Seattle and our scoring.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Seattle and our scoring.

In response to mgraham's comment:

I think we need to talk to Dottie to see if ocular scanning could be used for sign in ID. That would rid us of the 'nom de plums" used by trolls.

I have to say that Babe has been consistant and hasn't morphed. Also I love the Fleer FB card or was it the rogue year Topps did AFL.

The Rusty suspects can just register on my message board and clear their name. Sporter did it and was found not guilty. glenr wanted no part of it - big shock there.

1965 Topps.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

In response to jaxpat's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to Mighty2013's comment:

The Pats have the best offense in the league.  There is no denying it.

Just saying when offensive production is needed they fail to produce. 

The best offense in the league until it's the fourth quarter.  Sure the defense has issues but the offense deserves it's share of the blame for the 4th quarter collapses.

So, leading the league in scoring just isn't enough for you, eh? You want them to lead by a greater margin apparently. Because if they had scored more in the 4th quarter they would not only lead the league but they would be far ahead. Points scored in the 1st quarter count just as much as in the 4th, right?

So if they scored exactly the same amount, but less in the other quarters and more in the 4th, leading to the exact same record, you would be happier?

Get real. How much of that scoring stat came from just a couple of games?

How about the last two Super Bowl loses.  Both occassions we had an opportunity to ice the game offensively and failed to do so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The best offense in the league until it's the fourth quarter.  Sure the defense has issues but the offense deserves it's share of the blame for the 4th quarter collapses.

So, leading the league in scoring just isn't enough for you, eh? You want them to lead by a greater margin apparently. Because if they had scored more in the 4th quarter they would not only lead the league but they would be far ahead. Points scored in the 1st quarter count just as much as in the 4th, right?

So if they scored exactly the same amount, but less in the other quarters and more in the 4th, leading to the exact same record, you would be happier?

How about the last two Super Bowl loses.  Both occassions we had an opportunity to ice the game offensively and failed to do so.

We had at least the same opportunity to do it defensively.  In both those games we were ahead when the defense gave up late scores on last minute drives.  I'm afraid some fans think offense is the only part of the game that matters.  It's kind of like the argument we had last year that only the offense affects who wins the battle for TOP.  Odd too, that some fans want to attack the offense for not being even better than it is and give the defense a free pass because it's bad.  It's sort of like saying to your bad employee that it's okay he slacks off all day because you know he's incompetent anyway and then yelling at your good employee for not finishing the slacker's work in addition to his own!  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

It's sort of like saying to your bad employee that it's okay he slacks off all day because you know he's incompetent anyway and then yelling at your good employee for not finishing the slacker's work in addition to his own!  

That is basically the point. And people miss it over and over. The offense had so few chances in that game to actually score, and were very productive when they were on the field. The defense got bullied all game long, the Giants ran all over them chewing up clock. Then people are angry because the O can't nail it. There were dozens of times in that game where the defense could have stepped up, stopped the Gints from moving the chains, gotten the ball back for the offense. Etc. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

LOL. Brady hit Moss for a TD with 2:42 left in '07!!! Not enough icing for you?

Oops, your agenda is showing.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It's sort of like saying to your bad employee that it's okay he slacks off all day because you know he's incompetent anyway and then yelling at your good employee for not finishing the slacker's work in addition to his own!  

Bingo!

Exactly. +1

This quote really just summarizes the issue here perfectly. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

You could also say it like this:

It's sort of like expecting your bad employee to finally become competent and letting your good employee off the hook for not performing up to standards.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I would say #1 in the NFL in everything is more than up to standard

It's hard to argue your point Mighty but it would be nice if our #1 in the NFL in everything offense could score in the 4th quarter when needed like they finally did with a field goal in the Jets game Sunday.

It would also be nice if the defense could stop someone in the 4th quarter when needed but what's the likelihood of that? That's why I expect hope for more from the offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Well....

Say I had 2 employees working for me, and 1 was the consistent "employee of the month" and was the best at his job in the entire country.  I paid him 75k a year out of a 100k budget.

The other was newer employee with limited experience and I paid him the remaining 25 k of the budgeted salary. When it came down to the final day to hit a hypothetical quota, and neither employee did a thing to achieve the goal, then who should I be more angry with? The guy that can't really be relied on to do much, or the guy I put the majority of my faith and my money into?

Of course then again I left out the part that my entire management staff which helped me build the company had been stolen away to other firms, and I now more or less stand alone, but I'm sure a few of you don't/won't understand the impact that sound management, or "coaching" can have on employees growth and maximization of potential.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Lets say I have a 2x100 relay team with Rex Ryan and Usain Bolt. Not this years Rex Ryan but the fat Rex Ryan of last year.

I know if they both run their best times then they can beat the 3rd grade all star runners from Revere Elementary. As it turns out they both run 2 seconds below there best times and lose.

Usain runs 11.58s and Rex runs 45.2s

What do I do? Well I know Usain can do better but all I can realistically expect is 2 more seconds, I know he working hard and knows what he is doing due to his history...any intervention might actually make things worse so I leave him alone and let him work it out.

Rex on the other hand needs a weight reduction plan and some training and he could improve a lot more than the 2 seconds needed, the attention defintely needs to go to Rex.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Well....

Say I had 2 employees working for me, and 1 was the consistent "employee of the month" and was the best at his job in the entire country.  I paid him 75k a year out of a 100k budget.

The other was newer employee with limited experience and I paid him the remaining 25 k of the budgeted salary. When it came down to the final day to hit a hypothetical quota, and neither employee did a thing to achieve the goal, then who should I be more angry with? The guy that can't really be relied on to do much, or the guy I put the majority of my faith and my money into?

Of course then again I left out the part that my entire management staff which helped me build the company had been stolen away to other firms, and I now more or less stand alone, but I'm sure a few of you don't/won't understand the impact that sound management, or "coaching" can have on employees growth and maximization of potential.

Since we have used 13 of our 17 1st or second round draft picks on defense since 2007, of course our defense makes less. All the picks after the top 10 are relatively very cheap.

Weis and Crennel had periods where they were available to rehire as they were out of work, and we didn't see them here. And there are plenty of experienced NFL guys available but BB just doesn't pull the trigger on them. He promotes his yes men.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Well....

Since we have used 13 of our 17 1st or second round draft picks on defense since 2007, of course our defense makes less. All the picks after the top 10 are relatively very cheap.

Weis and Crennel had periods where they were available to rehire as they were out of work, and we didn't see them here. And there are plenty of experienced NFL guys available but BB just doesn't pull the trigger on them. He promotes his yes men.

And out comes Babe with his BB is a bad GM angle...or is it BB is a bad coach by promoting "yes men" to his coaching staff?

Crennel and Weiss both had multiple head coaching opportunities. They are both currently head coaches.

I see you feel BB is a power monger who only promotes people who won't challenge him. Or he is doing the best he can with what he has to work with. Everything I read about BB says he allows his coaches to coach, and values others opinions.

Although why would I talk to you about this?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I understand. I understand you think scoring more points than anybody else isn't good enough because of when they score them. But spin it any way you like. You're still saying the offense is a problem because they don't score even more despite scoring more than anybody. That's silly.

Like I said, it's tantamount to Bears fans crying that their D doesn't allow even fewer points than their league leading 13 ppg.

Actually both BB and Brady said the O was a problem because they weren't playing 60min football but obviously you know more then they do. You only need to play 45mins just as long as you put up enough points in those 45mins. It's not a team game after all, if the O puts up points early why should they try to help keep a lead after all

I really don't think Babe is putting all the blame on the defense. Everyone knows the offense hasn't been good at times but the defense is so much worse. Its not even comparable. Think about how ridiculous this discussion is. 23 points scored against the 3rd ranked defense in the league vs 24 points allowed to the 31st ranked offense in the league. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

It is astonishing. Never wonder why Pats' fans are hated around the league. It's because the stupidity of some is unsurpassed. Even the other team trolls here laugh at it. It's good at least some of us don't constantly look the fool. It's really time for some people to smarten up. It's beyond ridiculous to try and spin a D allowing every QB to look like a top 5 elite as the same magnitude of a problem that the top scoring offense is. LUDICROUS.

Ever wonder why you are hated here? Could it be because you think you actually know something about football but in reality all you do is pick and choose fantasy football stats.

i dont hate babe...oh and he's spot on ur D SUCKS when it counts

I think I would lose by a lot to Rusty in a most hated poll.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

2 guys walk into a bar, an underaciever and and an overachiever and they start to discuss bonuses

oh I am sorry i thought the joke thread opened up again!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

i dont hate babe...oh and he's spot on ur D SUCKS when it counts

You SUCK and your sister is ugly.

You know it and I know it but you don't need to hear it from me. Understand? We don't want or need to hear it from you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

2 guys walk into a bar, an underaciever and and an overachiever and they start to discuss bonuses

What part about nobody else being able to score as many points on Seattle's defense did you think was funny? Or was it the part about how Seattle scored more points on our D than 4 of the other 5 teams they played?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

What part about nobody else being able to score as many points on Seattle's defense did you think was funny? Or was it the part about how Seattle scored more points on our D than 4 of the other 5 teams they played?

the point was how the thread got off task, with the "who to blame part " workers in companys, resources available , etc. I think you were spot on with Pats showing vs seattle.

Sections
Shortcuts