Serious Question on the Fines/Harrison

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Serious Question on the Fines/Harrison

Am I on acid, or did Goodell not say the new hitting penalties will be tied into any retroactive hits from earlier this year?

Did he not say, if you are found to be in violation 2x, you get a suspension?

Am I imagining this? Shouldn't James Harrison be suspended as a repeat offender?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Serious Question on the Fines/Harrison

And I thought these were helmet to helmet/face/neck initial contact hits, too.

Where does Pryor initiate contact with Favre's face/chin/neck?

The NFL said it was his neck. That's false.  Favre was hit in the chest and his shoulder pad, moved, which means Pryor's head also moved in an upward direction.

Even former NFL head of officials, Perriera, said it was a clean hit.

Finally, why would this take them so long to see the hit as illegal?

Have they been that busy  this week or that busy reviewing that many hits, that they just go to Pryor's today?

All of this has been poorly handled by Goodell. AGAIN.

His Draconian approach is flat out not good when you are leading a group or an organization.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Harrison deserves a fine, he has been told the error of his ways and he just continues to do the same thing and with what seems to be no remorse. Pryor getting a fine is a joke i'm sure he had no intention to helmet strike Farve, plenty will agree on that. I feel like they need to clearly define the rules and stick to them because they're all over the place. I think it's mostly simple to define between an intentional hit and a non intentional hit. For example if a player runs towards the ball carrier and lowers his helmet towards the ball carrier's it's obviously intentional, if a player runs towards the ball carrier possibly with their head already lowered and the ball carrier lowers his going into contact then that's not intentional. You can say what you like but I don't think it's taking away from the game you can have big hits on lots of places on the body that are not the skull

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's not terribly surprising that Goodell is picking and choosing what is an actionable violation of a nebulous rule, and who will be judged harshly and who will skip away with a slap on the wrist. What baffles me is why the league is suddenly taking a "kid gloves" approach on the one guy who made all of this nonsense necessary in the first place with his out-of-control play.

All Goodell has done with this campaign is heaped another shovelful of dirt on his officials, who now look even more silly when players are fined for perfectly legal hits that are not flagged.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Here is the number for the NFL Public Relations at 1-212-450-2000. They need to know that Goodell should be fined for ruining the NFL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

What is with the Commish seeking a meeting with Harrisson anyway??

Do all culprits for "illegal hits" get summoned to the Ivory Tower??

No suspension for a third offence this year reeks of interference at a high level imo considering Harrison was one of the "three offenders" that infamous weekend.

The League drew national attention to the problem and within a couple of weeks we have a "repeat offender" and he gets a slap on the wrist and gets it, in person by Goodell.

Ineptitude personified. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm at a loss to understand what they are using for criteria for determining what is a clean hard hit and a punishable-by-fine hit.  Moreover, I think the question of 'Why-so-long-after-the-hit?' needs to be addressed openly.  If there is to be any credibility to this policy then there needs to be a discernable rhyme n reason to it.  I can't imagine that the NFLPA is not taking note of this mess.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Serious Question on the Fines/Harrison:
    [QUOTE]Here is the number for the NFL Public Relations at 1-212-450-2000. They need to know that Goodell should be fined for ruining the NFL.
    Posted by RonF[/QUOTE] 

Every one please go to PetitionOnline.com
    There is an active petition in place asking for the Removal of Roger Godell as commissioner of the Nfl.
    I actually went there to start one and saw that one had already been started with 751 signatures already.  Pass it on!  This thing will go viral in 2 days.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

just voted its over 800

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I'm kinda shocked that Mr. Cheap shot wasn't suspended.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Harrison deserves a fine, he has been told the error of his ways and he just continues to do the same thing and with what seems to be no remorse. Pryor getting a fine is a joke i'm sure he had no intention to helmet strike Farve, plenty will agree on that. I feel like they need to clearly define the rules and stick to them because they're all over the place. I think it's mostly simple to define between an intentional hit and a non intentional hit. For example if a player runs towards the ball carrier and lowers his helmet towards the ball carrier's it's obviously intentional, if a player runs towards the ball carrier possibly with their head already lowered and the ball carrier lowers his going into contact then that's not intentional. You can say what you like but I don't think it's taking away from the game you can have big hits on lots of places on the body that are not the skull
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE] Actually Harrison didn't deserve a fine for this last hit as all he did was hit him a split second after the ball was thrown and they did hit him for a roughing the passer call. I'm not a steeler fan but there bleep hits and there are close calls this one would have been in the close call category,just another bad fine by Goodell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I agree with Sports bozo above. The only thing with Harrison is the idiot came out and said he wanted to hurt opponets. Ray Lewis said the same thing about Rashard Mendenhall in his rookie season. And the next week, Mendenhall got a season ending injury against Ray Lewis & the Ravens. I could sit and pick out many hits from every team around the league that I consider cheap hits or hitting the QB late. On a few of Harrison's hits, the receiver drop his head as Harrison was coming in to hit him. The action is so fast, how are these guys supposed to avoid it in many cases. The shot that Ryan Clark took on Wes Welker two years ago was a cheap shot. Clark launched his body and I was glad to see eventually that Welker walked off the field on his own. I've always tried to be respectful on this site, because I realize it's a Patriot forum, and I'll be the first to say that it's a pretty good forum, if your a NFL Fan. But the NFL (and the media) have a way of blowing things way out of proportion. I have always claimed that the so-called 'spy-gate' incident against the Patriots was so completly overblown. It was a lot to do about nothing. Had no bearing on the outcome of any game. The Patriots won because they were just better than everyone else. I can't and I won't stick-up for Harrison on a few hits this year, but I just wish the league would let the guys play football. The guys are getting so big & fast that injuries are going to happen every game. These guys get paid good money & they know the risks they take. It's amazing how one hit seems cheap to one person, yet someone else can view the same play and will argue that it wasn't.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Nope you are sober bro and right. And you better believe if Meriwether makes a bad hit this week he gets suspended in a heart beat. Its a f*cking joke, they dont want their roided up defensive star to retire so they are going to slap him on the wrist but Meriwether who is not as big a star would get suspended i would bet my life on it.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    your life? you are fool.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]And I thought these were helmet to helmet/face/neck initial contact hits, too. Where does Pryor initiate contact with Favre's face/chin/neck? The NFL said it was his neck. That's false.  Favre was hit in the chest and his shoulder pad, moved, which means Pryor's head also moved in an upward direction. Even former NFL head of officials, Perriera, said it was a clean hit. Finally, why would this take them so long to see the hit as illegal? Have they been that busy  this week or that busy reviewing that many hits, that they just go to Pryor's today? All of this has been poorly handled by Goodell. AGAIN. His Draconian approach is flat out not good when you are leading a group or an organization.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    1700 plays to review. it takes a little time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Harrison should have been suspended but Goodell over reacts only when it involves the pats. I think the fine on Guyton is questionable but a 7,500 dollar fine is nothing and the one on Pryor is way out of bounds I think. Pryors target zone was his chest, that is where he hit and the way Brett turned his helmet pushed up the pads and cut Brett.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]The worst part is Pryor is not some star, he doesnt make millions so i mean a fine like this is a huge chunk of his payment for this year. And it was a clean hit, how is that fair? Its BS
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    this forum's pundits are all experts on legal and illegal hits. your opinion doesn't count here.  the commish's does. get over it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Here is the number for the NFL Public Relations at 1-212-450-2000. They need to know that Goodell should be fined for ruining the NFL.
    Posted by RonF[/QUOTE]
    that's like calling the white house. good luck.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Serious Question on the Fines/Harrison :   Every one please go to PetitionOnline.com There is an active petition in place asking for the Removal of Roger Godell as commissioner of the Nfl. I actually went there to start one and saw that one had already been started with 751 signatures already.  Pass it on!  This thing will go viral in 2 days.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]
    751 signatures vs. 320,000,000 Americans. you should get results.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Harrison should have been suspended but Goodell over reacts only when it involves the pats. I think the fine on Guyton is questionable but a 7,500 dollar fine is nothing and the one on Pryor is way out of bounds I think. Pryors target zone was his chest, that is where he hit and the way Brett turned his helmet pushed up the pads and cut Brett.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]
    oh, oh conspiracy looming. spygate and BB's arrogance started this whole thing. $1.25 million for stealing signals? there is more to it than that. that's why they burned the evidence.