Seattle For Real?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Re: Seattle For Real?

I had to do a double take when I saw the Seahawks 49ers score.

That score imo is more about the Seahawks having a great game plan more than they are that much more talented.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

I'm 2-0, but I really didn't expect to do well in weeks 1 and 2.  I'm best in weeks 3-16 when I have fresh numbers reflecting the actual teams on the field. 

Interesting -- Vegas is getting "only" 19 1/2 points on the Seattle game. 

do u use your own formulas or someone else's?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

After beating the 49ers....are the Seahawks for real?  They ought to be favorites to reach the SB at this point.

I thought that this question was answered in the positive last year.

probably. Something to talk about since prolly the number 1 and #2 teams from NFC went head to head. lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Care to explain why you think that?

49ers manhandled Patriots last year.  Don't see many reasons why Seattle can't do the same.  Certainly, if it's in really cold weather or in a storm/blizzard/inclement weather - that certainly can change the dynamics of the game for any visiting team.

Umm, what? We turned it over 4 times in our own zone in the first half and then we destroyed them in the second half.

Do you even watch these games, troll?  

I do not understand why when the Patriots turn the ball over it is a "mistake" by the offense, but when the other team turns the ball over the Patriots defense "forced" a turnover.

It actually depends on the turnover.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Comic

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18apikzbgh0d5gif/original.gif

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

They are an awesome team.....at home. Last year, their record was 8-0 at home, 3-5 away. Of the 3 games they won away, one was an overtime victory against the Bears and another was a narrow victory over the Panthers. Their only convincing away victory was over the Bills.

I don't really understand it. This year they are 1-0 both home and away (12-7 over the Panthers) so maybe last year was an aberration. It's really inexplicable to have this Jekyll and Hyde personality at home and away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

They have great player in the defense, Richard Sherman is a beast man!

The guy's from Stanford... he's probably smarter than his mouth seems to indicate

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I was shocked when they said Pete was the 2nd oldest coach at 62.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Comic

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18apikzbgh0d5gif/original.gif

WOWWWWWWWWW

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

WOWWWWWWWWW

Lol! The kid has an attitude. It works during the games but not so well after it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2XdyGrfd2dc/UOokoxy0uBI/AAAAAAAAIhE/JBeQ4mk70-M/s1600/shove2.gif

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

WOWWWWWWWWW

Lol! The kid has an attitude. It works during the games but not so well after it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2XdyGrfd2dc/UOokoxy0uBI/AAAAAAAAIhE/JBeQ4mk70-M/s1600/shove2.gif

Yeah man poor kid, a Cb vs a Lineman is not a fair fight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

They are the best team, and its not even close in my opinion. A significant injury is the only thing that I think can derail them.

Theyre a young team that struggled on the road last season. Look at how many years of experience a lot of their key players have though...a lot of 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players. I think the playoff win in Washington and that near comeback in ATL will give them valuable experience and confidence when it comes to road games going forward...Apparently they also put more emphasis on preparing for 1pm east coast games during the preseason.

Theyre missing some key guys too. Brandon Browner is a pro bowl caliber cb. At 6'4'', he's got the height and skill set to go one on one with most teams number 2 WR (6'3'' Sherman can shadow a number 1 if needed). IMO, Sherman is the best cb right now (havent seen enough of post surgery Revis yet to evaluate)...however, some argue he's not even the best db on his team (Earl Thomas). Chancellor is also a very good SS and Thurmond looked good in the slot. Their secondary is stacked.

They're also missing key pass rushers in Irvin and Clemons. Giants pass rushed their way to the playoffs with an impressive line rotation between JPP/ Strahan, Umenyiora and Tuck. Bennett, Clemons, Irvin and Avril isn't as good, but it's not a bad rotation either...they also have a much better secondary than what the Giants had. If Red Bryant can play at his top level, they have a killer DLine as well.

I'm a huge Bobby Wagner fan as well. Theyre linebackers can cover, which is huge.

Offense can beat you running with Lynch, running with Wilson, or passing with Wilson. They dont even have Harvin yet.

I think this team would destroy Denver if they were to meet in the Super Bowl. Long way to go, and a lot can change, but SEA is looking scary good so far. This team doesn't have any glaring weaknesses.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Carroll is a good football man. No surprise whatsoever to me. People laughed at me when I said he was good before he took over the SHs. He handed over a team that didn't have a losing season for 3 years with Bledsoe to BB, and BB went 5-11 with it. That says a lot, despite the spin artists claims.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts