Sebastian Vollmer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Sebastian Vollmer

USA Today reported that the contract is for $17 million, including a $7 million signing bonus and another $1.25 million in guaranteed money. The deal has a maximum value of $27 million, which can be gained through bonuses and incentives. - See more at: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/

Great signing! Two really good moves in Talib and Vollmer...good players, great value. The thing that cracks me up is that the Globe can't even manage to break the contract specifics on one of our own players. What do these guys do? Are they even working this time of year? When was the last time the globe broke a story on this team, or was the first to report anything? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Will BB himself take a team friendly contract and agree in his next contract to significantly less money than the average market rate for a head coach and GM in the NFL?  Will Robert Kraft cut ticket prices, rents for the spaces in the stadium and charges for parking, beer, soda and hot dogs ? Or do the low balling tactics only to be used on players?

Fair deals in a bloated FA market, isn't 'lowballing'. The market is what it is.  Some teams also are still dumb and overpay due to desperation and poor teambuilding aspects (drafting, scouting, UDFAs, developing back roster guys, etc).

The FA market is not bloated this year. It is actually depressed by measures put in through the CBA signed in 2011.

Unless you want to be uncritical of anything BB has done: Adalius Thomas, Ochocinco, Fanene, Haynesworth, Fred Taylor, Shiancoe were not exactly textback examples of great FA signings or trades in price nor returns. And the string of disappointing draft picks for WR, S and CBs leaves little to brag about.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

Sure is a lot of money for a right tackle.  Is Brady turning southpaw?  Volmer will not make it through this contract.  He will be hurt and out more than he is in.

Just like Pouha was going to be a better value than Wilfork? Or McCourty was going to be cut before the end of his rookie contract? Or Tebow was going to be a useful role player? LMAO @ U.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The team doctors looked at Vollmer's scoped knee.  Things looked ok.  They thought about his back.  It's still not bad.  The other 31 teams didn't get a look at Vollmer's back and knee.  All they saw was his average performance when he was unhealthy. 

When Vollmer is healthy he's one of the best two or three tackles in the game, left or right.  My guess is that he's as healthy as anyone can be after four years in the trenches.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Thank goodness for the contributions on this page. For a while I thought I was reading a Seabass thread but an Arrington thread was breaking out. And not a pretty one at that. Gentlemen, you all ought to be embarrassed. Juvenile is the word that comes to mind.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Will BB himself take a team friendly contract and agree in his next contract to significantly less money than the average market rate for a head coach and GM in the NFL?  Will Robert Kraft cut ticket prices, rents for the spaces in the stadium and charges for parking, beer, soda and hot dogs ? Or do the low balling tactics only to be used on players?

Fair deals in a bloated FA market, isn't 'lowballing'. The market is what it is.  Some teams also are still dumb and overpay due to desperation and poor teambuilding aspects (drafting, scouting, UDFAs, developing back roster guys, etc).

The FA market is not bloated this year. It is actually depressed by measures put in through the CBA signed in 2011.

Unless you want to be uncritical of anything BB has done: Adalius Thomas, Ochocinco, Fanene, Haynesworth, Fred Taylor, Shiancoe were not exactly textback examples of great FA signings or trades in price nor returns. And the string of disappointing draft picks for WR, S and CBs leaves little to brag about.

to rusty EVERY FA market is bloated and EVERY team overpays (except of course...)

if this were the 1800's queenie would have indentured servants and be pro-slavery most likely

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to teegee's comment:

Thank goodness for the contributions on this page. For a while I thought I was reading a Seabass thread but an Arrington thread was breaking out. And not a pretty one at that. Gentlemen, you all ought to be embarrassed. Juvenile is the word that comes to mind.

well u gotta blame the one consistent head juvenile

his name rhymes with "Dusty"  :  )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Does this translate into a 3mil cap hit this year not including bonus/incentives reached or am i reading the details wrong?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

sorry to be rude but i fear my question will get lost in the sniper war fare if i dont drop it again...does SB contract translate into 3mill grtnd for this year not inlcuding bonus/incentives?

or am i reading it wrong? do we know yeat? thanks guys.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

sorry to be rude but i fear my question will get lost in the sniper war fare if i dont drop it again...does SB contract translate into 3mill grtnd for this year not inlcuding bonus/incentives?

or am i reading it wrong? do we know yeat? thanks guys.

Not sure. I don't think the cap hit is known yet. That is my main concern, too.

Thanks! getting anxious!!!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts