Sean Smith to chiefs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Sean Smith to chiefs

Analysis:  The cornerback has agreed to a deal with Chiefs, NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Thursday. The 49ers were also interested in signing him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Sean Smith to chiefs

Chiefs definitely on their way up if they get some good QB play from A. Smith. Flowers, Smith and Robinson at CB? Not bad at all..

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

3 year deal...lets see what the terms are and we'll have an idea of what talib will be getting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Chiefs definitely on their way up if they get some good QB play from A. Smith. Flowers, Smith and Robinson at CB? Not bad at all..

I think they have a good team...2 very good linebackers, a good safety now a good cb depth, they also have a great rb, a good receiver, they can be a 8 win 8 lose team

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Early word in league circles on the Sean Smith contract: $5 million average, same as Derek Cox. Trying to confirm.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Early word in league circles on the Sean Smith contract: $5 million average, same as Derek Cox. Trying to confirm.

That's good

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

If Sean Smith averages around 5 mil a year

How can Talib possibly be worth more. Both are around a similar skill set, but Smith is two years younger and doesn't have the same durability/off season questions as Talib.

Only way I see Talib getting more is if the Redskins do what they do and overpay

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

That's good

I hope they paid more then that for him because if they didn't and the Pats didn't bring him then thats pretty disappointing.   I keep waiting for this great signing by BB and players keep droping off the board. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So glad we didn't end up with Smith, now let's sign Talib already...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Early returns on #Chiefs Sean Smith's 3-year deal: 3 years, $18 million 11 guaranteed. Won't have breakdown for a bit, though...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

good this should help define the market for other CB's and get the ball rolling quicker. i think there are much better values out there than smith.

Agreed - I think he's a bit over rated.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Adios! so glad the Phins didn't resign this guy. he's trash, probably the only player on the Phins i DONT like.. but now i don't have to worry about that anymore. Chiefs took a step back by signing him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

In response to Godvernment's comment:

good this should help define the market for other CB's and get the ball rolling quicker. i think there are much better values out there than smith.

Agreed - I think he's a bit over rated.

sean smith is garbage. he can't tackle, can't catch wide open INTs that are thrown right at him and hit him right in the hands. Falls over anytime a receiver makes a move on him.. there is a reason why he was the most targeted CB last year... O coordinators knew he was garbage and not going to do anything to stop them.

Sections
Shortcuts