SERIOUSLY.. will this team channel its inner Ronda ROUSEY in the playoff clutch this year?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY.. will this team channel its inner Ronda ROUSEY in the playoff clutch this year?

Awesome, Commy brings in another subject I like, and yeah!  I can dig it!  I am all for the Pats bring in the intimidation and guns blazing approach.

But if you want to be taken serious here you need to stop acting like Rusty with all the false facts.  For instance, Ronda's last fight was not 20 seconds, it was over a minute.  And I don't think Cyborg is shaking right now.  I doubt Gina is shaking right now, I don't think Kat Zingano is shaking either.  They are pro fighters.

And hold on a minute, Ronda isn't close to being 2nd to Mayweather in PPV.  You have Cain, Jon Jones, GSP and Anderson Silva all ahead of her.  But since GSP is all but officially retired and Anderson on the mend there are still fighters ahead of her on the PPV draw.  Currently Jon Jones is the man!

So while I understand the message of you post, you could have done it with out adding in the false facts.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY.. will this team channel its inner Ronda ROUSEY in the playoff clutch this year?

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the commy often checks and rechecks every single sentence he posts.. so yep, i will give it to u on the length of her last fight, too lazy to double check.. as for ppv numbers, comrade lebatard repeated it like 50 times in his awesome interview with her (check out espn radio or itunes).. both confirmed it and ran actual numbers. he even said they should have a fight to c who was really #1 with dan asking how it would turn out? so there....

"Bringing Boston-Strong vodka to team-hating jabronis and da Comrade-Soft Kool-aid Party!"

..and that's da Bawston SPORTS bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES...

Follow da Commy on Twitter: @commyCon, @commyConSox, @commyConPats, @commyConCeltics, and @CommyConImages (got any Boston sports imagery to share?)

[/QUOTE]

Numbers don't lie Commy, Rousey was the featured as the main event of 1 card (UFC 157) and Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer reports that the show did in the 400,000-450,000 sales range.

UFC 158 with GSP has the main event (no Ronda Rousey on the card) the ppv sales were 950,000.

Silva - Weidman 1 did 550,000 buys at UFC 162

GSP - Hendricks did  630,000 ppv buys at UFC 167

She was the co main event Saturday night with Weidman vs Machida.  I have no idea where you get Rousey as being the biggest draw next to Mayweather.  Lebatard is a joke, maybe you should look on the web, apparently he doesn't, the numbers are all out there.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

r there no other numbers? ppv is just one basis.. and talking in totality, not just one or 2. since she came on the scene... q-rating, demand and so forth.... if u asked the casual observer who any1 of the jabros u mentioned were, they would have no idea. kind of like saying Puig is the second biggest draw in baseball and u telling me how Pujols has done or throwing in bryce harper or Lester.. same with football.. TB is bigger than any ticket sales in itself, he's known by non-football fans. the casual fan like with soccer is the key for expansion.. heck ask the GOP how it is not to have huge q-ratings outside ur diehard base nationally.

I am a huge, huge Ronda Rousey fan, she is remarkable.... But no, there really aren't any other numbers then PPV numbers.  That is where the real money comes from, that is how they determine the success of the show.  Rousey isn't at Gina Carano level in popularity.  Gina was/is more known then Rousey, Gina was liked much better so more people knew her.  Rousey might reach that level some day, especially now doing movies but she isn't there yet.  Jon Jones, GSP, Anderson Silva are much more known to the casual fan then Ronda Rousey.  Jon Jones, GSP, Anderson Silva and any HW championship fight are bigger draws then Rousey.  Numbers don't lie, take a few minutes and check them out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

I'm all for the Pats throwing everything but the kitchen sink at every single opponent, but comparing them to a female MMA fighter? That's a stretch to me. Rousey is good no doubt but let be honest here. She a big fish in a very small pond. I will say with fighters like Rousey and Cyborg,  the female circuit is definitely taking a turn for the better. Let's hope they pave the way for better talent to come and it doesn't stay mediocre like the WNBA. Go Pats! 

Sections
Shortcuts