Seriously, we are a joke.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

Seriously, we are a joke.

Here's our problems:

1) Way too many failed drafts.  No elite players to show for them. Zero.
    2) Most vanilla, boring, predictable offensive scheme in the NFL.
    3) Never any 2nd half adjustments.  One game plan, never change what doesn't work.

What we're left with is a mediocre NFL team, plus Tom Brady.  So 9-7 or 10-6, and best case, a 1st round playoff beating.  Just like 2009.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Seriously, we are a joke.

You don't expect that we will adjust? Get real. We had one bad game, and you're already writing us off?

No pal - you're the joke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Seriously, we are a joke.:
    Here's our problems: 1) Way too many failed drafts.  No elite players to show for them. Zero. 2) Most vanilla, boring, predictable offensive scheme in the NFL. 3) Never any 2nd half adjustments.  One game plan, never change what doesn't work. What we're left with is a mediocre NFL team, plus Tom Brady.  So 9-7 or 10-6, and best case, a 1st round playoff beating.  Just like 2009.
    Posted by John413

I agree the drafting and lack of big time hits in that department has really killed this team. Take away Brady and this is a team that will finish at the bottom, however Castle did well with that team. I just don't think we are as good as the team Castle had a few years ago. The jets completely out coached us today. Totally. That is very disturbing. The play calling for the jets reminded me of when Crennel and Wies were here...Hmm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Seriously, we are a joke.:
    In Response to Re: Seriously, we are a joke. : Really?  Did we "adjust" at all in 2009?  Enlighten me, "pal".
    Posted by John413

Alright - if you don't want to put faith in this team, that's fine. I will have faith in this team no matter what, and I fully expect us to win the AFC East and make noise in the playoffs.

Judging the team off of one game, and the 2nd game no less, is completely off-base.

We've had bad games early on before, even during our super-bowl years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Out of curiosity, what constitutes a successful draft? If you get one or two decent players in a draft, you are lucky. 98% of all draftees do not make an impact.

You are obviously one of those fans who expect every draft pick to be an impact player. Fact is pal, it's not reality.

This year we got some great prospects in Hernandez, Gronk, Spikes, Cunningham, and McCourty.

Last year we got Chung, Tate, Edelmann, Vollmer, and Butler. Yeah, Butler had a rough game, but the CB position usually takes a 2-3 yr adjustment in the NFL.

The year before we got Mayo.

2005 to 2008 were weak drafts, but there were still some good players taken including Gostowski.

My point is that you are lucky if you get one or two players a draft that become a starter in 2-3 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Seriously, we are a joke.:
    In Response to Re: Seriously, we are a joke. : Cool, and fair enough.  But I'm judging this team off of 17 games in 2009.  We have basically the same exact team in 2010.  With the same results so far. I don't see any reason to expect anything different. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Posted by John413

As I said, to compare this team to last year's team is wrong, IMO. Each year is different, and to draw comparisons, or to pass judgement after 1 game is wrong.

Once the Pats have done this 4 or 5 times, then I'll listen, but after 1 game in the second week, I won't listen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

John----Jump!  Off the bandwagon!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It was a curious loss, to be sure. The way the Pats dominated the first quarter and then completely disappeared is troubling, and appears to speak to coaching from my perspective. Clearly Cincinnatti's second-half fireworks last week should not have been dismissed as meaningless. What happened this afternoon is exactly what happened over and over again last year. The Pats do not seem able to cover their defensive weaknesses for an entire game and -- today, at least -- seemed intent on going away from what was working on offense to prove some kind of point to the Jets.

A very troubling loss.

But still, only one loss.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Seriously, we are a joke.:
    Here's our problems: 1) Way too many failed drafts.  No elite players to show for them. Zero. 2) Most vanilla, boring, predictable offensive scheme in the NFL. 3) Never any 2nd half adjustments.  One game plan, never change what doesn't work. What we're left with is a mediocre NFL team, plus Tom Brady.  So 9-7 or 10-6, and best case, a 1st round playoff beating.  Just like 2009.
    Posted by John413

The real joke is pink helmet whiners like you who call yourselves fans.

Sections
Shortcuts