Seriously, why is everyone hating on OCHO?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Seriously, why is everyone hating on OCHO?

The talking heads need to shut up.
    I think due to his history and all of his talking in the past the media can't wait to jump on this guy when he is slightly down.
    I love Teddy, but am sad to say he has become one of the media. No one would be talking about Ocho's twitter post if Teddy wasnt blasting him for it. He calls Ocho the distraction, but really is the media talking so much that ultimately is the distraction.
    I think Chad has done all he has been asked to do and ultimately will be fine.
    If everyone keeps piling on this guy he is going to loose the "fun" factor of playing football.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Re: Seriously, why is everyone hating on OCHO?

In Response to Seriously, why is everyone hating on OCHO?:
    [QUOTE]The talking heads need to shut up. I think due to his history and all of his talking in the past the media can't wait to jump on this guy when he is slightly down. I love Teddy, but am sad to say he has become one of the media. No one would be talking about Ocho's twitter post if Teddy wasnt blasting him for it. He calls Ocho the distraction, but really is the media talking so much that ultimately is the distraction. I think Chad has done all he has been asked to do and ultimately will be fine. If everyone keeps piling on this guy he is going to loose the "fun" factor of playing football.
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]

It probably something to do with him taking home over 6 million dollars this year(that includes his signing bonus) where he isnt exactly filling a role that we had a big need for. during the off season our biggest need was the lack of a legit deep threat. chad does not fill that roll, we could have gotten lee evans who is a legit speed deep threat, but instead we got chad.

Basically people are going to be down on him until he starts earning some of that 6 million dollars. having 1 catch and 3 attempts in a game where brady broke some passing records is like throwing fuel on the fire.

I like Teddy's message, Stop tweeting, get to the stadium and put the work in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Cause that's what Belichick wants in order to get him playing his way.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that Belichick asked Bruschi to make those comments.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Earth to Bruschi, you're not on the team, BB doesn't need your help, and creating a controversy simply to get your named mentioned in the press isn't the Patriot way.  You want to criticize how he runs his pass routes or how his lack of concentration is causing him to drop passes or if you can make the case that tweeting is hurting his on field performance, then be my guest.  Otherwise, you sound like an angry, over the hill fool.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

'Cause Haters gonna hate! 

@ UD - BB would NEVER do that, if Belichick had a problem with Ocho he'd talk to him about it. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Seriously, why is everyone hating on OCHO?:
    [QUOTE]Cause that's what Belichick wants in order to get him playing his way.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that Belichick asked Bruschi to make those comments.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

WOW Doggggg.  What's that have to do with the Colts?  lol
    Think you are waaaay off here.  It's more likely that BB is PO'd that Bruschi created a BIG distraction while they are trying to get ready for the Chargers.
    Didn't BB teach Bru to keep his mouth shut. Guess he wouldn't be successful at this job if he did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]Simple answer, because 99.9% of humans are f*cking morons.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Thankyou sir. You saved me some typing.

UD6--That's pretty funny. I won't rule anything out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Oh baby did this make laugh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Seriously, why is everyone hating on OCHO? : It probably something to do with him taking home over 6 million dollars this year(that includes his signing bonus) where he isnt exactly filling a role that we had a big need for. during the off season our biggest need was the lack of a legit deep threat. chad does not fill that roll, we could have gotten lee evans who is a legit speed deep threat, but instead we got chad. Basically people are going to be down on him until he starts earning some of that 6 million dollars. having 1 catch and 3 attempts in a game where brady broke some passing records is like throwing fuel on the fire. I like Teddy's message, Stop tweeting, get to the stadium and put the work in.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]Ya, but it's one game. Obviously he has not got the playbook yet as Belichick has not felt confident having him on the field, but I don't think it is as big of an issue as the media makes it. I think Chad will be fine and pick things up. I have no problem with what the guy tweated. He's not out there showing MRI's of him hammy, just showing admiration for Tommy. Hell, I would have never known about if not for the media. How many of you actually follow anybody on Twitter?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think Moss and Welker have become the measuring sticks of success for a new WR in NE, and Chad has not progressed where many thought he would be right now.

It's like a tidbit I read somewhere, the bungles offense was algebra, whereas the Patriots is calculus.

It is disappointing he has not picked this stuff up, I'd like to see burn some CBs and put up some numbers. 

When it comes down to BB will know what to do.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Is Chad Johnson the 2011 Donald Hayes?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

He was never really that flamboyant on the field.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/1505/donald-hayes

Ocho has better productivity,

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2584/chad-ochocinco

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

All you have to do is look at the haters. ESPN idiots, pink helmet fans who know nothing about football and twits who are angry because they have him on their fantasy team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously, why is everyone hating on OCHO? : WOW Doggggg.  What's that have to do with the Colts?  lol Think you are waaaay off here.  It's more likely that BB is PO'd that Bruschi created a BIG distraction while they are trying to get ready for the Chargers. Didn't BB teach Bru to keep his mouth shut. Guess he wouldn't be successful at this job if he did.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

That was when Kraft was paying him. Now ESPN is paying him so he has to follow their guidelines. Say any stupid thing you want as long as it attacks someone and try to create controversy when there is none. They must have good makeup artists at ESPN because I can't see the scar from the lobotomy that they obviously give their new employees.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

ocho has been getting alot of unwarranted hate ever since he got here, i guess thats just part of being here and the pressure the athletes in new england are under...he'll catch on soon...and the twitter comments may not have been in the best interest for him, but hes just enjoying being a patriot and hes never experienced playing for a team like them

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Well after we got rid of Merriweather, Wilhite, Butler and Moss someone has to be hated. Seems that way anyway.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Yup, what he said!!!

You can't walk into a system as complex as NE's without an offseason to prepare and expect to pick it up by game 1. If he's still lost 4-5 weeks from now, criticism is fair. For now, it's idiocy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

A.  Ocho is not the sharpest tool in the shed, and he's still learning the playbook.  He'll get a bit better.

B.  Ocho isn't the speedster he was five years ago.  He's a possession guy now.

C.  Brady has Wes Welker, Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski all wide open all the time.  Ochocinco has a rep so they're all bent on shutting the hot wideout down.  This will change, if an opponent wants to have any hope at all.  Or, maybe some of them don't have any hope at all but this will still change.  Allowing 500 yards of passing per game to those other guys doesn't work.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

Dam, give it a few more games before we say the guy does not get it.  As far as the ESPN folks are concern, talk about how you blew the 19 - 0 season, LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

Watch him play. He gets open.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

IDK, I haven't seen a lot of hate. I have seen a good deal of criticism.
    People shouldn't confuse the two.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandevan. Show sandevan's posts

Has anyone read the first part of Chad's tweet, "I just got out of bed." It was after 3 in the afternoon! Do you think Chad should have set his alarm clock for say 9AM and sent his lazy butt to Foxboro a little earlier to study the playbook, go over film, meet with coaches, etc? Maybe Chad thinks because he had success elsewhere that he doesn't need to work at it like a rookie or a bubble player would. Sorry Chad but this is New England not Cincinnati. Here you're just a replacable cog, not the entire wheel.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Seriously, why is everyone hating on OCHO?:
    [QUOTE]The talking heads need to shut up. I think due to his history and all of his talking in the past the media can't wait to jump on this guy when he is slightly down. I love Teddy, but am sad to say he has become one of the media. No one would be talking about Ocho's twitter post if Teddy wasnt blasting him for it. He calls Ocho the distraction, but really is the media talking so much that ultimately is the distraction. I think Chad has done all he has been asked to do and ultimately will be fine. If everyone keeps piling on this guy he is going to loose the "fun" factor of playing football.
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]

Oh, heavens me! I hope Chad never loses the "fun factor" playing football...LOL!!!

NO ONE is hating Ocho. They're hating his lack of production. What difference does it really make if he's working hard or not? The bottom line is that he's not getting it done.

It's not personal, it's strickly business.

Sections
Shortcuts