Sebastian Vollmer

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Sebastian Vollmer

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

That has nothing to do with spelling, TFB12.  You're talking rag time trying to get a leg up after Welker took off and lost his negotiation.

You refused to see it due to man lust and no appear to becoming unglued over it.

Deal with it.

You sat here for days spewing out facts that were not true!!  I provided facts to show how wrong you have been.  So it's not trying to get a leg up on anything, just showing what a fraud you are.  You will try to do anything to protect BB, even lie.  You are a fraud!  F-r-a-u-d!! Get it!?!?!?!? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Here is what I show as Arrington's contract.. Is this correct?

7.5 guaranteed is even better than the 8.25 originally reported. Note how low the dead money is if cut after the 2015 season. Not a coincidence. This is essentially a 3 year deal guaranteed at around 2.75 per on average.  Arrington might be carrying around 2 rings by 2016 and seen as a bargain in the nickel even then. It's not like's old.

Backloaded, team friendly deal with a low cap hit, the biggest hits coming when the cap jumps in 2015.

It's the kind of deal your buddy Welker should have been focusing on instead of thinking he needed to be paid off of past laurels.

The worst year in terms of value under the cap is 2014, but it's still not egregiously bad either.

Thank you, BB.

I'm not saying this is true, I'm asking if this is correct?  I have now seen $7.5, $8, and $8.5 all as guaranteed money?  Can anyone confirm what the real numbers are?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So let me get this straight... According to the contract graphic I posted, If they cut him after 2015 cap hit would have been $10.875 million.  Wouldn't that be an average of $3.625 million per year as a cap hit? Oh, plus the dead money of $1.625 for 2016 = $12.5 cap hit for 3 years, an average of $4.167 average for 3 years?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Here is what I show as Arrington's contract.. Is this correct?

7.5 guaranteed is even better than the 8.25 originally reported. Note how low the dead money is if cut after the 2015 season. Not a coincidence. This is essentially a 3 year deal guaranteed at around 2.75 per on average.  Arrington might be carrying around 2 rings by 2016 and seen as a bargain in the nickel even then. It's not like's old.

Backloaded, team friendly deal with a low cap hit, the biggest hits coming when the cap jumps in 2015.

It's the kind of deal your buddy Welker should have been focusing on instead of thinking he needed to be paid off of past laurels.

The worst year in terms of value under the cap is 2014, but it's still not egregiously bad either.

Thank you, BB.

Can you add? If Arington is cut after the 2015 season, he will have rcvd $6 million in salaries and $4.875 in bonus.  That means the Pats would have paid him $10.875 after 2015 season, AND still owe him his remaining pro rated bonus of $1.625m, meaning they would have paid him a total of $12.5m for 3 years of play. (Hence the "dead money" of $1.625 after the 2015 year). 

The Pats will not cut him after 2014 and absorb $3.2m in dead money. this is not a good contract for the Pats. They DID over pay Arrington. 

You have zero understanding of how these contracts work. It is ok that you have zero understanding, but at least stop arguing that you do so you don't keep making a fool of yourself

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

My numbers are AFTER the 2015 season, so I can read. If Arrington is cut after the 2014 season, the Pats are really screwed and really over paid. 

If Arrington plays thru the 2015 season the Pats will have paid him $12.5m over the years 2013, 2014, 2015.(exactly what I posted above)

If the Pats cut him after the 2015 season they do not have to pay his 2016 salary of $3.5m, but do still owe him his pro rated bonus, $1.625 exactly what I posted above

Again, you have no clue. Stop embarrassing yourself, and stop painting your self as some high IQ business man. You are clueless on this matter.

go ahead and start your back pedal...and make a Jets comment to deflect your lack of knowledge

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rusty. You said I was so dumb it is comical. I see you disappeared on the thread. I assume that means you are either admitting you are wrong or you can't add. Both? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

sweet! Now get Asomogua or Grimes, and Abraham or Dumervil!

dotn know that wed have room but abraham and grimes woudl do it for me

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Nice to have him back. A lot of people want more FA's here.

It will be interesting to see the numbers, not sure how much more the Pats can spend.

I would be surprised if,after this deal, they have much more than 3-4million left.  They only had 6-7 Available prior to SV for fa's.  

r u countign the extra 5 mil allowed. 

i ting csnne was sayign 11 mil available yesterday

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Excellent news.  Wondering if Cannon continues to be used primarily as a tackle or gets some experience at guard too.  I wouldn't mind seeing him become a versatile back up or even a starter at right guard.

Right. I hope he proves himself at RG and they feel the guy they just signed can free Cannon as backup tackle so he wont have to think about tackle at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Rusty. You said I was so dumb it is comical. I see you disappeared on the thread.

No retort from Rusty here? Thats odd.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Rusty, can we get an answer here?  Are your numbers correct or wrong?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

My numbers are AFTER the 2015 season, so I can read. If Arrington is cut after the 2014 season, the Pats are really screwed and really over paid. 

If Arrington plays thru the 2015 season the Pats will have paid him $12.5m over the years 2013, 2014, 2015.(exactly what I posted above)

If the Pats cut him after the 2015 season they do not have to pay his 2016 salary of $3.5m, but do still owe him his pro rated bonus, $1.625 exactly what I posted above

Again, you have no clue. Stop embarrassing yourself, and stop painting your self as some high IQ business man. You are clueless on this matter.

go ahead and start your back pedal...and make a Jets comment to deflect your lack of knowledge

He won't be cut after 2014, dummy. This is what you don't get. LOL

BB wanted it to be for 3 years. He got it.

Also, "backpedal" is one word and stop using my words to try to sound smart. You lost.

I expected more from a Harvard MBA type. LOL!

What a pathetic loser out of bullets. My god,  folks.  He claims he sold a business for millions and then gets exposed with an agenda working for ESPN on a messageboard. Priceless.

But, hey, Rkarp, you picked up an ally!  A wet panty Welker lover!  Congrats!

"My numbers" R Karp says. Yep, that's your problem. "Your numbers" are never right or accurate because you are really, really dumb. LOL

The rest of us go by facts.  7.75 guaranteed doesn't equate to 16 milion guaranteed.

Jets are done. Get over it, loser.

congratulations-you got a mediocre player somewhat cheap (or maybe not so cheap)

keep saving money bob!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Glad that Vollmer is back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Anyone know the money on Vollmer? It would suck if it wasn't a team friendly deal, but if it is like Arrington's, then I applaud him.  He probably could have gone to Miami or Philly.

Do you feel that you should be obliged to give your boss a company friendly deal where you work?  I am not saying the team should overpay players, but why is rewarding players to foster loyalty and morale not an important aspect of personnel management?

mr spock likes to think he is mr "results oriented" then defends paying an amendola over welker-that ought to tell u something

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

ALLLRIGHTYTHENNNNNNNN!!!!!

Now let's sign Abraham and a WR

Spot ON!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Though it is likely to happen eventually, a league source said Sunday that there was no deal done yet between the Patriots and free agent offensive tackle Sebastian Vollmer.

pending physical?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Rusty, I am asking a serious question here..... 

According to the contract graphic I posted for Arrington's contract I show If they cut him after 2015 cap hit would have been $10.875 million.  Wouldn't that be an average of $3.625 million per year as a cap hit? Oh, plus the dead money of $1.625 for 2016 = $12.5 cap hit for 3 years, an average of $4.167 average for 3 years?

And you are saying this....

We have two different averages here if they would cut Arrington after 2012.  I might be like a 5th grader reading this contract stuff so can you please explain to me how my numbers are incorrect.  Ours are different by a lot.

I took his cap hit of 2013, 2014 and 2015 = $10.875 million, if they cut him after 2015, then they have to account for the dead money of 2016 of $1.625 million which totals $12.5  An average of $4.167 million per year.  You said it would be 3 years at $2.75 million average.  What am I doing wrong here? Why are you saying this is essentially a 3 year deal guaranteed at around $2.75 million?  Wouldn't he receive $10.875 million (ave of $3.625 mill) for 2013-2015 and then the Pats be charged a cap hit for 2016 of $1.625 mill, making a total of $12.5 mill, average of $4.167 million per year?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Though it is likely to happen eventually, a league source said Sunday that there was no deal done yet between the Patriots and free agent offensive tackle Sebastian Vollmer.

pending physical?

There still would have been a contract, but with conditions written in that Vollmer passes the physical examination.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rusty, I am asking a serious question here..... 

According to the contract graphic I posted for Arrington's contract I show If they cut him after 2015 cap hit would have been $10.875 million.  Wouldn't that be an average of $3.625 million per year as a cap hit? Oh, plus the dead money of $1.625 for 2016 = $12.5 cap hit for 3 years, an average of $4.167 average for 3 years?

And you are saying this....

We have two different averages here if they would cut Arrington after 2012.  I might be like a 5th grader reading this contract stuff so can you please explain to me how my numbers are incorrect.  Ours are different by a lot.

I took his cap hit of 2013, 2014 and 2015 = $10.875 million, if they cut him after 2015, then they have to account for the dead money of 2016 of $1.625 million which totals $12.5  An average of $4.167 million per year.  You said it would be 3 years at $2.75 million average.  What am I doing wrong here? Why are you saying this is essentially a 3 year deal guaranteed at around $2.75 million?  Wouldn't he receive $10.875 million (ave of $3.625 mill) for 2013-2015 and then the Pats be charged a cap hit for 2016 of $1.625 mill, making a total of $12.5 mill, average of $4.167 million per year?

TFB, you are 1000% correct with your numbers. 

It is what I posted last week when I said Arringtons AAV w/b approx $4.2m, and Rusty argued with me, called me names and posted on every thread he hijacked that he bludgeoned me. 

It is also what I posted yestday, when he called me "so dumb that it is comical". 

Bottom line, Arringtons numbers are kind of high, makes me wonder why. I found his and Hooma's numbers really out of the norm for the Pats.

Second bottom line, as I have been saying right along, Rusty has zero understanding of contracts in he NFL, but thinks if he calls someone names, bad mouths them on every thread he hijacks, that it makes him look smart. What a small person. 

Sections
Shortcuts