Secondary Issues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Secondary Issues

OKay we all know the pats had one of the worst secondaries in the league. But at corner we have dowling- injury issues- mccourty- a terrible season but i think we all expect better results this coming year- and then arrington and moore probably deserve more playing time- i think it is doubtful that the pats spend a high draft pick or bring in a high-value free-agent at cb
    i think safety is the bigger problem- chung is okay- he has been more of a cover guy- not beacause it is a strength of his game but because of need-
    so do you all think the cbs stay pretty much the same and that the pats draft barron in the first if he falls or, as mike reiss thinks, sign the titans griffen as a free agent.
    what moves do you think belichick will make to improve the secondary

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Secondary Issues

Carlos Rodgers, FA 49ers. SanFran will likely tag Goldson and let Rogers test market. McCourty seems headed to Safety.

Not a fan of Barron.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

what makes you think we have secondary issues?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I'm a thinken', although it's early, that when you have a converted QB, converted to WR, converted to DB, and gets on the field before players drafted to actually play CB, you may have secondary issues. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I have no idea who BB will bring in, but I'm not quite so sanguine about corner. Fans' positive comments about Dowling remind me a lot of similar comments made about Butler after his first season. It's way too early to judge what Dowling can do--I mean he's played in just two NFL games so far!  Now I will say that I never was big on Butler and I honestly do think that Dowling (if he can stay healthy) looks like he's got more potential than Butler ever had, but I don't think you want to go into the season relying too much on him, especially given his history of injury. Ideally, we bring in a free agent corner who we know can start in the NFL and then let Dowling, McCourty, Arrington, and Moore compete for the second, nickel, and dime corner spots.  

Safety is a need too .  .  . I think we need to bring in two DBs, at least one a proven free agent starter, the other either a free agent with the ability to start or a high-round rookie with lots of promise.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Never, ever, ever, bet against trends in football. It's almost like paint by numbers its so easy a cave man can do it.

Dowling,

High School, talented, couldn't stay healthy
    College, talented, couldn't stay healthy
    Ist Year NFL, talented, couldn't stay healthy

Hope it works out for him but trends bring more trends in the NFL

We need a Vet CB to come in.

Sections
Shortcuts