Season a success if Pats lose next week?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Season a success if Pats lose next week?

In response to Sam-Adams' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's try this another way, go back to February 1st of 2013. Ok, now that we're all there close your eyes and picture that we won't have Welker, Woodhead, Hernandez, Lloyd and Gronk will be (or equal to) on the PUP list to start the season.

Now picture that we won't have Wilfork after week 4, Mayo and Kelly after week 5, Gronk will come back to only play four games, Dennard plays less than half the season, Talib misses 2-3 games and we won't have Spikes for the last week and the playoffs.

Dobson Boyce and Thompkins, our new rookie wide recieving corp will alternate injuries to combine to play 16 games, Vareen misses half the season  and Ridley will get benched for a total of 3 games for fumbilitis.

Now, after all that if I were to tell you they'd make it to the AFCCG would you be satisfied or would you say they should win it despite all these set-backs?

To me, I'm disapointed anytime the Pats lose but if they do drop this game in Denver next week it's not going to hurt like the SB's did. I know they did everything possible to piece a season together and I'd be very proud of that accomplishment. To say they should win tells me you haven't left 2007 yet.

GO PATS!

[/QUOTE]

Wow, great post. Good job sir.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

I think so but kind of dissappointing if they lose, especially to Manning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

However, a second thought.

What if the Pats can't make to the playoffs next season? If Manning wins his second SB, then you know the media will crown Manning and criticizes Brady.

I know the team has injuries but Pats has to win the SB. This is might their  only chance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I thought they were done when Mayo went down.  I figured that was the whole middle of the defense at that point, plus the receiver issues.  

I guess I was wrong again.  I think it's all gravy now but they even have me believing they have a chance again.

One Globe headline said "no Gronk No Chance".  No, they have a chance.

Who knew Ghost could punt like that?  Blount....really?  They just might win it!  Great season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

The SB is always the ultimate triumph, and not winning it s*cks. But like Sam-Adams said, with so many injuries, the entire center of the defense gone, no pass-catching TE for most of the season, no pass-catching RB for most of the season (the 11 games Vereen was out), Amendola in and out with injury, the rookies starting like rookies, growing but then getting injured, the O-line also plagued with injuries, I cannot help but really like this team, and consider the season a succes no matter how things pan out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

There's a lot of reasonable Pats fans on this board and I see contributions from quite a few in this thread.  I do not ever like it in any way shape or form if the Pats lose.  That said, to watch this team overcome what it has this season was really something special.  This is a special Pats team and BB has done a very special job in coaching them up.  I see the Pats playing with 'house money' at this point; if they beat Denver next Sunday it will be amazing; if they then go on to win the SB I'll be delighted and astonished.  But if next Sunday is their last game this season then, although disappointed, I wil remember this year as one in which my favorite football team really showed what focus, guts and determination can achieve under inspiring leadership. 

I will also look forward to next season knowing that the New England Patriots are the 2nd youngest team in the NFL and that truly is reason to smile.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Why do we watch? Because they win most of the time? Because they have won championships? Because they have Tom Brady?

No. We watch because we love football. As long as we have a team to watch on Sunday I consider that a success.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think you have to look at the past 10 - 12 years as a success.  I can remember the years where 8 and 8 would be a dream.  3 superbowls.  5 appearances.  3 years in the afc finals in a row.  We are lucky and blessed.  This team has a lot of great pieces and a solid foundation.  The last two drafts have brought on some great young talent.  Denver is a one and done.  They were built to win it this year or start the rebuild.  The ravens did it last year the same way.  The Patriots have a future with this team.

BB and staff did a great job with what they had to work with this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

This has been a tremendously entertaining season.  Right now they're playing with "house money" as every analyst will pick Denver.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I learned long ago to enjoy it while it ast. The BB + TB era is truely special, in fact they are close to being the greatest NFL Footbal team in NFL history.

[/QUOTE]

You nailed it!!!!! I was juet telling my wife yesterday it wii be a sad day for Patriot nation when the combo of Bill and tom are gone!!!!! She could careless about football and know's this. She remebers my pain back in the early 80's when we met. Actuall we got married the year they went to their first SB. HMMMMMMMM

Sections
Shortcuts