Second Round Busts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Second Round Busts

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130829-donaldson-second-guessing-the-pats-second-round-picks.ece

2012 Tavon Wilson

2011 Ras-I Dowling

2010 Jermaine Cunningham

2009 Ron Brace, Darius Butler, Patrick Chung

2008 Terrance Wheatly

2006 Chad Jackson

2003 Bethel Johnson

"On the plus side, the Pats hit the jackpot with their second-round picks in 2002 (WR Deion Branch) and 2001 (OT Matt Light).

And, with the exception of Dowling, the 2011 draft has proven to be a good one, providing starting tackle Nate Solder, running backs Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley, backup QB Ryan Mallett, and reserve OL Marcus Cannon.

As for this year's second-round selections -- LB Jamie Collins and WR Aaron Dobson -- the jury is still out." and GRonk

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Re: Second Round Busts

In response to anonymis' comment:

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130829-donaldson-second-guessing-the-pats-second-round-picks.ece

2012 Tavon Wilson

2011 Ras-I Dowling

2010 Jermaine Cunningham

2009 Ron Brace, Darius Butler, Patrick Chung

2008 Terrance Wheatly

2006 Chad Jackson

2003 Bethel Johnson

"On the plus side, the Pats hit the jackpot with their second-round picks in 2002 (WR Deion Branch) and 2001 (OT Matt Light).

And, with the exception of Dowling, the 2011 draft has proven to be a good one, providing starting tackle Nate Solder, running backs Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley, backup QB Ryan Mallett, and reserve OL Marcus Cannon.

As for this year's second-round selections -- LB Jamie Collins and WR Aaron Dobson -- the jury is still out." and GRonk

NY JETS SUCK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, we've had a ton of 2nd Round busts.  No doubt about it.  We also win a ton of games year in and year out and have been arguably the most successful professional sports franchise over the past decade plus.  Meanwhile, the Jets have been the laughing-stock of professional sports over most of that time frame.  I don't care who we draft or where we draft them.  I care about the Win/Loss column.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Yeah, we've had a ton of 2nd Round busts.  No doubt about it.  We also win a ton of games year in and year out and have been arguably the most successful professional sports franchise over the past decade plus.  Meanwhile, the Jets have been the laughing-stock of professional sports over most of that time frame.  I don't care who we draft or where we draft them.  I care about the Win/Loss column.

Thank you!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Vollmer and Gronk aka 2 of the best players on the team were 2nd rounders. Spikes drafted in the 2nd as well. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Vollmer and Gronk aka 2 of the best players on the team were 2nd rounders. Spikes drafted in the 2nd as well. 

missed vollmer. good add.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

The Red Sox, Giants and Cardinals have won two World Series titles over the past decade.

The Blackhawks won the Cup twice.

The Spurs and Lakers have won it all twice.  The Heat have won three times.

The Giants and Steelers have won two Superbowls.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If those picks weren't busts, the loser veterans brought in might not be necessary.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If those picks weren't busts, the loser veterans brought in might not be necessary.

LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL

[/QUOTE]

Dear Phat Rex:

NY JETS SUCK...Enjoy!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

and he doesn't know what ignore means....just like Rusty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

and he doesn't know what ignore means....just like Rusty.

Just like mommy dearest...

NY JETS TROLL...

NY JETS SUCKKKKKKK

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Still can't see you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

the patriots coulda had 2 extra SBs by now...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

Chung wasn't a bust, he just wasn't a star.  Just like Eugene Wilson (03) was not a superstar, but he was a contributer to 2 Super Bowls.  Gronk, Vollmer, Spikes, 2007 2nd Rd pick for Welker, all great value for Patriots.  Nothing is 100% in the NFL. It is a hit or miss.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ArmyPatsFan's comment:

Chung wasn't a bust, he just wasn't a star.  Just like Eugene Wilson (03) was not a superstar, but he was a contributer to 2 Super Bowls.  Gronk, Vollmer, Spikes, 2007 2nd Rd pick for Welker, all great value for Patriots.  Nothing is 100% in the NFL. It is a hit or miss.

I hear ya. Eugene was better than Chung. imo, drafting is all luck...lol