SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Re: SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN!

In Response to Re: SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN!:
    [QUOTE]Jbolted-  What irritates me the most (I live in Colorado) is the Bronco fans that were calling for McDaniels head a month ago, blaming him for the Cutler trade and the Marshall suspension......... all of a sudden love him! I do not think Orton is dependable....He had a great game against the Patriots last week, but I do not think that it will last!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Rocky,
    Good to hear from you. Haven't conversed in awhile. First donkey fan you come across tell um I said,'the road to the division title runs through SD, not Denver.'    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]Hiya Jbolt, I bet Seau gets three tackles in his first game. That's one more than Merriman had his last game and we all know he makes and is trying to make more money than Seau. Good thing you still have Larry English. And yeah it is too early to say who'll win what, but the Broncos are a little bit closer to that AFC WEST crown than the Chargers and I can all but guarantee that Norv will be outcoached by Mc Daniels the next time they play. It could only take 10 wins to win the west and the Broncos are half way there....pretty basic math there JBolt. I would never b--h or gripe about a Pats player that left the team, but played well when he played for us (see: Asante, Milloy, and Seymour). Seau gets to the hall and deserves at least a modicum of respect from Charger fans.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]
    JHR
    Seau is a class act. Bum rushes the QB over center better than anybody. I called him out at a Padre game behind homeplate. He acknowledged me, lit up with a big smile, said hello, waved, and I thanked him for his years here. Very gracious person. I hope he does well in NE in his 20th year. HOF  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN! : If you look throughout history, most great QB's had a great coach and vice versa. They kind of go hand in hand, after all. It doesn't diminish either one's greatness or accomplishments. A short list: UNITAS/SHULA MARINO/SHULA MONTANA/WALSH BRADSHAW/NOLL STAUBACH/LANDRY STARR/LOMBARDI And I am sure I am leaving some out. There are exceptions but basically it would be hard to name too many of one without the other.
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Hard for a great QB to get the opportunity without a great coach.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN! : As a Jints fan I wish I could agree but that's unfair. To be honest, the only one Peyton lost to was Bellichick, and there's no Pats fan who can say that's an embarrassment. Peyton was the Red Sox to the Pats Yankees: he would have won 3 or more SB's if not for Bellichick's defense. And he did finally vanquish the Pats with an incredible second half in the 06 AFC Cahmpionship Game. And anyone who says the Colts won games in the post season with help from the refs? Two Words: TUCK RULE!

If I were a Raiders fan I would have been furious about the TUCK RULE call.  But it was the rule and the correct call. 

Since I am a Pats fan I have to say that we were only partially repaid for the call Ben Dreith made in favor of the Raiders which was a total fabrication.  Never mind all the cheap stuff players like Jack Tatum pulled over the years which was coached by a franchise that sought after and encouraged thugs. 

It was sort of Karma that the tuck call should contribute to eliminating the Raiders and be the correct call according to the rules. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN! : As a Jints fan I wish I could agree but that's unfair. To be honest, the only one Peyton lost to was Bellichick, and there's no Pats fan who can say that's an embarrassment. Peyton was the Red Sox to the Pats Yankees: he would have won 3 or more SB's if not for Bellichick's defense. And he did finally vanquish the Pats with an incredible second half in the 06 AFC Cahmpionship Game. And anyone who says the Colts won games in the post season with help from the refs? Two Words: TUCK RULE!

Sorry Jints, but you are connnecting invisible dots.

Since 2000, when BB joined the Pats, the Colts play-off losses are such:

2000 wild card loss to ???, but not the Pats.

2002 41-0 loss to Jets in wild card.

2003 24-14 loss to Pats in conference

2004 20-3 loss to Pats in divisional

2005 21-18 loss to Steelers in didvisional

2006 beat Pats in conference and won SB.

2007 28-14 loss to Chargers in divisional.

2009 23-17 loss to Chargers in wild card.

So that's two losses to the Pats. They lost in their first post-season appearances in 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007 and 2008.  That's awful.  And it is usually a case of a horrible game by Manning, but you can retrieve those stats. This was tedious enough.

As for the 2006 win over the Pats, that was one of the worst-called play-off games of the last 25 years, right up there with last year's SB, the 2005 SB, the 2006 NFC conference, and a small clutch of others.  I live in Chicagoland and the news reporters and talk show guys were talking about this "stolen game" for three days, until discussion shifted toward the next play-off round dawning. Some radio guys called for an investigation.  Most of the worst calls and no-calls happened in the last 20 minutes during with the Colts made "their" comeback.  If you can find it in its entirety, re-watch that broadcast and then comment on it the same way.

So in summary, you are way the heck off base, far from Fact Land.

The Colts have one trophy, which was gifted by way of hafting the Pats in the conference game. They should have none because they have been awful in the play-offs.  They had gifts from the refs in most of their post-season games, win or lose, by definitiion an opinion, but one so substantiated as to be near-fact..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEAU IS A PATRIOT - AGAIN! : Sorry Jints, but you are connnecting invisible dots. Since 2000, when BB joined the Pats, the Colts play-off losses are such: 2000 wild card loss to ???, but not the Pats. 2002 41-0 loss to Jets in wild card. 2003 24-14 loss to Pats in conference 2004 20-3 loss to Pats in divisional 2005 21-18 loss to Steelers in didvisional 2006 beat Pats in conference and won SB. 2007 28-14 loss to Chargers in divisional. 2009 23-17 loss to Chargers in wild card. So that's two losses to the Pats. They lost in their first post-season appearances in 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007 and 2008.  That's awful.  And it is usually a case of a horrible game by Manning, but you can retrieve those stats. This was tedious enough. As for the 2006 win over the Pats, that was one of the worst-called play-off games of the last 25 years, right up there with last year's SB, the 2005 SB, the 2006 NFC conference, and a small clutch of others.  I live in Chicagoland and the news reporters and talk show guys were talking about this "stolen game" for three days, until discussion shifted toward the next play-off round dawning. Some radio guys called for an investigation.  Most of the worst calls and no-calls happened in the last 20 minutes during with the Colts made "their" comeback.  If you can find it in its entirety, re-watch that broadcast and then comment on it the same way. So in summary, you are way the heck off base, far from Fact Land. The Colts have one trophy, which was gifted by way of hafting the Pats in the conference game. They should have none because they have been awful in the play-offs.  They had gifts from the refs in most of their post-season games, win or lose, by definitiion an opinion, but one so substantiated as to be near-fact..
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Great Job of laying that out Chris,

The Colts (Manning) have been terrible in the post season and every football fan across the country knows it.

The icing on the cake in the 06 AFC Championship game came on a 4rth down desperation play when manning threw a 45 yard prayer into the endzone. Ellis Hobbs was called for "Face Guarding" Phil Simms called the play a great call even though Hobbs was 3-4 ft away from the wr. He said he knows it looks like a bad call considering there was zero contact on the play but face guarding is a rule. Then after commercial break Simms being the great commentator that he is said he apologizes but face guarding was taken out of the league a few years earlier and the refs totally got the play wrong. The result was 1 and goal on the 1 yard line and we all know the rest.

That bs call by refs along with another very questionable pass interference call on 3rd and 20 is the only reason Manning has a superbowl.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Jintsfan the thing with the tuck rule is this, that is one call in one game. Now i am not saying the refs give the colts wins cause i dont agree with that but the people who are saying that say that because of a long history of flags or what not going the colts way or whatever these people might think. The Pats had that ONE call to push them forward in the playoffs so there is no pattern for the Pats no long history of calls just the one tuck rule. The colts have a pattern of getting the call or so these people think. So there is a difference in teh two teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

[QUOTE]Jbolted-  What irritates me the most (I live in Colorado) is the Bronco fans that were calling for McDaniels head a month ago, blaming him for the Cutler trade and the Marshall suspension......... all of a sudden love him!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Any fanbase of any team in those circumstances would react the exact same way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Help... help, help! 

Isn't that how Underdogg starts? He's smashing out of the phone booth right now!