SERIOUSLY... COWBOYS are a joke, how can you hire a failed OLD college DC as your DC as your basis of change?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY... COWBOYS are a joke, how can you hire a failed OLD college DC as your DC as your basis of change?

Don't know how it will work out for Dallas but Monte Kiffin is the DC that Tampa would not let Dungy take with him when Dungy was fired.  Kiffin was the highest paid DC in the NFL at the time (higher than some HCs I believe).

Pioneered the Tampa Two.  His defense won the 2002 Superbowl with no help from the offense.  Maybe he still has it. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY... COWBOYS are a joke, how can you hire a failed OLD college DC as your DC as your basis of change?

As long as Jerry Jones continues to call the shots, the Cowboys are dead in the water.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Oh I'd take Romeo but Kiffin's defenses were great in Tampa.  I think they averaged about 13 points a game.  I know that was 10 years ago and a lot has changed in the NFL but maybe Kiffin can do it again.  

Kiffin always was a high energy guy.  He must have shown something at the interview.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'm partial to Kiffin. Met him a couple of times. Genuine guy, great motivator. Whether he's still got it at 72, who knows. 

My hesitation is whether Dallas has the personnel to run his defense. They've run the 3-4 since Parcells was there and it's not an easy switch. Ware will have to play 4-3 DE, for example.  I would think it would take a couple of years to get the right personnel in place. Of course Jones is known for his patience....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Jerry Jones suffers from Al Davis disease. Things will get worse before they get better!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.