Scott Zolak

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Scott Zolak

Is it just me or is this guy painful to listen to on the radio? He talks over the other host and just carries on and on...it drives me crazy. I'm not sure I have much faith in his football insight as well; today he said that Plaxico Burress is an upgrade over Edwards. I don't like Edwards, but at least he has played football the past two years and is not 34 years old.

For a guy that has started like 4 games in his nfl career (and played well in two of them) he is a tad bit holier than thou on everything football. I understand that he should know a thing or two about defense/offense, but yet I don't put much faith in anything he says - unlike Brown or Bruschi.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Scott Zolak

I like Zolak but completely disagree with Plax as un upgrade.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

Can't stand Gresh.  Not even a little bit.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Gresh is the epitome of a blowhard.  The way he talks about women too you'd think he fancies himself a stud instead of the oaf he is.  Combine his loudmouthed opinions and his grating voice and you have a recipe for unlistenable.  I like Zolak somewhat, but I don't like the combination of Zolak and Gresh.  That show needs an upgrade.  Tanguay was at least tolerable. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Living here down in Dallas, I don't listen to a lot of Boston sports radio. Can anyone tune me in to what station Zolak/Gresh are on? is it EEI?...Also, what time?..I can get them on the internet.
    Thanks in advance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Scott Zolak:
    Living here down in Dallas, I don't listen to a lot of Boston sports radio. Can anyone tune me in to what station Zolak/Gresh are on? is it EEI?...Also, what time?..I can get them on the internet. Thanks in advance.
    Posted by PatsLifer

They are on 98.5 the sports hub between 10-2 eastern

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Living here down in Dallas, I don't listen to a lot of Boston sports radio. Can anyone tune me in to what station Zolak/Gresh are on? is it EEI?...Also, what time?..I can get them on the internet. Thanks in advance.
    Posted by PatsLifer

10AM-2PM
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/category/98-5-the-sports-hub-shows/gresh-zolak/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well I guess I'm wrong about Zolak, I thought it went without saying that Gresh is a meat head...glad we all feel the same about him. Maybe it's just the combination of the two that turn me off. What's the deal with Zolak's eye?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Zo is hilarious and knows his stuff for the most part...

Gresh sucks...he gets so sensitive when texters get on him...

Also, he values his football background wayyy more than he should...

He always references his playing days at URI and groups it in with Zo playing in the NFL...

It's ridiculous...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

imo zolak provides good insight, its got to be tough for him to have to listen to gresh babble on about nothing or about how he played o-line in college. a couple of days ago he said that he knows his football because of his experience from his college football playing days. listening to him talk about his playing days you'd think that he went to Alabama.

they should find someone else to pair with zo.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

imo zolak provides good insight, its got to be tough for him to have to listen to gresh babble on about nothing or about how he played o-line in college. a couple of days ago he said that he knows his football because of his experience from his college football playing days. listening to him talk about his playing days you'd think that he went to Alabama. they should find someone else to pair with zo.
    Posted by kjfitone

Exactly...it's pretty annoying...

He ALWAYS groups himself in with Zo and it's like dude, you're sitting next to an NFL QB...

There's a bit of a difference...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

I like Zolak a lot more than Gresh.  I do agree that Plax is a better option than Edwards.  Edwards drops a lot of balls, Plax never had that reputation.  Edwards also can become invisible in games when he is frustrated.  I have never heard a time when Plax quit on his team or said "give me the ball."  They are both d!cks, so thats a wash there.  If I had a choice, I would def take Plax over Edwards.
    *Only if Plax is healthy

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

I had to comment on this one. I can listen to Zolak and at least agree with some of the things he has to say. As soon as that annoying Gresh opens his mouth, I can't change the radio fast enough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Scott Zolak:
    Is it just me or is this guy painful to listen to on the radio? He talks over the other host and just carries on and on...it drives me crazy. I'm not sure I have much faith in his football insight as well; today he said that Plaxico Burress is an upgrade over Edwards. I don't like Edwards, but at least he has played football the past two years and is not 34 years old. For a guy that has started like 4 games in his nfl career (and played well in two of them) he is a tad bit holier than thou on everything football. I understand that he should know a thing or two about defense/offense, but yet I don't put much faith in anything he says - unlike Brown or Bruschi.
    Posted by mthurl

Scott Zolak...the man, the myth, the legend...from the Planet Zol...LOL!! 

Idiotic statement about the 35 year old, 2 years out of football Burress being an upgrade over Braylon Edwards. Edwards is a knucklehead off the field, is inconsistent, and a bit of a diva. But, over the past two years, he's made some big plays against the Pats.

He and Santonio Holmes were a very good WR tandum. Had they had Tom Brady or Peyton Manning throwing to them, rather than Mark Sanchez, their stats would have better reflected their abilities. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Scott Zolak : the worst is merrill hoge, a mediocre player with a big mouth and too many opinions...just jealous of today's players being better and richer than he ever was or will be...then there is trent dilfer, the worst qb to win a sb, acting like the man on BSPN...
    Posted by JintsFan

You are right on both points. 

If you are Dan Marino you have to cringe when you hear Dilfer explain the QB position and realize he has a ring and I don't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

I always skip the turf segments on patriots all access.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I like Zolak a lot more than Gresh.  I do agree that Plax is a better option than Edwards.  Edwards drops a lot of balls, Plax never had that reputation.  Edwards also can become invisible in games when he is frustrated.  I have never heard a time when Plax quit on his team or said "give me the ball."  They are both d!cks, so thats a wash there.  If I had a choice, I would def take Plax over Edwards. *Only if Plax is healthy
    Posted by gln826

Truthfully Plax has had that problem, there was a time when I would have considered him to be a very talented wideout, but that ship has sailed...two years out of the league and he's 34? Not saying Edwards is much better, but he is better in my opinion.

Sections
Shortcuts