team who stopped them from getting there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Cut it out!! Goodell already has NFL players dressing in pink for a month during the season...has players tied up in knots over how to tackle...and now you want to empower him to sanction players for "inappropriate" speech?? Who determines what's appropriate or inappropriate? Do you really want to instill more political correctness in the NFL??  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Unless something actually happens on the field, even if Goodell wanted to discipline a player for trash talk, he can't.  The Jets are full of idiots, but all of this is just talk.  It's stupid, it's pathetic, but it's not a violation.

Nothing is going to come from the league office on this, even if Scott does injure someone tomorrow.  He'll get flagged, maybe fined, but nothing more than a regular season infraction.  My thinking is that although he targeted Welker in his tirade, Scott's going to shoot low on Brady tomorrow if he gets the chance. 
    Scott's always been a trash talker, but is he a dirty player?  We'll find out tomorrow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Does anyone doubt that if a Pat player has made that same threat of physical harm concerning a jet, goody would have suspended him immediately?