Seahawks Will Be A Great Test...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Seahawks Will Be A Great Test...

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the past is to be used as a gauge, it seems many times when the Pats went up against a pretty good defense, they prevailed handily.  The difference, as the Broncos defense said, the speed of the Pats O is a lot different when faced in person than looking at it on film.  Denver hasn't remotely come close to playing such an offense and Herny is back in the line-up!!!  What do the Seahawks focus against?  The run or the pass?  Either way, BB and the O will take what they are given.

[/QUOTE]

According to the current stats, they are more like San Fran.  66.6 rushing ypg and 14 points.

Seattle 1293 258.6 960 192.0 333 66.6 70 14.0 4 San Francisco 1313 262.6 906 181.2 407 81.4 68 13.6

would you say the seahawks defense is more like Denvers....or more like Arizona's?

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the past is to be used as a gauge, it seems many times when the Pats went up against a pretty good defense, they prevailed handily.  The difference, as the Broncos defense said, the speed of the Pats O is a lot different when faced in person than looking at it on film.  Denver hasn't remotely come close to playing such an offense and Herny is back in the line-up!!!  What do the Seahawks focus against?  The run or the pass?  Either way, BB and the O will take what they are given.

[/QUOTE]

would you say the seahawks defense is more like Denvers....or more like Arizona's?

[/QUOTE]

So far this year Seahawks been more like Arizona due to quality. The Seahawks d-line/Lb's are comparable to Arizona and thier CB's / Safety are as good as Denvers.

So their defense is better rounded than either Ariz or Denv. from what I can surmise but probably a bit shy or Arizona up the middle.

Like the OP says 'a great test'

Playing all the good defenses with good D-lines is a blessing in disguise for the Pats this year : Ariz, Seattle, Hou, SF .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That may not be the issue.  It could be that the Patriots' offense was stuck in second gear during the first three weeks, while the rookie linemen got their feet wet, while Daniel Fells realized what color shirt he was wearing, while Lloyd got his signals straight, while Boldin got his feet wet.  I have a sneaking suspicion that something was wrong with Wes Welker in week 1 when he didn't play that much.  He seems to be all right lately, with his 13 catch game. 

42 points from six consecutive drives against Buffalo says that the offense has figured out the hurryup by now.

The Seahawks have a great defense.  Their rookie quarterback is a different kettle of fish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That may not be the issue.  It could be that the Patriots' offense was stuck in second gear during the first three weeks, while the rookie linemen got their feet wet, while Daniel Fells realized what color shirt he was wearing, while Lloyd got his signals straight, while Boldin got his feet wet. 

The Seahawks have a great defense.  Their rookie quarterback is a different kettle of fish.

[/QUOTE]

Good points, NE O was nothing like it is now vs. Ariz.

And ...it might come down to NE getting the Seattle offense off the field so the O can establish the run so Seattle has to respect the gaps and limit its pass rush.

This sometimes takes a few stalled drives / punts to get going...once it does NE can scvore almost every series...the real question is how well the defense holds them while this is developing.

The defense forcing thier O into 3 and outs and turnovers could be the difference between a very close game and a blowout.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

wouldnt be surprised if welker has 13+ catches...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If ever a game screams RUN the Football be patient, keep 3rd downs manageable, its this game. I will be very curious how McDaniels Game Plans this.

[/QUOTE]
    Seattle is what, giving an average of 78 yrds on the ground?  Not sure that will be the plan.

Tom will test the waters and then go up tempo, no huddle. to keep  which ever defensive package is working on the field.  They masterfully  kept Von Miller off the field for 29 snaps last week by doing this.

My guess is Welker will be the key.

[/QUOTE]

Welker's almost always the key but they'll never pay him

[/QUOTE]

He's making 9.5 MM, How much is the salsa machine making?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If ever a game screams RUN the Football be patient, keep 3rd downs manageable, its this game. I will be very curious how McDaniels Game Plans this.

[/QUOTE]
    Seattle is what, giving an average of 78 yrds on the ground?  Not sure that will be the plan.

Tom will test the waters and then go up tempo, no huddle. to keep  which ever defensive package is working on the field.  They masterfully  kept Von Miller off the field for 29 snaps last week by doing this.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

cruz is a second yr player making rookie minimum  plus 10% so not applicable in the least

[/QUOTE]

cruz is going to get a monster contract

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

cruz is a second yr player making rookie minimum  plus 10% so not applicable in the least

[/QUOTE]

They could give him more money now, like the Pats did with Hern, Gronk, Mayo. Probably be in your best intrest to do so

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They could give him more money now, like the Pats did with Hern, Gronk, Mayo. Probably be in your best intrest to do so

[/QUOTE]

hern and gronk are third year players.....wouldnt surprise me if the giants lock up cruz next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hern and gronk are third year players.....wouldnt surprise me if the giants lock up cruz next year.

[/QUOTE]
    I know they are 3rd year but didn't they get their contracts before the season actually started?

Besides, Welker is currently the 4th highest paid receiver in 2012.  He doesn't have a contract next year but that could change.  Translation Pats are not cheap. 

I believe they are paying Ballard this year, too cuz the jints didn't want to.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

In response to BoisesBiggestPatsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BB will indeed confuse the rookie QB. Wilson will complete some passes but will not look like Brees. Pat's D gets 2 picks. On offense, Ridley will get his yards and if they scrunch up in the box to stop it Brady goes to work. They will get some pressure. Maybe 2 sacks. When they spread out a little to stop Brady then Ridley goes to work. They will have to pick their poison. And will die by their choice. Pat's D is getting better by the week.

PAT'S 34-12

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sounds good to me

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

They certainly were tough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

unfortunately.  It's just one more loss.  10 games left to make playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We can't afford too many more of them. I still feel confident in divisional games, IMO Miami is going to be the toughest team to beat but we should handle them. If we go 6-0 in the division we will win it and get a home playoff game in the wild card round.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We can't afford too many more of them. I still feel confident in divisional games, IMO Miami is going to be the toughest team to beat but we should handle them. If we go 6-0 in the division we will win it and get a home playoff game in the wild card round.

[/QUOTE]

I guess it will help if we win all of our division games...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Miami looks better than most anticipated. Fortunately, both games are scheduled for December, away Dec 2, home Dec 30. These division games are now must wins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Yes they were, we all called it!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

dunno, there were quite a few naysayers...but makes no difference anymore.  Onto the JETS!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"we all"?

Sections
Shortcuts