Second Half Offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Second Half Offense

Where did it go?

Giving up 38 points to the Saints doesn't alarm me.  They're a good team.

Only scoring 17 points?  That's a real problem for the Pats.  Unless they get home field advantage (impossible), I don't see them going far in the playoffs.  They clearly can't win on the road.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

Re: Second Half Offense

In Response to Second Half Offense:
    [QUOTE]Where did it go? Giving up 38 points to the Saints doesn't alarm me.  They're a good team. Only scoring 17 points?  That's a real problem for the Pats.  Unless they get home field advantage (impossible), I don't see them going far in the playoffs.  They clearly can't win on the road.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    Nick,
         This has been their problem all season. For whatever reason they outscore the opposition in the first half (No.1 ranking in the NFL before tonight's game) yet when the second half begins, they can't find the end zone. It appears New Orleans looked at this as more of a statement game than the Patriots. Their players played that way and their coaches schemed and make the correct calls all game.
    I like what I saw from Vince Wilfork, Lawrence Maroney, Wes Welker and Kevin Faulk. On offense we looked lost and the play calling was not as crisp as the Saints. As for the defense, there is no excuse. How many of us out there are now second guessing that 4th and 2 call? I'm not, this defense is in a lot of trouble, so is the team. The NFL is a copycat league and you can't tell me other teams weren't watching.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

1st half offense...2nd half offense.

They had neither tonight.

Im so tired of this offense.

I know this sounds knee-jerk, but come on.  All glitz no glory.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Second Half Offense:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Second Half Offense :
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

I guess it's too late to tear up the entire play book and start from scratch. I think other teams have figure out that TB has gotten addicted to Welker's and Moss' talent. TB is not as patient anymore. Let me rephrase that. He is patient and keeps waiting for the two guys to open, but not patient with the other guys. They've become so predictable (I keep saying this that I am getting predictable on these boards). If their opponent does not figure it out in the first out, they definitely figure it out by half time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Second Half Offense : I guess it's too late to tear up the entire play book and start from scratch. I think other teams have figure out that TB has gotten addicted to Welker's and Moss' talent. TB is not as patient anymore. Let me rephrase that. He is patient and keeps waiting for the two guys to open, but not patient with the other guys. They've become so predictable (I keep saying this that I am getting predictable on these boards). If their opponent does not figure it out in the first out, they definitely figure it out by half time.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

That's on O'Brien as playcaller.  I think he either has a lot to learn or needs someone to show him the way.

Regardless, I agreed with Steve Young's sentiment that nothing worked out of the huddle, which means that the Saints had the Pats' offense figured out.  This is really bad news.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Second Half Offense : I guess it's too late to tear up the entire play book and start from scratch. I think other teams have figure out that TB has gotten addicted to Welker's and Moss' talent. TB is not as patient anymore. Let me rephrase that. He is patient and keeps waiting for the two guys to open, but not patient with the other guys. They've become so predictable (I keep saying this that I am getting predictable on these boards). If their opponent does not figure it out in the first out, they definitely figure it out by half time.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

Sections
Shortcuts