Seahawks Now Seeing The Cap

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Seahawks Now Seeing The Cap

The Seahawks don't worry me. Their offense sucks.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Rice - $750 against the cap

Ocho - $7mil against the cap

If Rice is an albatross then Ocho was a 777

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Guys pay no attention to rusty, he starts a thread like this every week...he has a man lust for Belichick and loves getting embarrassed when talking about the salary cap. It's been going on for years...I've never seen anything like it.

Imagine waking up and starting a thread about the Super Bowl Champions being on the hook for 700k when your own team has been on the hook for millions upon millions in waste? Did Ocho Cinco finally come off the books? How about Adrian Wilson? No big deal with him, he was probably just a low risk, high reward guy! Say did Fanene ever get himself out of that mental hospital? Probably a lot sooner than his money came off our books. Haynesworth cost us something, but not as much as Shaun Ellis...remember Ellis? That was the guy rusty said we "stole" from the jets because of their "salary cap hell" situation. Then of course there is the 100 million in tight ends we invested in (Gronk, Hernandez, Schiancoe, Fells, Ballard). I forget, are any of those guys still on the roster? And did we end up drafting, signing and trading for every corner in the NFL before eventually settling on rusty's most hated player (aside from Brady) Revis? Yeah I think we did.

Not to worry folks! Rusty's latest rage is that BB wisely "doubles down" in the draft because he foresees trends in the free agent market. You see, he's not selecting two or three corners because all the previous ones he drafted stunk, he's doing it because he realizes corner's market value will increase 7%, vs the average salary that will only increase 4%. He did the same thing by drafting Gronk and Hernandez - he realized the tight end market was going to "explode" four years in advance - I guess some of that exploding had to do with him extending both of them two years before their contracts were up, to 90 million dollars in contract total, but who's counting? Speaking of "exploding", it's a good thing Hernandez was never introduced to c-4, imagine what his off season could of been like last year? My heavens.

But Seattle really screwed up here guys.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Hey another Super Bowl winner screwed up their cap management according to Rusty.  It's beginning to look a lot like screwing up cap management is a good thing if you want to win the Super Bowl.  Maybe the Patriots should try screwing up their cap themselves, because all their brilliant cap management seems to get them is second and third place . . . 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

While the Sidney Rice thing is pointless, I do think SEA could see cap issues down the road.

If Lynch is demanding more money that could strain them as Wilson is due for a huge overpaid contract in the offseason.

I don't  know who else needs to be paid but they'll have to make tough decisions

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe it's worth mentioning that, according to the most recent NFLPA report, The Seahawks are 7.1 million below the cap, and the Pats 7.3 million below. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I think its always early to call a dynasty

Seattle is getting to the point where the cap coulod hurt them

They get a real advantage there with their QB

The Pats.  BB as coach and GM have been in a class by themselves

In this lague it is tough to retool - The apts do have some big nsaames coming up , but they also have alot of young players - But also in this league you need a QB - this more than the cap will be the test for the PAts - IMO

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Maybe it's worth mentioning that, according to the most recent NFLPA report, The Seahawks are 7.1 million below the cap, and the Pats 7.3 million below. 

also, take a look at the Pats free agents after this year...they have a ton of people with contracts that are up, and some of them are big $$$ players.

I really, really question if they sign Solder. It going to take $25M guaranteed to get him signed. Taking  risk not signing McCourty now...he is also going to cost big $$$

And then there's Revis, who's expensive even if they let him go, since his dead money in 2015 if he's released after this season is $5 million.  If they keep him, he costs $20 million unless restructured.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

While the Sidney Rice thing is pointless, I do think SEA could see cap issues down the road.

If Lynch is demanding more money that could strain them as Wilson is due for a huge overpaid contract in the offseason.

I don't  know who else needs to be paid but they'll have to make tough decisions

[object HTMLDivElement]

Really not seeing the issue with their cap moving forward. Looking at their cap numbers they have some guys coming off the books and with the cap set to significantly increase the next couple years it's all smoke and mirrors. They should have no issue signing Lynch and Wilson just like the Pats had no issue signing Gronk and Brady. It's all in the book keeping and moving funny money around but they are in no worse shape than the Pats as Rkarp points out we have a number of names coming up next year too and many more FA's to deal with than Sea does and I wouldn't put either team in the "cap trouble" books moving forward. Both have worked in ways to get extra cash if needed without losing too much of the bottom 2/3rds of their rosters.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts