Seahawks Will Be A Great Test...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Seahawks Will Be A Great Test...

on a number of fronts.  They don't score many points, but their D appears solid - don't give up many points, stout run d, don't give up many yards passing.  So - so when it comes to takeaway/giveaway.

They'll be a good test for our offense on two fronts - will they be able to limit the Patriots newly found run game - and will they be able to get to Brady and limit our passing game.  If they can keep the game a low scoring affair - then that scenario will put the onus on the defense to win this game.

Just pray the D doesn't make Russell Wilson look like Drew Brees....lol

I'm sure BB will have some different looks to confuse the rookie....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoisesBiggestPatsFan. Show BoisesBiggestPatsFan's posts

Re: Seahawks Will Be A Great Test...

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

BB will indeed confuse the rookie QB. Wilson will complete some passes but will not look like Brees. Pat's D gets 2 picks. On offense, Ridley will get his yards and if they scrunch up in the box to stop it Brady goes to work. They will get some pressure. Maybe 2 sacks. When they spread out a little to stop Brady then Ridley goes to work. They will have to pick their poison. And will die by their choice. Pat's D is getting better by the week.

PAT'S 34-12

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I like to consider myself a realist (who doesn't).  But I'm optimistic about this defense.

I would say about the defense- I think they're getting better.  Last week it was McCourty, Jones, Spikes and Wilson coming up big, this week Ninkovich, Mayo, and Dennard make plays.  Different guys means they're not reliant on one or two guys to have big games.  I think they get it together, still like this defense better than last years secondary of Idehigbo, Ventrone, whoever.

I think they get a little better every game.

I think the offense is trying some different things and perfecting them.  I believe if they can stay healthy they are close to unstoppable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Def not a 34-12 game

27-20 or 24-17 or 21-16

something like that

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

27-10, Pats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

on a number of fronts.  They don't score many points, but their D appears solid - don't give up many points, stout run d, don't give up many yards passing.  So - so when it comes to takeaway/giveaway.

They'll be a good test for our offense on two fronts - will they be able to limit the Patriots newly found run game - and will they be able to get to Brady and limit our passing game.  If they can keep the game a low scoring affair - then that scenario will put the onus on the defense to win this game.

Just pray the D doesn't make Russell Wilson look like Drew Brees....lol

I'm sure BB will have some different looks to confuse the rookie....

I haven't watched any of the Seahawk's games but looking at their offensive stats appears that they are using Wilson to manage their games and to not make mistakes by using their running game and passing only when needed. They are averaging 140 yards per game rushing which is 6th in the NFL. He has had only (1) 200 yard passing game which was yesterday against the Panthers. It would not surprise me if he has 300 this week but less yards rushing since the Patriots are only letting up an average of 82.2 per game.

You are correct about it being a good test for the offense this week. Their defense has only allowed 333 yards running in 5 games, an average of just 66.6 yards per game at 3.2 yards per run. Their defense is only giving up 192 yards per game in the air. They do have 16 sacks so it appears they do like to blitz. They also have 9 forced fumbles. So they can create the turnovers which can be a concern.

So something has to give. The Patriots are currently the number 1 team in total offense in the NFL they will meet one of the better defenses this week.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I'm not too worried about their O.  Just take away Lynch and make the rookie QB beat you.  They have an excellent pass rush so it will be interesting to see how the O-line holds up in pass protection which hasn't been as good as the run blocking this year.  The only other issue is travelling to the West Coast.  Still if the Pats plays to their abillities this should be a win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I have New England at #2 and Seattle at #12.  Seattle has a great home field advantage, primarily because the NFL's other 31 teams all have to schlep thousands of miles out there and it's an exhausting trip across three time zones for most teams.  Primarily because of the long trip, my latest numbers give Seattle a miniscule 0.9 point advantage next week. 

Both teams have moderately interesting games coming up in week 7, but it's probably not much of a trap game situation for either team.  New England is playing the Jets, who are rapidly becoming longer and longer longshots to get the last wild card slot, but it's always nice to take care of division games just in case.   Given the Jets' injury problems, tonight's game with Houston could knock the Jets down badly enough that the Patriots can concentrate on the Seahawks.  Seattle is playing the Green Bay Packers in week 7, a nice tough team.  Because Seattle has nearly zero hope of winning the NFC West no matter how hard they try, beating the Packers isn't anything that special.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I see the Seahawks as the 49'ers of last year to a degree. Stout D, terrible offense....not quite as good as the 49'ers as they don't have Gore, but a decent run game none the less. 

I don't see a blowout in any sense. I think Seattle keeps it tight unless the Pats get up a lot early. That is the key..pats score points early like they did yesterday and then you put Wilson in a terrible posiiton..he has to pass to win...

Score, Pats 24, Seattle 13

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Pats win by 10+, I'll say 27-13. 

Seattle does have a great D but the offense is lousy.  16 points against Carolina, who has an awful Defense, 14 against GB (with a gift TD).  Aside fromt the Dallas game, Seattle has done little to nothing on offense.

The Seahawk D might slow down the Pats offense a little bit but as long as the Pats don't turn it over, they should be fine in this one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

I have New England at #2 and Seattle at #12.  Seattle has a great home field advantage, primarily because the NFL's other 31 teams all have to schlep thousands of miles out there and it's an exhausting trip across three time zones for most teams.  Primarily because of the long trip, my latest numbers give Seattle a miniscule 0.9 point advantage next week. 

Both teams have moderately interesting games coming up in week 7, but it's probably not much of a trap game situation for either team.  New England is playing the Jets, who are rapidly becoming longer and longer longshots to get the last wild card slot, but it's always nice to take care of division games just in case.   Given the Jets' injury problems, tonight's game with Houston could knock the Jets down badly enough that the Patriots can concentrate on the Seahawks.  Seattle is playing the Green Bay Packers in week 7, a nice tough team.  Because Seattle has nearly zero hope of winning the NFC West no matter how hard they try, beating the Packers isn't anything that special.

Not that I see why it really matters but Seattle plays SF, not GB, in week 7.  Seattle already played GB..... replacement refs, etc....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

I like to consider myself a realist (who doesn't).  But I'm optimistic about this defense.

I would say about the defense- I think they're getting better.  Last week it was McCourty, Jones, Spikes and Wilson coming up big, this week Ninkovich, Mayo, and Dennard make plays.  Different guys means they're not reliant on one or two guys to have big games.  I think they get it together, still like this defense better than last years secondary of Idehigbo, Ventrone, whoever.

I think the offense is trying some different things and perfecting them.  I believe if they can stay healthy they are close to unstoppable.

Not sure if our secondary is better or not or whether our front 7 is doing a good enuf job of masking the same secondary problems.

Very stoked about the transformation of the offense, like where it's going.  That's why it'll be interesting to see how it works against a supposedly very good defense in Seattle

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Not sure if our secondary is better or not or whether our front 7 is doing a good enuf job of masking the same secondary problems.

Very stoked about the transformation of the offense, like where it's going.  That's why it'll be interesting to see how it works against a supposedly very good defense in Seattle

The difference will be Seattle's not usually dealing with the amount of weapons at Brady's disposal. They'll have to get to him to keep him from wheeling and dealing.

PS Can we have a game with no turnovers?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:

Not that I see why it really matters but Seattle plays SF, not GB, in week 7.  Seattle already played GB..... replacement refs, etc....

My reading goof.  I use "STL" for Saint Louis and it looked like Seattle too.

Seattle taking on San Francisco at SF might be considered a big game by Seattle.    Beat San Francisco once, split the series, get a tiebreaker somewhere and the NFC West could in theory belong to the fishbreaths.  On the other hand, I have San Francisco by 13.4 points.  Seattle's a 9-7 team and San Fran is off in the stratosphere.  If I were Seattle I'd just mail in the trip to San Francisco (but don't ever tell the press) and concentrate on winning the other 15 games.

Bonus for New England:  Aaron Hernandez on the field.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Seattle is very good against the run. They have a tough defense. It will be a good test but the Patriots are ready.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

Seattle is very good against the run. They have a tough defense. It will be a good test but the Patriots are ready.

am so looking forward to the game, can't believe we're talking about it so early in the week. Usually, not until THU or later...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

am so looking forward to the game, can't believe we're talking about it so early in the week. Usually, not until THU or later...

I think you are not the only one looking forward to this game. It will be a good test. Some in the media, like Jaws and Don Banks have already seen and taken notice of the transformation of the Patriots offense. Others like Peter King are more in the 49s band wagon after they had 300 yards running and passing this past week. It will be interesting to watch the Giants and 49s this coming week also. Unfortunately they are on at the same time the Patroits and Seahawks are on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

I think you are not the only one looking forward to this game. It will be a good test. Some in the media, like Jaws and Don Banks have already seen and taken notice of the transformation of the Patriots offense. Others like Peter King are more in the 49s band wagon after they had 300 yards running and passing this past week. It will be interesting to watch the Giants and 49s this coming week also. Unfortunately they are on at the same time the Patroits and Seahawks are on.

need two tvs? :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I too am looking forward to this one.  A nice test of their D against our Offense.  Don't think they will be providing much offense for our D so it will be an interesting one for sure. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Pacific NW is no easy road trip but I think the Pats will have the clear advantage most of the way in this one. I'm interested in seeing how the rook Bruce Irvin looks against our line though.

30-17ish

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I want to see the Pats win and control the game on offense. The last thing I want to see is Pete Carroll pumping his fist and jumping up and down

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I think that their D is young and aggressive. Brady uses that against teams. If the O can run the hurry up as fast as yesterday, then Seahawks will be thrown off and be confused and our O will move the ball. Expect some negative plays but think we will hit on more positives and therefore win this game. I am seeing it being like 24-10 or 21-7 or something like that. I don't think their O can score a lot on our D. It will be a good test and nice to beat Pete Carol at the same time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

I think that their D is young and aggressive. Brady uses that against teams. If the O can run the hurry up as fast as yesterday, then Seahawks will be thrown off and be confused and our O will move the ball. Expect some negative plays but think we will hit on more positives and therefore win this game. I am seeing it being like 24-10 or 21-7 or something like that. I don't think their O can score a lot on our D. It will be a good test and nice to beat Pete Carol at the same time.

seems that the seahawks are pretty balanced on D.  Their CBs are tall and like to be aggressive at the line.  So, if their front 7 can get to Brady AND they can cover - that will be interesting to see what we can do with the run game. I wanna see what happens to our run game and how McD calls the game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Not very many teams beat Seattle in Seattle. They suck on the road but are off the charts at home. The Pats will need to be ready and not let their guard down. Seahawks are not to be taken lightly. That being said i think Pats win a tight one.

Sections
Shortcuts