Seahawks Will Be A Great Test...

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Seahawks Will Be A Great Test...

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

In response to sporter81's comment:

Seattle is very good against the run. They have a tough defense. It will be a good test but the Patriots are ready.

Dude, they really haven't played a good running team with a good QB like this. GB has no run game right now.

They remind me of the Colts of yesteryear. Fast, finesse and overly-aggressive 4-3.  Not a good matchup for them. And, clearly, they haven't faced a QB like this that has a run game like we do.

It's more than just letting the dogs loose. Pete Carroll ain't the brightest bulb in the shed.

Do you even watch the Seahawk or do you just have to always talk out your @ss.

The one thing they are good at is Dfense and they are not finesse, specially early in games when thier D-line is strong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Seattle is very good against the run. They have a tough defense. It will be a good test but the Patriots are ready.

Dude, they really haven't played a good running team with a good QB like this. GB has no run game right now.

They remind me of the Colts of yesteryear. Fast, finesse and overly-aggressive 4-3.  Not a good matchup for them. And, clearly, they haven't faced a QB like this that has a run game like we do.

It's more than just letting the dogs loose. Pete Carroll ain't the brightest bulb in the shed.

It won't be close

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

hmmm, a defensive team that doesn't score many points.  Sounds a little like Arizona.  u make it sound like it's gonna be a blowout. Maybe, maybe not.

Besides, that wasn't my point dude....and, I'm sure that the Seahawks are thinking we are a test for them too. Noone said otherwise.

The point was - that it's going to be interesting to see what Seattle tries to take away first - run or pass.  And in a similar vein, how does McD respond to it? That's what I mean by it's a great test.

In addition, if it is a low scoring affair - I think that would be Seattle's kind of game - In which case, our D has to be that much tougher.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

hmmm, a defensive team that doesn't score many points.  Sounds a little like Arizona.  u make it sound like it's gonna be a blowout.

As long as McDaniels isn't on horse tranquiliizers using Woodhead as a lead back, Seattle will have their hands full.

THis club is very businesslike on the road, too. They play very clean road games, generally speaking.

Seattle will come out hard and as long as there are no turnovers, NE wins it going away. 

The Patriots ought to win.....just like the game against the Cards...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I do not care necessarily about the respect the posters here give the Seahawks. As long as the Pats respect them and prepare for them. If the Seahawks stuff the run the Pats Oline needs to play better than it has against the pass rush (I'm not comfortable having Brady sacked about 40 times this year). The Seahawks sacked Rodgers 9 times if i remember correctly. I assume every game will be close and then consider blow out wins when they happen a good dessert and nothing more.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

I do not care necessarily about the respect the posters here give the Seahawks. As long as the Pats respect them and prepare for them. If the Seahawks stuff the run the Pats Oline needs to play better than it has against the pass rush (I'm not comfortable having Brady sacked about 40 times this year). The Seahawks sacked Rodgers 9 times if i remember correctly. I assume every game will be close and then consider blow out wins when they happen a good dessert and nothing more.

GB has no run game.  That's why. They knew GB wanted to use the shotgun and throw. Made it easy on them. Add in the primetime game at home as a measuring stick situation?

Seattle will come to play, but NE would need to be unprepared and lack focus to drop this one. BB will hammer them all week on plays they missed, too.

I agree that the Pats have a vastly superior run game than the Packers. The only Seahawks game I have watched this year was the Packers game and i was very impressed with their defense that night. They really outplayed the Packers for 3 quarters. The Packers were robbed that night and while I think the Pats will win i do believe the Seahawks will treat, this game just like the Packers game. Everyone plays the Pats like it's the super bowl and celebrate accordingly if they pull the upset. You know Carrol wants this game probably more than any other game on his schedule. I expect the Seahawks to come out on fire in the first quarter like the Broncos did in the regular season last year. I also expect the Pats to weather the storm and win it because the Pats have faced that situations a hundred times at least in the past 10 years. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Do you know why we lost the game to the Cardinals? I already told you why above, but apparently you're too ignorant to pick up on it.

Week 2 is a long way from Week 5.  There's these two guys named Ridley and Bolden. WIth Hernandez back, I feel sorry for Seattle.

Ron Jaworski is correct. What do you do?   NE's offense is more dynamic than 2007's offense, which will be more than enough to neturalize Seattle's aggressive front 7.

Rusty, actually - u need to read your own posts. Show me in this thread where you "explained" why the Patriots lost against the Cards...

never mind if u weren't addressing to me.....lol

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I said as long as McDaniels isn't taking horse tranquilizers using Woodhead as a lead back.  We used Woodhead too much in the Arizona and Baltimore games.

We lose when we use WOodhead as the lead back.  That simple.

It's comical to me that all of a sudden Seattle is this juggernaut because of a botched call on a Hail Mary on national tv.

umm...never said that they were a juggernaut.  All I've said is that it's going to be a good test for the Patriots offense. And if the Seahawks do manage a low scoring affair, it will be interesting to see how our defense rises to the occasion.

Rusty, i got no bone to pick with u....lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

Do you even watch the Seahawk or do you just have to always talk out your @ss.

The one thing they are good at is Dfense and they are not finesse, specially early in games when thier D-line is strong.

WHo have they played except for a SB at home against GB where the refs came out and robbed GB?

Dude, our team just ran for 500 yards in two games with Tom Brady as QB. They played the game of their lives at home against GB and had to have the replacement refs bail them out. Don't expect NE to struggle as bad as that against their D.  If they want to sell out on a rush like that, Brady will eat them alive.

I watch as much or more football than yourself and have been following the NFL for 30 years. Stop trying to challenge me with your annoing little comments. Every year, the media jumps on the jock of a new up and coming team, and Seattle is one of the few in the NFC.

Would you like to wager on this game?

First and foremost I am and always be a Pats fan, secondy I think the Pats will win this game and score alot if the playcalling and exacution is perfect. 

But i do stand by my comment that If you think they are a finesse defense you are talking out your @ss.  They play defense in the same way the Pats do but they have better secondary for the most part.  

I do respect what thier D can do and to underestimate them or write them off could lead to a very close game.

Oh and I've been watching football just as long or longer than you so you can keep patting your own back. I also played football and I am very familar with every aspect of how the game is played, I may have only made it to a 3A college but I have much more real experance than you have.

Your like the guy who see war movies, reads Tom Clancy and play Call of Duty then tries to talk about War.  I have been there and lived it so I can see when someone talks out of thier @ss with thier knowledge..

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[/QUOTE]

So, you're fearful of our D against Josh Wilson?  That game will be about how Seattle can handle our balanced offense for 4 qtrs and how our offense handles the noise, avoiding turnovers.

[/QUOTE]

no. U need to stop trying to put words in people's mouths. Where did I say that? What i did say earlier - is that if Seattle's defense manages to keep the game close - that the Patriots defense has an opportunity to win a game for this team.  In a low scoring game, anything can happen to the Patriots (or any other team in the NFL) where the likes of Russell Wilson has a chance to win a game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

What? You think Seattle's one dimensional, smaller, athletic 4-3 college D is like NE's?  bawaaahahhah!

Case closed. Discussion over.

PS This has no bearing if you played football or not. I played many sports, but if you don't get concepts, it doesn't mean jack squat.  Ask Antonio Cromartie. He's as dumb as a bag of rocks.

So tell me mister know it all what is the size differance between seattle D and the 49ers or many other defenses... keep digging your hole so you can say you never said any of this.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I think the issue is how will the Pats run their no huddle in that sound studio that is Century Link Field?  If they can figure a way (they did in Indy), the Pats will win big.  If not it's going to be close.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

The size difference between ours and Seattles? Can Seattle play a 3-4?  Do they have the beef we have and the depth we have?

NO

Anything else, spanky?  Don't try to get cute, Sylvia. Won't work. You'd have to be blind to not see what Seattle's D is.  It's a pass rushing, finesse 4-3 college style Pete Carroll D, and it won't last.

So are you saying all the teams that run a 4/3 and don't have a 330+ NT for a 3/4 is finesse... got it.  Should I list how many team run thier D the same way?  Are you watching the texans?  So they are finesse? 

Oh any seattle D has been pritty good for three year what is your time frame for not lasting?

I only have issue is that you call a team finesse with no real bassis except your bias against the team or whatever.

Sections
Shortcuts