Sean Payton approached Parcells

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

Sean Payton approached Parcells

Just heard that Sean Payton has approached Bill Parcells about taking the interim head coaching job with the Saints.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

Re: Sean Payton approached Parcells

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7738693/sean-payton-bill-parcells-discuss-new-orleans-saints-job-sources-say

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Seems like a pretty sweet gig.  You get to coach a playoff caliber team where if they suck it gets written off because of all the distractions to the team and if you win big you get repped as a genius for bringing stability etc.  I think it would be great to see the Tuna on the sidelines again, but I doubt this happens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

How old is Traitor Bill? He's got to be in his 70s by now. I think most coaches, just like players, lose a step after a certain age. I don't think that would help the Saints.

Besides, just like Belichick has never won anything without Weiss and Crennel, Parcells has never won anything without Belichick.

An yes, I'm still bitter. He screwed us out of the Superbowl and then stole my all time favorite Patriot with a sleazy bckroom deal. You can't tell me the commish didn't do Billy a favor. That never should have been allowed to happen. You will also never convince me that the better team won the 96 Superbowl.

Oh, well. What's done is done. But I still hate that rat bas tard

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Payton approached Parcells:
    [QUOTE]Seems like a pretty sweet gig.  You get to coach a playoff caliber team where if they suck it gets written off because of all the distractions to the team and if you win big you get repped as a genius for bringing stability etc.  I think it would be great to see the Tuna on the sidelines again, but I doubt this happens.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

It would be a sweet gig. Only problem would be alot of media attention with the saints this year. I think he should stay retired. Does anyone know if he came back for a year, he'd have to start over on HOF eligibility?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

[QUOTE]How old is Traitor Bill? He's got to be in his 70s by now. I think most coaches, just like players, lose a step after a certain age. I don't think that would help the Saints. Besides, just like Belichick has never won anything without Weiss and Crennel, Parcells has never won anything without Belichick. An yes, I'm still bitter. He screwed us out of the Superbowl and then stole my all time favorite Patriot with a sleazy bckroom deal. You can't tell me the commish didn't do Billy a favor. That never should have been allowed to happen. You will also never convince me that the better team won the 96 Superbowl. Oh, well. What's done is done. But I still hate that rat bas tard
    Posted by df5[/QUOTE]

Agree, losing Curtis Martin was horrible. Though I remember Martin saying something after the deal that he wanted out of NE cuz he didn't think Pete Carrol would take them back to the SB and he was right but if he stayed a Patriot, he'd have 3 rings and we never would've needed Dillion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Payton approached Parcells : Agree, losing Curtis Martin was horrible. Though I remember Martin saying something after the deal that he wanted out of NE cuz he didn't think Pete Carrol would take them back to the SB and he was right but if he stayed a Patriot, he'd have 3 rings and we never would've needed Dillion.
    Posted by I sat on your toilet[/QUOTE]

I don't remember anything like that. But I do remember he was getting around 300k a year still on his rookie deal. He didn't hold out or complain. I remember him being quoted as saying something to the effect of "I signed a contract and I'm going to honor it." Even though it was completely unfair given his level of performance.

The problem was I'm sure he resented being screwed. And then when they locked up Ted Johnson early I think that sealed the deal. I think he wanted out no matter what. So I wouldn't say the Pats were blameless in the situation. But Parcells definitely cheated to get him into New York.

And I still love Curtis Martin. But maybe he got what he deserved for abandoning us. He played out the rest of his career on a loser team and won nothing while he watched us take home three titles. Then there is another part of me that feels sorry for him.

But back to my original point: Screw Bill Parcells.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Ha ha...funny post df5...screw Parcells. 

I see why some Pats fans don't love the guy, but he's a good coach and great to listen to.  I think he made peace with Kraft and that stuff is just under the bridge at this point.  Don't forget...before Kraft was able to hire BB, it had to go through Parcells and the Jets.  He calls up Kraft and says..."It's Darth Vader..." and subsequently, let BB out of his contract for a nice set of picks or whatever it was.  So while Parcells can be a hard-@$$ a times, he's a pretty good guy and will treat others fairly well...unless your Jason Taylor! :)

I think it'd be fascinating to see him on the Saints sideline.  I'm sure the players would appreciate playing for him and he knows it's a short-term gig.  He can get his fix for the year and then go back to doing whatever he feels like.  Pretty sweet deal actually.  It's smart for Sean Payton to ask Parcells to do it as he really doesn't want to open the door for someone else to potentially take his job should they do a better job than expected. 

Back in the day, I was a huge Giants fan (sacrilege at this point)...but my grandfather was a giants fan and loved Bill Parcells...so I loved him too.  I enjoyed his press conferences (That's a stupid question!).  He's a pretty funny guy...the NFL is better with Parcells involved.  I'm glad BB and he made peace over the last several years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Tuna's all about money these days. The deal would have to be sweet sweet sweet. And he has health issues. I just don't think he's into the HC grind anymore.

What he did to the fish was akin to highway robbery, but they let him do it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Payton approached Parcells : Agree, losing Curtis Martin was horrible. Though I remember Martin saying something after the deal that he wanted out of NE cuz he didn't think Pete Carrol would take them back to the SB and he was right but if he stayed a Patriot, he'd have 3 rings and we never would've needed Dillion.
    Posted by I sat on your toilet[/QUOTE]

The Patriots spent the money on Willie and Ted Johnson, then low balled Curtis.  The Jets stepped up and gave him twice what the Pats were offering.  It's a shame they didn't make him a priority.  Would have been great for him to play it out as a Patriot.  Can't really complain, but that's the one that sticks out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I don't hold it against Curtis taking the deal, I hate the way Parcells handled the 96 superbowl pre through post game. He is partly responsible for Pats Superbowl run and begun the Patriots being a respectable franchise.