SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN!

You guys are 2 slow. Get the lead out, would ya. I'm breaking this one.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/oct/13/fbn-patriots-seau-101309/?sports&zIndex=181947

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Re: SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN!

Welcome back JUNIOR!! He can still be a run stuffing cannon! I expect him to contribute more than others may believe...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Hey, Bolt, how about tham Broncos? Looks like you have some competition in your division this year! Those sorry bastids up in Denver probably can't even remember what Cutler looks like any more! Just don't let Hoculi officiate the SD/Denver games! It will be tough enough for your boys already!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN!:
    [QUOTE]Hey, Bolt, how about tham Broncos? Looks like you have some competition in your division this year! Those sorry bastids up in Denver probably can't even remember what Cutler looks like any more! Just don't let Hoculi officiate the SD/Denver games! It will be tough enough for your boys already!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

bub,

I have to say that it looks like the AFC West now has a winner. An 8-8 team is not competition.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Welcome back JUNIOR!! He can still be a run stuffing cannon! I expect him to contribute more than others may believe...
    Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]

The comment above does not say good things about the pats defense as currently constructed. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, Bolt, how about tham Broncos? Looks like you have some competition in your division this year! Those sorry bastids up in Denver probably can't even remember what Cutler looks like any more! Just don't let Hoculi officiate the SD/Denver games! It will be tough enough for your boys already!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]
    Bub,
    That was not the P triot game, oops, left off the A. That's because they left the "A" game somewhere else. Denver has not played a playoff team yet. SD has played 3, one the SB champ. Denver's offensive game plan looked very generic to me.

Here's 'Horses Wild' in the red zone on Monday- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_RKPGS2vwM

I thought BB should've at least attempted going downfield after the 10-0 lead. Way to conservative. The donks D is much improved,yes. I dont think they are the real deal yet though. Talk to me after Denver / @SD bye @BAL & PIT. We've got DEN, @KC, OAK, @NYG. mid November could be 5-3 for DEN & 5-3 for SD too. Dawkins is a football player.      

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN! : Bub, That was not the P triot game, oops, left off the A. That's because they left the "A" game somewhere else. Denver has not played a playoff team yet. SD has played 3, one the SB champ. Denver's offensive game plan looked very generic to me. I thought BB should've at least attempted going downfield after the 10-0 lead. Way to conservative. The donks D is much improved,yes. I dont think they are the real deal yet though. Talk to me after Denver / @SD bye @BAL & PIT. We've got DEN, @KC, OAK, @NYG. mid November could be 5-3 for DEN & 5-3 for SD too. Dawkins is a football player.      
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

You really think the 8-8 Chargers are for real? I don't think you can make assessments anymore.

What do you think about their owner calling them soft? Wasn't he spot on? Maybe Merriman's mohawk is really scary to some.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN! : You really think the 8-8 Chargers are for real? I don't think you can make assessments anymore. What do you think about their owner calling them soft? Wasn't he spot on? Maybe Merriman's mohawk is really scary to some.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]
    Plain & simple, its to early to crown NYJ or Denver DIV. Champs in my book. and it wasnt the owner, it was the GM.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN! : Denver has not played a playoff team yet. SD has played 3, one the SB champ. Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]
    Careful Bolt - many here do not accept last year's post season participants as an indicator of anything.  Maybe since the pats were not in the playoffs last year, no one here thinks the post season was actually played.   

I've been told multiple times that the colts wins on the road vs Miami and Phoenix did not matter.

Call it selective reasoning.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN! : Careful Bolt - many here do not accept last year's post season participants as an indicator of anything.  Maybe since the pats were not in the playoffs last year, no one here thinks the post season was actually played.    I've been told multiple times that the colts wins on the road vs Miami and Phoenix did not matter. Call it selective reasoning.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

I like how you try and diminish what BB and the Pats did last year without Tom Brady. We were 11-5 and the 2nd team ever to not make the playoffs with that record. Ask yourself what Dungy could have done last year without Manning and then make snide remarks about the 2008 playoffs. Maybe people don't listen to you because you are the one with tunnel vision and selective reasoning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I'm not sure how picking up a veteran on D has anything to do with the b/colts postseason but I'm glad to have him back. His experience can do nothing but help this D come together faster and become a better unit. Hopefully his winning attitude will wash off on the offense as well.

jbolt, way to jump on this breaking story

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

TC - my comments had nothing to do with diminishing the pats accomplishments.  Only that pats fans here want to diminish ALL of the colts wins this year by suggesting that the neither the phins nor the cards are any good. 

Further, I actually made a comment in another thread about the fact that Brady's accomplishments are diminished by how well the pats did last year with Cassell.  I think the pats did an excellent job. 

If Manning would not have played last year, I believe with all of the injuries that the colts would have been a 5-6 game winner.  But then again, I think Manning is much more important to the overall success of the colts than Brady is to the success of the pats. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jbolted-  What irritates me the most (I live in Colorado) is the Bronco fans that were calling for McDaniels head a month ago, blaming him for the Cutler trade and the Marshall suspension......... all of a sudden love him!

I do not think Orton is dependable....He had a great game against the Patriots last week, but I do not think that it will last!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN! : I like how you try and diminish what BB and the Pats did last year without Tom Brady. We were 11-5 and the 2nd team ever to not make the playoffs with that record. Ask yourself what Dungy could have done last year without Manning and then make snide remarks about the 2008 playoffs. Maybe people don't listen to you because you are the one with tunnel vision and selective reasoning.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

So true.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Hiya Jbolt, I bet Seau gets three tackles in his first game. That's one more than Merriman had his last game and we all know he makes and is trying to make more money than Seau. Good thing you still have Larry English.

And yeah it is too early to say who'll win what, but the Broncos are a little bit closer to that AFC WEST crown than the Chargers and I can all but guarantee that Norv will be outcoached by Mc Daniels the next time they play. It could only take 10 wins to win the west and the Broncos are half way there....pretty basic math there JBolt.

I would never b--h or gripe about a Pats player that left the team, but played well when he played for us (see: Asante, Milloy, and Seymour). Seau gets to the hall and deserves at least a modicum of respect from Charger fans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]TC - my comments had nothing to do with diminishing the pats accomplishments.  Only that pats fans here want to diminish ALL of the colts wins this year by suggesting that the neither the phins nor the cards are any good.  Further, I actually made a comment in another thread about the fact that Brady's accomplishments are diminished by how well the pats did last year with Cassell.  I think the pats did an excellent job.  If Manning would not have played last year, I believe with all of the injuries that the colts would have been a 5-6 game winner.  But then again, I think Manning is much more important to the overall success of the colts than Brady is to the success of the pats. 

First of all, the highlighted section doesn't make sense.  Unless the Colts wins over the 'Fins and Cards were "all" of their wins, your comment does not compute.

Second, while I am sure some have questioned the strength of the Colts' opponents so far, many others here have also paid compliments to the Colts. Have you already forgotten your thread about "best QBs"?  Or comments about elite teams. Or comments about the Colts transitioning amazingly with a new HC?  I do.

Additionally, you were one of those knocking the strength of the opponents the '08 Pats beat last year. "Live by the sword..."

Right now, the AFC North looks surprisingly weak, even though it was perhaps the strongest last year.  So don't worry, your Colts will waltz into the play-offs. Know this: The Pats have already faced the top two defenses and the top two offenses in their first five games.  They had not played a team with a loss yet. That is a tough schedule. I am hoping it makes them a tougher team and the Colts a comparitively weaker team. (However, buy now I am not expecting much from this team, as they are too inconsistent, a lot like the 2002 team.)

One last thing: Reflecting on the "best QBs" thread, I consider Manning to now be the best regular season QB of his era. Conversely, I consider him among the worst post-season QBs of his era. It is pretty agreeable outside of Indy and N.E. that the Colts have won a number of their post-season games with help from the stripes, which makes Mannings pathetic post-season record look that much worse. So, yeah, crucial to winning in the season, but he is a detriment in the post-season.  I consider his brother superior in this aspect.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I certainly didn't discount the notion that the Colts performed admirably while Peyton was recovering from surgery.  I thought they became a BETTER team because of it - they learned that they didn't need Manning at his best to win, and now they do have Manning at his best, so they're winning by a lot.

I didn't have a gripe with San Diego making the playoffs last year because they destroyed and embarrassed us last year at the beginning of Matt Cassel's stint.  I did, however, have a HUGE beef with the idea that the Cardinals, they of the 30 point loss in Foxborough, got a ticket to the playoffs while the Patriots were left out.  The NFC West might have been the worse division in NFL history - they only won 20 games last year combined and 12 of those were division games!

And my BIGGEST beef was with the fact that the Chargers went 8-8, made the playoffs, AND GOT TO DRAFT FIVE SPOTS IN FRONT OF THE PATS.  They got their cake and got to eat it, too.

As for Seau, the more LB's, the merrier.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, dogg... why so selective about what you remember about Pats fans posts about the Colts?

I have seen many kudos here for your team, many thinking it has looked the best, regardless of the competition, myself included.  A lot of folks thought the Titans would have lit up for your Colts, but, they appear to be worse than many have thought.  We can talk about last year all we want, but, we aren;t playing last year's teams, are we?  Any way I digress...  

Seau coming back means the Pats want some leadership and fire on the sideline.  At least the "fire" part, something I think is lacking this year.  Did you see the sideline during the OT? There appeared to be no fire, just going through the motions.  No one on the offense was shown to be up on the sideline exhorting the D to strp it up and stop the Broncos.  Seau may give them that lift!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I quit reading this thread halfway thru.. As a patriots fan, I get tired of the bashing that goes on against other teams around here (when not provoked by some terd like Leon or another troll).

He was only trying to report that Seau had signed, I didn't think he was being malicious or anything.. maybe i'm wrong.  But why start talking about his "8-8 chargers", seriously?

I don't care for the Colts, Chargers, or Broncos but I don't start trashing them to their fans at every chance I get.

Personally, I hope SD puts an absolute beatdown on Denver and sends them falling back down to reality.  I still think SD is the best team in that division, hands down. 

Look who the Broncos have played - Cleveland, Cincy, Oakland, Dallas.. they should've been 4-1 thru that against absolutely abominable teams (with the exception of Cincy, who should've won but didn't due to a freak play).  Dallas is garbage and anyone thinking otherwise is foolish. 

The only quality team the Broncos beat was the Pats and it's not like they dominated us the whole game.  We had that game for the taking and couldn't put it away - missed FG, off-target wide-open passes, stupid penalty by Mankins putting us out of FG range, etc.  We should've beat them, but i'm not too worried about it because the Jets lost and I know we'll finish with a better record than those fakes. 

I think SD will sweep Denver, to be honest.  Rivers is going to have a field day against that team.  Denver will lose to SD, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Indy, Philly, and the G-men.. and I think they'll actually drop one at KC (call me crazy, but I can see it happening). 

Do I disagree with underdogg's comments about diminishing brady's accomplishments? Yeah, but that's his own opinion.  Bill did his best coaching job EVER last year with a backup-quality qb in Cassel and a bunch of rb's.  I don't think Dungy or Caldwell would be able to do as good of a job with Sorgi or any career backup in Indy even with all of that talent; maybe 8 wins, but who knows.  That's all up to opinion and speculation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

jasonh86....

I don't think underdogg wants to even entertain the thoughts of the Colts without Manning for a year, they would be truly toast.  Jbolt, maybe the same with Rivers.  How about Steelers without Big Ben for a season?  EVERYONE thought the Pats were toast when they lost Brady for the season last year and going 11-5 was considered one of the best coaching jobs ever.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I quit reading this thread halfway thru.. As a patriots fan, I get tired of the bashing that goes on against other teams around here (when not provoked by some terd like Leon or another troll). He was only trying to report that Seau had signed, I didn't think he was being malicious or anything.. maybe i'm wrong.  But why start talking about his "8-8 chargers", seriously? I don't care for the Colts, Chargers, or Broncos but I don't start trashing them to their fans at every chance I get. Personally, I hope SD puts an absolute beatdown on Denver and sends them falling back down to reality.  I still think SD is the best team in that division, hands down.  Look who the Broncos have played - Cleveland, Cincy, Oakland, Dallas.. they should've been 4-1 thru that against absolutely abominable teams (with the exception of Cincy, who should've won but didn't due to a freak play).  Dallas is garbage and anyone thinking otherwise is foolish.  The only quality team the Broncos beat was the Pats and it's not like they dominated us the whole game.  We had that game for the taking and couldn't put it away - missed FG, off-target wide-open passes, stupid penalty by Mankins putting us out of FG range, etc.  We should've beat them, but i'm not too worried about it because the Jets lost and I know we'll finish with a better record than those fakes.  I think SD will sweep Denver, to be honest.  Rivers is going to have a field day against that team.  Denver will lose to SD, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Indy, Philly, and the G-men.. and I think they'll actually drop one at KC (call me crazy, but I can see it happening).  Do I disagree with underdogg's comments about diminishing brady's accomplishments? Yeah, but that's his own opinion.  Bill did his best coaching job EVER last year with a backup-quality qb in Cassel and a bunch of rb's.  I don't think Dungy or Caldwell would be able to do as good of a job with Sorgi or any career backup in Indy even with all of that talent; maybe 8 wins, but who knows.  That's all up to opinion and speculation.
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

Well written.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]TC - my comments had nothing to do with diminishing the pats accomplishments.  Only that pats fans here want to diminish ALL of the colts wins this year by suggesting that the neither the phins nor the cards are any good.  Further, I actually made a comment in another thread about the fact that Brady's accomplishments are diminished by how well the pats did last year with Cassell.  I think the pats did an excellent job.  If Manning would not have played last year, I believe with all of the injuries that the colts would have been a 5-6 game winner.  But then again, I think Manning is much more important to the overall success of the colts than Brady is to the success of the pats. 

Even better. Now "Bradys accomplishments are diminished" because Bill Belichick is a good enough coach to put in a QB who had not started a game since high school and produce a playoff caliber team. Once again you prove your deep hatred and jealousy of Patriot nation by making asinine statements about Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and worst of all... Patriot fans themselves.

Lets make no mistake Underdogg you Colts troll you. Tom Brady with the same team that went 11-5, a year earlier broke almost every record for a QB and a team in NFL history...........I'll let that sink in for a bit.

He was 2 minutes of unlucky defensive play from being 19-0 the most sacred team record in NFL history. Don't pretend for a second that his "accomplishments are diminished" because the Patriots are a good team and Belichick is a great coach.

I'd like to point out to you that I would never stoop so low as to insult Colts fans and there inadequacies but I will say that you have to be an ignorant Patriot hating fan of the NFL to suggest that "Tom Bradys accomplishments are diminished"

Peyton Manning right now is playing the best football at the QB position in the league. I am a true fan of the game and I recognize accomplishments( if being the best QB through 5 weeks is indeed an accomplishment). I try not to let my passion for the Patriots organization sway my opinions of the game or any of the games players. Tom Brady is the best QB of this decade. He has the highest winning % for a QB in NFL history. And don't give me the-  its because his team is good and he is just a game manager B.S-  Trent Dilfer is a game manager Tom Brady is a winner. Big difference

Underdogg you clearly have an agenda when it comes to critiquing players on other teams especially when it comes to the Patriots. I don't mind rapping with you from time to time, but I want to be very clear in the fact that you and I both are well aware that you are a Patriot hater and will be dealt with as a Patriot hater whenever you make ignorant statements like"Bill Belichick is throwing the season away" or "Tom Bradys accomplishments are diminished." Manning is your QB, the Colts are are your team. Tom Brady is our QB the Patriots are our team. Respect us or go back to the beer can of a town you come from. Oops I guess I do stoop low.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]jasonh86.... I don't think underdogg wants to even entertain the thoughts of the Colts without Manning for a year, they would be truly toast.  Jbolt, maybe the same with Rivers.  How about Steelers without Big Ben for a season?  EVERYONE thought the Pats were toast when they lost Brady for the season last year and going 11-5 was considered one of the best coaching jobs ever.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I agree.  When Brady went down I was not quite sure what to expect; I looked at the schedule and then watched the game against the Jets and knew there was hope.  I had a feeling we'd win 10 games because of the leadership and the coaching on that team; we had some really great guys on there that came through big for us. 

I would really like to see those teams without their big-name QB.  Just to see how it would be, ya know.  The Colts, Steelers, and Chargers have enough talent to do well but i'm not sure how well.  I think the Chargers and Steelers would do better than the Colts, not trying to take a jab at the Colts fans or anything.. It's just the running game of those teams would be a lot more consistent and helpful to keep the pressure off of the inexperienced QB, which is an absolute must to win.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN! : Well written.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated.  I just get tired of all of the nonsense and ignorant arguments that won't hold up against anything. 

I just wish people would quit making knee-jerk reactions after every win or loss, it gets irritating.  The only time would be a terrible playoff loss, superbowl loss, or losing a game that puts you in/out of the playoffs.

It's a LONG, LONG season.  We've still got 11 games left and are through what I think was the hardest part of the schedule - Baltimore, Atlanta, @ NYJ, @ Denver all with Brady still coming back from knee injury. 

The next 2 games should be easily winnable, then following the bye I think we'll come back with some strong momentum and a good deal of improvement on offense and defense.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts