Sergio Kindle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Sergio Kindle

What is everyone's thoughts on Kindle? Physically he fits what BB wants in a OLB perfectly, but he is also known to have the intellectual capacity of a bag of rocks. I could see them going either way on him, and think Graham would be as explosive as a pass rusher than Kindle off the bat. That being said, Kindle probably has more room to develop. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Sergio Kindle

I'm not a fan, he's inconsitent, his production fell off in 2009 (10 sacks in 2008, 6 in 2009), he's not that smart as you've mentioned, he has trouble diagnosing plays, his instincts are questionable, he has trouble getting off blocks and he generally gets by on pure athleticism which won't happen at the NFL level.

I'd prefer Spikes or Odrick in rd 1.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I'd much rather Graham from UM, he doesn't have the size or sheer athletic ability of Kindle but he has a better nose for the ball and can flat out get after the passer.  It's irrelevant either way, Kindle will be gone well before the Pats are picking at 22

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Like my grandpappy used to say, don't draft anyone who sounds like a cross between a line of perfume and an e-book reader.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

It's not a given that Kindle will be gone by 22 by any means at all.

I'm starting to really like Worilds with our last pick in the second round, if Graham is gone at 22.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

for some reason ILB Daryl Wahington of TCU intrigues me. Graham may be gone by #22. Remember the colts got lucky w/ Freeney bcs teams were afraid of his hieght as well and look how he turned out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

cellucci,
    Washington looks like a good player, but he only measured in at 6016-226 at the SB which isn't nearly big enough to play OLB in a NE 3-4.  He's a better fit as a 4-3 OLB.

How did the Colt's get lucky with Freeney?  He led the nation in sacks in 2001 with 17.5 (34 for his career, atleast 1 in 17 straight games at one point), he also had 26 tackles for loss (51 for his career), 26 QB pressures and set an NCAA record with 11 total fumbles (8 forced and 3 recovered, the kid made plays in bunches.  He was an All American, All Conference, Big East Co-Defensive player of the year and nominated for multiple awards (Nagurski, Lombardi, Bednarik etc.).  He followed that up by running a 4.48 at 266 pounds at the 2002 combine.  Indy then took him with the 11th pick in the 2002 draft so they weren't exactly taking a shot in the dark.

Getting lucky is hitting on TB in the 6th round.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Kindle has off field issues/character concerns that would probably drop him off Pats board.  He had a DWI and some drunken brawl incident at Texas.  Based on his athletic skills he probably comes into the league and gets 10 sacks like his old teammate Orakpo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wanna say I described this kid as a bag of rocks on a stick last week. He's so skinny that if he turned sideways you wouldn't see him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Stavros210,

I like Weatherspoon as well, however he'd have to move to ILB to fit in NE"s 3-4 scheme as he's undersized (6007-245 at the SB) to play out the outside.  He'd be a great fit as a 4-3 OLB though.

I'm with you on Odrick, IMO its him or Spikes in Rd 1.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I agree with mb, Spikes or Odrick at #22.  I would also throw in Dan Williams if he is still around.  If we had Williams and Wilfork together for a year, I'd run a lot more 4-3. 

Do you guys think there is any chance Derrick Burgess comes back?  He got off to a slow start then had some sacks towards the end.  He cost us a 3rd and a 5th so it would be nice if he pans out.  I'm thinking maybe it took him awhile to learn a new system.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I know many here think Burgess is gone.  I do not.  BB spoke well of him often at the end of the season.  I think if they can work out a 2 year deal, he is back next season, if there is a next season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I could see Burgess coming back. I thought he was actually signed for next year. BB spoke highly of him, and he did improve throughout the season. That being said, he's clearly lost a bunch of speed and his sacks are not the most impressive (coverage, or another rusher moves the qb into DB). If the Pats drafted Graham or any other top rushing type I would hope DB wouldn't see the field on third down (TBC and Graham would be the primary rushers), so I don't see too much value in Burgess unless they go more 4-3.

Sections
Shortcuts