Scout Team QB (Tebow)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Scout Team QB (Tebow)

Don't ever question BB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If he were practice squad eligible I could see it, but he's not that.  It's been a while since BB has kept three QBs on the 53-man roster.  Unless he things Tebow can do something other than play QB, I don't really see Tebow making the team.  If he does, I'd almost start to wonder about Mallet and whether BB has faith in him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Why is one measly roster spot on a mediocre team surrounding a HOF QB so valuable?

Some of the people that have held roster spots in this team in recent years are a joke.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Tebow has sucked his whole career. why should this year be any different? he will prove in camp, without a doubt, that he does not belong and he will not make this team. The word used to describe his practice today was "horrendous"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I his work ethic and character is what they are interested in the most. I think they want someone like that on the team and will find a way to fit it onto the roster. Even if it means convincing themselves that having a better scout QB is worth the spot.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I just find it laughable that Tebow has career numbers as good or better than Luck, but he will never make it and Luck is on the way to Canton in the eyes of many of our experts here.

That BB must just be stupid to have signed him! LMAO@U haterz

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

he will not make this team

Don't bet on that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I've not been in favor of keeping the guy, but I think I can see what they're doing. According to reports, he's played some RB, some receiver, some QB and it's day 1. They're going to try him in a slash type role of some sort. At least that's the idea, they'll find out if he has the skills and if there's any promise there, they'll keep him.

Losing Hern frees up a roster spot for a Swiss army knife. And McDaniels is pretty inventive. If they don't lock him into being a QB only, and if he's motivated to be fill that slash type of role, it might just work.  He's not fast, but he's a good open field runner and he's hard to bring down. 

Also if they cut him they can always sign him later because nobody else is going to pick him up. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Wassau hates him some Tim Tebow! Understand this Tim Tebow is going to be on this squad barring injury! Get used to it and adjust to it. Quit trying to fight it,facts are facts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

I his work ethic and character is what they are interested in the most. I think they want someone like that on the team and will find a way to fit it onto the roster. Even if it means convincing themselves that having a better scout QB is worth the spot.

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

I agree except I don't think it means he'll use up a roster spot.   I think a big reason why Edelman is not rushed back out there here in preseason is because he doesn't need to be.Not a coincidence, Edelman's use and presence since 2009 has no 3rd QB on the roser. If Tebow could do as many things as Edelman or more, fine. But, he can't.  I see it as nothing more than a camp guy who sets a good example with the intangibles than anything else. It's a BB stroke of genius to show a hardworking Tebow in camp and just show that if Tebow can be in here, everyone else more talented, needs to pick it up.  It's BB being BB.

I cannot see BB wasting a roster spot for a scout QB 3rd QB who can't throw. It makes no sense. I also think part of it is throwing Tebow a bone. They like him as a person, etc, but they won't waster  a roster spot because someone needs to run some read option in practice when they play a read option QB.

It's nothing more than an extended evaluation and a favor to him before he goes up to the CFL, IMO.

Kraft's comments today were probably half true. I just thought it was interesting he said it.

Disagree,  Edelman needs all the work he can get with Brady.  Heck, 2 years ago Brady stopped looking at him after dropping TD passes in consecutive games and last year he was gone before any trust or chemistry could be established.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

I agree except I don't think it means he'll use up a roster spot.  I think a big reason why Edelman is not rushed back out there here in preseason is because he doesn't need to be. Not a coincidence, Edelman's use and presence since 2009 has no 3rd QB on the roser. If Tebow could do as many things as Edelman or more, fine. But, he can't.  I see it as nothing more than a camp guy who sets a good example with the intangibles than anything else. It's a BB stroke of genius to show a hardworking Tebow in camp and just show that if Tebow can be in here, everyone else more talented, needs to pick it up.  It's BB being BB.

I cannot see BB wasting a roster spot for a scout QB 3rd QB who can't throw. It makes no sense. I also think part of it is throwing Tebow a bone. They like him as a person, etc, but they won't waster  a roster spot because someone needs to run some read option in practice when they play a read option QB.

It's nothing more than an extended evaluation and a favor to him before he goes up to the CFL, IMO.

Kraft's comments today were probably half true. I just thought it was interesting he said it.

Agree.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I agree except I don't think it means he'll use up a roster spot.  I think a big reason why Edelman is not rushed back out there here in preseason is because he doesn't need to be. Not a coincidence, Edelman's use and presence since 2009 has no 3rd QB on the roser. If Tebow could do as many things as Edelman or more, fine. But, he can't.  I see it as nothing more than a camp guy who sets a good example with the intangibles than anything else. It's a BB stroke of genius to show a hardworking Tebow in camp and just show that if Tebow can be in here, everyone else more talented, needs to pick it up.  It's BB being BB.

As always you make little sense.

The last thing Tebow needed was the "favor" of an "extended evaluation" that keeps him off the market for some team that gets hit with injuries in camp. Spending pre-season with the Pats only to get cut does NOTHING for TT. And I would think McDaniels would protest vehemently to use this guy for a camp body. After all, McD thought enough of him as a QB to draft him in the 1st round.

No, BB has a plan and he isn't doing any "favor". Whether TT rises to the occasion and fits the plan remains to be seen. But BB didn't sign him for some frivolous reason dumbkoff.

There are a ton of guys who threw no better than TT and carved out an NFL career. The way this guy has been treated vs the results he has had on the field is a damned shame.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

As always you make little sense.

The last thing Tebow needed was the "favor" of an "extended evaluation" that keeps him off the market for some team that gets hit with injuries in camp. Spending pre-season with the Pats only to get cut does NOTHING for TT. And I would think McDaniels would protest vehemently to use this guy for a camp body. After all, McD thought enough of him as a QB to draft him in the 1st round.

No, BB has a plan and he isn't doing any "favor". Whether TT rises to the occasion and fits the plan remains to be seen. But BB didn't sign him for some frivolous reason dumbkoff.

There are a ton of guys who threw no better than TT and carved out an NFL career. The way this guy has been treated vs the results he has had on the field is a damned shame.

Have to agree with Babe on this one.

Tebow won't be cut because we don't need a scout QB, but because Tebow just doesn't have the value compared to others. The idea of BB doing a "favor" for someone in this organization blows my mind. Kraft can say whatever he wants, but BB makes any and all necessary football decisions to make the team better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

The problem with using Edelman in that role is that is likely now this team's #2 WR, and reps playing the scout team QB is taking timing away from reps at WR.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston1988. Show LegendofBoston1988's posts

Tebow will eventually replace Aaron Hernandez.  Book it !  In BB we trust  

Just think of how crazy this story could become. The Pats sign Tebow, Aaron Hernandez get charged with murder, Tebow takes over his position and inspires the Pats to another Super Bowl.  Let me tell you, the media and pundits all over the world, would eat crow !!   Get it done Tim ..............

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have been to too many practices, camps and preseason games. I have never, ever seen Edelman throw even one pass. I was at camp yesterday. I did not see TT throw as I was on the other end of the field. I read he threw 11 passes. That is 11 more than Edelman has thrown in his Pats tenure. If TB or Mallett were to get hurt, the Pats would sign another QB, not play Edelman in the following game. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Bob Kraft is an excellent businessman, but I put zero stock in anything he has to say about who makes a roster after cuts and how they will be used.

I'd be willing to bet he's making these comments on his own rather than whatever limited info BB has shared.

Hopefully Kraft has learned from the Parcells affair to trust final roster decisions and such to his HOF coach.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I may be wrong but I just can't imagine BB wasting a valuable roster spot on this guy. He can't throw and he has zero experience playing TE/H back. I just don't 1 training camp is enough for him to make himself an effective player in those roles.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree for the most part, but not with the idea that some other team would be interested in picking him up. Every team already passed on him. Nobody wanted the circus. Nobody wants to build their offense around a weak armed QB who has unique skills, and he's not a good fit as a backup because he can't run an offense that requires the QB to make normal NFL throws.  

If he doesn't make it in NE, his career as a QB is over. Actually, it's over now. He's listed as a QB but his role is slash. He won't make the roster as a 3rd QB (even if that's how he's listed), he'll make it if he can prove to the staff that he has value in a hybrid role. 

I've come around to the view that he has a decent shot IF he is committed to running, catching, etc. The Swiss army knife role, similar to Hernandez, but different obviously because their skill sets are much different. (Hern was better with guns than knives...)

If he's stuck on QB or bust, then it's bust.