Secondary in shambles?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Secondary in shambles?

A. Wilson to IR.

Dowling cut.

Dennard most likely to miss time soon due to probation violation.

Definitely going to be the achilles heal again this year. Sad cause lots of guys lingered around on the market for a while.

NMandi, Ed Reed, Kerry Rhodes, all those original free agent corners( Grimes, S. Smith, D. Robinson and a slew of others who I can't recall off hand but will find them if asked to.

I may get ripped for this thread title but you know what, our secondary has been atrocious for years and it looks to be more of the same this year.

On the bright side I think we have the second or third best front 7 in the league, but again your only as good as your weakest link.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Secondary in shambles?

If Dennard & Talib are on the field the secondary will be fine but that is a big if.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Really cause aside from Dmac our safety rotation stinks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

I'm more concerned about DT at this point. They have the best in the game and Kelly but literally nothing behind them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

Really cause aside from Dmac our safety rotation stinks.

The issue was at corner last year when the 2 of them weren't on the field together. The safeties just have to be solid in run support and be in good position in nickel coverage. Minus the 2 of them on the field together the safeties becomes an issue.

Edit: the whole secondary becomes an issue.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They are going to get scored on a lot.  The good news is that the offense should be quite potent all season with Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Lloyd the injury prone guy, the rookie, the rookie, that guy, the other guy and...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

I'm more concerned about DT at this point. They have the best in the game and Kelly but literally nothing behind them.

You're a Jets troll, Phat Rex...

Yes...the secondary is a bonafide mess......

Sort of like the Jets QB position...and their RB position...and their OL...and their LB's...and their secondary...and their......the list is endless.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

They are going to get scored on a lot.  The good news is that the offense should be quite potent all season with Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Lloyd the injury prone guy, the rookie, the rookie, that guy, the other guy and...

I hear what you saying. On offense there's the potential of being amazing or terrible to be honest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

Ohhhh...and now we hear from the Rusty stalker.....the friend of Phat Rex...go back to the BRUNES board....nice choke by the BRUNES BTW...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to bigsmellybear's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sort of like the Jets QB position...and their RB position...and their OL...and their LB's...and their secondary...and their......the list is endless.....

[/QUOTE]

Do you ever add anything to the discussion? You're as much of a troll as you think I am considering you're derailing this thread. Have fun looking at pictures of Mark Sanchez half naked, dude. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I hear what you saying. On offense there's the potential of being amazing or terrible to be honest.

Maybe it'll be a bonanza.  I certainly hope so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

Do you ever add anything to the discussion? You're as much of a troll as you think I am considering you're derailing this thread. Have fun looking at pictures of Mark Sanchez half naked, dude. 

Temper, temper psycho Jets-Boy...LMAO...like I said, only morons, psychopaths and mental defectives will converse with any ONE of your personalities...who will you be next...Bungalo Bill/Anonymis/Phate Rex...another conversation with yourself...you don't think anyone other than that fool NAS doesn't know who you are?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They'll be fine..they have Brady and lot's of weapons on offense, a great O LIne and a good D. front 7...that backfield , however...bad news...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

Tell us Phat Rex...how will the Jets be this year?...PFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Temper, temper psycho Jets-Boy...LMAO...like I said, only morons, psychopaths and mental defectives will converse with any ONE of your personalities...who will you be next...Bungalo Bill/Anonymis/Phate Rex...another conversation with yourself...you don't think anyone other than that fool NAS doesn't know who you are?

So which are you? A moron, a psychopath or a mental defective? Do me and the rest of the posters on this thread a favor and ignore me. Thanks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

[QUOTE]

So which are you? A moron, a psychopath or a mental defective? Do me and the rest of the posters on this thread a favor and ignore me. Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

He figured me out....WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

NAS..eat him!!!!!! Do it NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

A. Wilson to IR.

Dowling cut.

Definitely going to be the achilles heal again this year. Sad cause lots of guys lingered around on the market for a while.

NMandi, Ed Reed, Kerry Rhodes, all those original free agent corners( Grimes, S. Smith, D. Robinson and a slew of others who I can't recall off hand but will find them if asked to.

I may get ripped for this thread title but you know what, our secondary has been atrocious for years and it looks to be more of the same this year.

On the bright side I think we have the second or third best front 7 in the league, but again your only as good as your weakest link.

well we should have signed Bernard Pollard

real dumb move for not getting him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to PatsBermuda's comment:

[QUOTE]

A. Wilson to IR.

Dowling cut.

well we should have signed Bernard Pollard

real dumb move for not getting him

[/QUOTE]

"Hey...Bungalo Bill, what Jet did you killl Bungalo Billlll"

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Db position is not the greatest in the league as it is and depth wise it's horrible.  I can remember during the off season several were screaming about the Pats not picking anyone up and of course there were the full fledged Kool Aid drinkers, In BB we Trust posters screaming at some of us that everything will be just fine.  Well things concerning the DB's aren't just fine.

So many people the Pats passed on and instead we got the low risk/high reward no reward players.   It's going to be ugly again this season unless there is a plan to trade or pick someone up that can help.  Otherwise, bombs away!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Another year of totally lost DB's giving up first downs on 3rd and 25, Bewildered CB and S looking at each other as wide open WR trot in for TD's and End Zone Pass Interference Calls.

Dear Lord please give Tom Brady the strength to deliver us, once again, from this steaming pile of [****].  Amen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

All those DBs that went for $.50 on the dollar and with or cap space we didn't any. That's going to be a mistake

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

A. Wilson to IR.

Dowling cut.

The biggest issue for the secondary in the past was time together. More than ANY other unit on the field, seconday gelling and cohesiveness takes a lot of time. We saw signs that they were coming together last year and i believe it will be significantly seen this season. As always, as is the case for every team, if we remain relatively healthy this season, our secondary will be a strength. Again, time together will prove most valuable even over finding new guys on the wire. We have enough talent there as AW was clearly on the bubble and Ras was never a real factor for us. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Hopefully Collins can be a difference maker, and right away.  Our big tank LBs can't cover, though maybe Fletcher can defend the pass better than Mayo/Hightower/Spikes.  Even if a pass rush materializes (? Buchannan), will not help so much against quick short passes.

Six RBs, except for Vareen indistinguishable from each other, and none of them difference makers, on a passing offense.  A gaggle of rookie WRs and TE.  But no improvement on the team's glaring weakness.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

The key here is a better pass rush, if the pats stop giving all day to a qb to throw the ball the secondary will be better, if we could creat some pressure to the qb ok we will have a better secondary, but why not we trade up and get a real good cb in the draft? why not sign a real deal player in the FA, Brady year after year has to carry this team on his back, u can`t expect your qb to throw 300+ yards and 3+ tds every day.

Sections
Shortcuts