Seriously what to do with Thomas??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Seriously what to do with Thomas??

Like most of you I am frustrated with the last few weeks but what do they do this guy longterm? From what I have read Thomas is signed till 2011 and his cap hit is over 7 million if cut or traded. This is a huge issue ? If there is no cap next year then what happens?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Seriously what to do with Thomas??

What happens if we cut him now - does all of his cap hit count against 2009?  If so, what does that mean if it puts us over and we're already into the season?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

They release him out of frustration. Then Parcells picks him up and becomes another Brian Cox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

They can't cut him until the season is over.  If they did it now, an addition $7 million or so would be added to this year's cap, which obviously makes that impossible.  He'll be toast when the season is over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I believe it's March 1st when the Pats can dump him.  One thing is for sure he will be with the Pats until the NFL season is over. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Let him suffer humiliation by being inactive the rest of the season.  If you cut him he'll just go to one of our foes.  Trade him next year if we can for anything; even a conditional 2099 7th round pick.  Oh, I almost forgot, trade him to detroit or Cleveland.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Deactivate him every game, then cut him at the first available chance when it won't count toward this seasons salary cap. 

After that nonsense that he was saying I figured he was done for in New England and i'm sure that was just confirmed with the healthy scratch. 

I don't think this was the first time he's had trouble this year abiding by the rules or something of the sort in the middle of the week - after all, he was a healthy scratch earlier this year for no apparent reason.  I think that might have been a disciplinary measure, but it apparently didn't work for the guy and now he needs to go!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Seriously what to do with Thomas??:
    [QUOTE]Let him suffer humiliation by being inactive the rest of the season.  If you cut him he'll just go to one of our foes.  Trade him next year if we can for anything; even a conditional 2099 7th round pick.  Oh, I almost forgot, trade him to detroit or Cleveland.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I'm with this one^^^^^^^^^

The Pats would be crazy to just cut him.  Thats not humilating.  He will get that last laugh if thats the case.  He will go straight to the Jests.

Bench him the rest of the season and then trade him next year.  He has trade value. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If they trade him won't the next team have to pick up his contract?
    I doubt anyone would want to pay it, they may have to cut him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously what to do with Thomas?? : I'm with this one^^^^^^^^^ The Pats would be crazy to just cut him.  Thats not humilating.  He will get that last laugh if thats the case.  He will go straight to the Jests. Bench him the rest of the season and then trade him next year.  He has trade value. 
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

Especially since Rex Ryan, his former defensive coordinator, is the head coach there. =\

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously what to do with Thomas?? : Especially since Rex Ryan, his former defensive coordinator, is the head coach there. =\
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]
    I can almost guarantee that the Jets pick him up next year, they started this habit of picking up bum ex-pats back when Mangina was stinkin the joint up.  Thomas deserves to be benched, but i'm worried about how it will hurt the depth.  Who do the Pats put in for him?  Play Burgess all the time, or Ninkovich?  Not that AT has been a stud but still..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Put him on IR.  He doesn't take up a roster spot that way, can't practice.  He's sabotaging the team right now.  Never thought I would see the happen with a marquee free agent from this team but he's become a cancer.  Sickening.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Here's what PFT say's about cutting Adalius
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/13/pats-are-likely-stuck-with-adalius-through-end-of-season/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

thanks for the feedback guys..........Thomas has me pissed cause he's not on board with the program........didn't he do the "humble pie " shirts in 2007 when we had the great run ....what the hell happened to him? I hate to say this cause you guys will bash me but when we picked him up Ray Lewis made some remarks about Thomas and well I hate to agree with Lewis he seems like he was dead on!!!!!   Leaving for the game soon...........I hope it snows.........no rain..........Pats 38 - Panthers 13

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

I don't know much about Thomas' ability, but if he has talent (which I believe he does) don't be surprised if Belichek tries everything possible to rehabilitate him and keep him.  This may not be possible and you may be right that he gets cut--but Belichek will do whatever he can to try to get him in line.  Next week's practices are huge for Thomas; if he comes in humbled and hungry, he could stick.  If he comes in with an attitude, watch for a mysterious injury to force him on IR; or else he will be deactivated and placed in solitary for the remainder of the season.     

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

IMO, it's insulting to put AT on the same bench as BJGE. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]What happens if we cut him now - does all of his cap hit count against 2009?  If so, what does that mean if it puts us over and we're already into the season?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

yes, the remaining portion of the signing bonus will count towards this year. We cannot absorb that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

There's nothing we can do right now except sit him down. Anything else wouldn't be economically feasible. It's pretty obvious to everyone else in the NFL that AT will be gone in the near future so that could generate some trade talk in the off season. We will still have to eat a portion of his salary/ signing bonus but at least that way we can dictate where he goes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from frano. Show frano's posts

We should deactivate him for the rest of the seaon. Make him carry the gear for all the rookies. This joker has a false sense of superiority. The guy was lucky to play with Ray Lewis in Baltimore. It's pretty obvious that Ray was the man and AD was just his biach. No competetive fire burning in this washed up hasbeen.

Trade him to Cleveland next year for a 2020 7th round draft choice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I guess I'm showing ignorance here, but can he be assigned to the practice squad?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Re: Trade AD to KC

posted at 12/11/2009 6:21 PM EST
    First: 10/11/2009
    Last: 12/11/2009

Make him inactive on game day the rest of the year.

Sections
Shortcuts