SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football? BOUNTYGATE proof EXPOSED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football? BOUNTYGATE proof EXPOSED!

lost in all the hoopla over the saints and seau's demise is the real hit the nfl and football in general is taking all over the country esp from the ground level. many moms (not this forum's core contributors i'm presuming) are no longer signing up their kids for football. many insurers now are shying away from insuring football programs at the high school level or dramatically raising their premiums. increasingly this is causing a lot of scholls and communities to simply opt out of the activity all together. there is something fundamentally wrong here. in recent days  gladiators like kurt warner, dorsey levens and even takeo spikes have all gone on record and said there's no way in helll they would ever allow their kids to play contact football.. period!

contact football is fast going the way of boxing or the military rank and file. soon, all the white middle class guys will opt out and just the poor or those from immediate inner city or rural backgrounds will opt in. mostly latinos and african-americans. this cant be good for the brand. this is y all you clowns knocking goody is so wrong. the product as it is simply will have no future. levins has a documentary film coming out where he talks to thousands of ex-nfl'ers. he was on d and c on weei and said its chilling and far worse than most can even imagine. he met so many guys he played with who now do not leave their homes. a few spend 23 hours or so just in a dark room all by themselves. noone can reach them, everyone's on edge around them. almost every linebacker or fullback he knows has memory loss (about 90%) and concussion issues. hip and knee replacements are the norm.

in fact dorsey said if he were playing right now and he saw a safety or cornerback coming towards him, he would gladly jump out of bounds and save the hit. he said he's on the healthy list yet he gets headaches himself and has sporadic memory issues. dorsey played fullback for a while. he feels he conservatively had 3 to 4 concussions a game! he thinks he actually suffered 20 concussions per week. why? he always had headaches and got dinged yet everyone just ignored it and said do it again after he got dinged in drills. he's done the most comprehensive research on the subject, talked to the most experts and because he played more athletes have been willing to talk to him.

a ding is simply a convenient route of avoiding the term "comcussion". same with "having my bell rung:.. he's learned that it is not normal. what really shocked him is whats happening at the middle and junior high school levels. the consequences are far WORSE there. they dont have high priced medical personnel on staff and limitless health insurance. he interviewed hundreds of high school footballers with severe memory and personality loss issues. they dont get to wear the newer, more expensive shock-absorbent helmets either. dorsey pointed out that he knew junior and the last time they talked, junior actually admitted that he played most of his career with severe headaches and just normalized it. seau officially NEVER suffered a concussion, just like so many now suing the nfl and suffering all over the country at all levels. you know, they just got their bells rung and dinged here and there at practice, thru drills and in games.

like seau, most just kept on playing. as the new research has clearly shown, esp with cte, unique clumpy crystals can clearly be seen in the brains of the likes of dave duerson. unfortunately, its so far undetectable until you die and they can cut open your brain. the bottom folks is that the day is soon coming where the conversation will go from concussion recovery to concussion avoidance. this means our great game will have to change..period! yes, it will look more like flag football where collisions esp to the head are avoided at all costs. once a knee hits the ground, the guy is down. you cant come into contact with the head of
    the running back, receiver and of course the qb under ANY circumstances. most of all, the day is coming (as soon mandated by congress, insurance companies like with seat belt laws, mommies and lawyers) that no tackler will be allowed to to lead with his head to make tackles... period.

the day is soon coming where d-linemen putting their  knuckles on the ground  and bullrushing into offensive linemen will be a thing of the past (thats a lot of trauma and torque to the head right there). yep, in a short while everyone will be standing up, and there will be no more kickoffs as we now know it. frankly guys i played 10 years in a flag football league and i think a lot of those rules could work at the pro level. the game as we know it simply has too many consequences to last much longer based on simple logic. and no, i will not have my kids playing full contact football... ever!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football?

No, I encourage my kids to play Xbox all day and hope they grew up to be florists in New Hampshire who walk to work on well lit sidewalks because they don't have a drivers license. I also make them wear beekeeper suits and helmets anytime they go outside. I feel that if my children die 95 year old virgins with no scars than I'll have done my job.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Yes I would. All we hear about are the ones who are having "issues" after thier careers are over. Do we hear about the----majority of players-----who are doing fine? No we dont.
      Don't blame football. Genetics plays the biggest role in these type of injurys. This is way over blown, and it's people like you that perpetuate it. If you want to change  something, then advocate better medical screening.
       PS. I know ALOT of kids and adults with serious "head injurys" who never played a contact sport in thier entire lives".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

the only thing I don't care for about competitive sports for children nowadays is that there are a few coaches that are teaching their players to purposely injure (i.e., going after knees) opponents. This is a fact.

Instead of promoting a healthy environment of of tough competition with some integrity...

my 2 cents...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football?:
    [QUOTE]the only thing I don't care for about competitive sports for children nowadays is that there are a few coaches that are teaching their players to purposely injure (i.e., going after knees) opponents. This is a fact. Instead of promoting a healthy environment of of tough competition with some integrity... my 2 cents...
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]
      Totally agree. "if proven" thats when a bunch of the dads get together and take this said coach, and break both of his legs. Problem solved.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

My son played youth football for the last 4 years and suffered a concussion last year (his first) while catching a pass and slamming his head on the turf. The good new is that he's fine. I was on the sideline as a volunteer helping when it happened (doing the chains)...he looked a little woosey coming off the field but I thought he might have just "lost his wind"...I watched as his coach talked to him to see if he was ok and after sitting out a few plays was sent in to play linebacker on defesne. So I thought that he had indeed just simply lost his breath...He played the last two series on defesne where he made two tackles...When the game ended, he and the coach were once again talking with one another...So I approached them to see if he was ok and much to my dismay I looked in to his eyes and saw that his pupils were the size of pin heads and he was visabally shaking...I was pretty upset because cleary he had a concussion and in hindsight he played the last two series with one.... 

That was his last game and he's not likely to ever play football again....Not because of any lingering effect from the concussion but due to the risk of another and more so what I find more troubling is that given the current awareness and focus on the short and longterm effects of concussions. That youth football leagues don't require an independant officail to administer test on players and instead leave it to the judgment of coaches. Who clearly aren't qualified and in heat of battle in the interest of winning. Often talk themselves into overlooking the obvious symtoms...

Since were only given one brain...in the end. As a parent, I'm not willing to gamble his future given the current lack of qualified doctors or nurses on the sidelines at youth football games...

That said, while the odds of getting a concussion is higher in football than in any other sport. Recently a female hs soccor player passed away from a concussion from heading the ball...Her parents and her coaches never admisitered nor suspected that she had a concussion...that night she passed in her sleep...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

It would depend almost wholly on whether or not he had any feel at all for the putter....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Injuries are going to mount.  Guys are still getting bigger, stronger and faster.  And when you throw in a few thugs you have a disaster in the making.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I think a lot of mom's are going to say no to football. Considering that a HIGH SCHOOL in Texas paid 60 million dollars for a football stadium. I think it's safe to say that the impact of concussions on football in football country is going to be minimal. Fanatics are not easily changed. 

60 million of a high school stadium? Really......
    but education is the most important priority they all say. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Probably not

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Nice post and a couple of points:
    1. There is research pointing to: the earlier in life a consussion occurs, the more likely permanent damage occurs. Playing full contact football at 10 just doesn't make sense.
    2. While helmets and shoulder pads are meant as protection for the player, they also become a weapon. Hitting someone with hard plastic is like bare knuckle boxing. They also make people feel 'invincible'. Very few people are going to 'lead with their head' if they don't have a helmet on. Not sure where that leads, but ... be interesting to see what would happen if youth games did away with shoulder pads and hard helmets - let them wear a soft helmet to protect against contact with the ground?
    3. Rugby is a very 'violent' sport, but played in shorts and jersey, and some players in the scrum wear a leather cap to protect their ears from being torn off. Shoulder tackling is allowed only from armpit to groin - higher/lower is a penalty (as is leading with your head I think.) You still have violent collisions, but they are at least 'safer'. Those kinds of tackling rules would make a big difference not only to concusions but to knee injuries.
    4. Any changes have to include penalties to offensive players - running backs and blockers lower their heads to initiate contact which is often where the worst helmet to helmet contact occurs. If it is illegal for the defender, it needs to be illegal for the offensive player too.
    5. Football used to be played on grass - now at the college and pro level half (?) of games are played on concrete with a rug thrown on top. A large number of concussions occur not from the initial hit but from the head making contact with the field. A frozen field in January may not be exactly soft, but it still isn't concrete. While everyone is talking about hits, no one wants to talk about the fields because astroturf and its siblings are a lot cheaper to maintain than grass, and it is hard to grow grass indoors. 'Turf' has also increased the number of ankle and knee injuries and created its own named injury - turf toe.
    6. I think the last 30 years in the US have seen an explosion of 'sports parents' - correlating to the rise in professional salaries and college tuition. It probably started on the tennis courts, but has spread to every youth sport. While playing sports is great for kids, it used to be done primarily for exercise and just plain fun. Youth sports have now turned in big business and parents are pushing junior to earn his/her first big contract - the college scholarship worth upwards of $150,000 in some cases. And a whole industry of leagues, scouts, rating services, tournaments, and sports equipment has been built up around this business. It is not only coaches, but parents as well that are losing site of the most important thing - juniors health and wellbeing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

i'm not saying that concussions and head injurys arent real, but i think everyone is going over the top with it. fifteen years ago if a player said my head hurts i might have concussion, maybe i should sit the rest of the game the coach would have laughed in his face. But now all of a sudden things are more serious? I dont htink the injurys are more severe now than they were 20 years ago, i just think the league, and the players are that much softer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football?:
    [QUOTE]i'm not saying that concussions and head injurys arent real, but i think everyone is going over the top with it. fifteen years ago if a player said my head hurts i might have concussion, maybe i should sit the rest of the game the coach would have laughed in his face. But now all of a sudden things are more serious? I dont htink the injurys are more severe now than they were 20 years ago, i just think the league, and the players are that much softer.
    Posted by p-dogg81[/QUOTE]
    No one is saying the injuries are worse than they used to be - the change is that there is now significant medical research linking concussion to long term health issues. There have always been a large number of retired players with concussion related issues - it is only recently though that the connection has been made between those issues and concussions.
    On a side note - one of the things that I think was really criminal in the way the NFLPA acted was their lack of concern for the older generation of NFL players who played for peanuts and really needed some financial support when the players started making big bucks. They were really late to that party, in supporting the guys that built the league.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Nice post and a couple of points: ...
    Posted by mia76[/QUOTE]

1. There is research pointing to: the earlier in life a consussion occurs, the more likely permanent damage occurs. Playing full contact football at 10 just doesn't make sense. 

2. While helmets and shoulder pads are meant as protection for the player, they also become a weapon. Hitting someone with hard plastic is like bare knuckle boxing. They also make people feel 'invincible'. Very few people are going to 'lead with their head' if they don't have a helmet on. Not sure where that leads, but ... be interesting to see what would happen if youth games did away with shoulder pads and hard helmets - let them wear a soft helmet to protect against contact with the ground? 

Interesting take. the pads and hard helmets give a false sense of safety, because it reduces the likelihood of players getting bloody. Feeling of invincibility leads to recklessness. 

3. Rugby is a very 'violent' sport, but played in shorts and jersey, and some players in the scrum wear a leather cap to protect their ears from being torn off. Shoulder tackling is allowed only from armpit to groin - higher/lower is a penalty (as is leading with your head I think.) You still have violent collisions, but they are at least 'safer'. Those kinds of tackling rules would make a big difference not only to concusions but to knee injuries. 

an angle i have not considered before but there may be something in rugby that cold be applied. the question is whether head injuries happen less in rugby.

4. Any changes have to include penalties to offensive players - running backs and blockers lower their heads to initiate contact which is often where the worst helmet to helmet contact occurs. If it is illegal for the defender, it needs to be illegal for the offensive player too. 5. Football used to be played on grass - now at the college and pro level half (?) of games are played on concrete with a rug thrown on top. A large number of concussions occur not from the initial hit but from the head making contact with the field. A frozen field in January may not be exactly soft, but it still isn't concrete. While everyone is talking about hits, no one wants to talk about the fields because astroturf and its siblings are a lot cheaper to maintain than grass, and it is hard to grow grass indoors. 'Turf' has also increased the number of ankle and knee injuries and created its own named injury - turf toe. 6. I think the last 30 years in the US have seen an explosion of 'sports parents' - correlating to the rise in professional salaries and college tuition. It probably started on the tennis courts, but has spread to every youth sport. While playing sports is great for kids, it used to be done primarily for exercise and just plain fun. Youth sports have now turned in big business and parents are pushing junior to earn his/her first big contract - the college scholarship worth upwards of $150,000 in some cases. And a whole industry of leagues, scouts, rating services, tournaments, and sports equipment has been built up around this business. It is not only coaches, but parents as well that are losing site of the most important thing - juniors health and wellbeing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football?": [QUOTE]Nice post and a couple of points: 1. There is research pointing to: the earlier in life a consussion occurs, the more likely permanent damage occurs. Playing full contact football at 10 just doesn't make sense. 2. While helmets and shoulder pads are meant as protection for the player, they also become a weapon. Hitting someone with hard plastic is like bare knuckle boxing. They also make people feel 'invincible'. Very few people are going to 'lead with their head' if they don't have a helmet on. Not sure where that leads, but ... be interesting to see what would happen if youth games did away with shoulder pads and hard helmets - let them wear a soft helmet to protect against contact with the ground? 3. Rugby is a very 'violent' sport, but played in shorts and jersey, and some players in the scrum wear a leather cap to protect their ears from being torn off. Shoulder tackling is allowed only from armpit to groin - higher/lower is a penalty (as is leading with your head I think.) You still have violent collisions, but they are at least 'safer'. Those kinds of tackling rules would make a big difference not only to concusions but to knee injuries. 4. Any changes have to include penalties to offensive players - running backs and blockers lower their heads to initiate contact which is often where the worst helmet to helmet contact occurs. If it is illegal for the defender, it needs to be illegal for the offensive player too. 5. Football used to be played on grass - now at the college and pro level half (?) of games are played on concrete with a rug thrown on top. A large number of concussions occur not from the initial hit but from the head making contact with the field. A frozen field in January may not be exactly soft, but it still isn't concrete. While everyone is talking about hits, no one wants to talk about the fields because astroturf and its siblings are a lot cheaper to maintain than grass, and it is hard to grow grass indoors. 'Turf' has also increased the number of ankle and knee injuries and created its own named injury - turf toe. 6. I think the last 30 years in the US have seen an explosion of 'sports parents' - correlating to the rise in professional salaries and college tuition. It probably started on the tennis courts, but has spread to every youth sport. While playing sports is great for kids, it used to be done primarily for exercise and just plain fun. Youth sports have now turned in big business and parents are pushing junior to earn his/her first big contract - the college scholarship worth upwards of $150,000 in some cases. And a whole industry of leagues, scouts, rating services, tournaments, and sports equipment has been built up around this business. It is not only coaches, but parents as well that are losing site of the most important thing - juniors health and wellbeing. Posted by mia76[/QUOTE] One thing I would say about ten year olds, if you've seen them play they aren't getting concussions. They weigh 75 pounds and are so slow they could run into a brick wall without creating enough force to do any damage. The dangers mainly exist with full grown, fast men where the speed of collisions causes an exponentially higher force. I thing this really becomes an issue in HS football and gets worse as the athletes get better. But IMO, about the time the dangers become serious is about the time you have adults who are should be capable of making their own decisions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

I think that one item not being mentioned so far that plays a big impact in all of this is steroids.  Human growth hormone could be added in as well. It is a known fact that steroids will not only make you more explosive and stronger, but much meaner as well.  A person on steroids would think nothing of whacking someone vulnerable right in the head.  I don't know how easy it is to get around drug testing in the NFL buy would think there must be some doing it.  At the high school level it would really put someone at an advantage.

In regards to today's players not being as tough as years ago, a person on steroids today would (unless a trained fighter) probably beat the dayllights out of some old timers that were not on the juice years ago.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I played contact football from age 8 and in high school.  The only thing my parents worried about was me getting paralyzed so I had to wear one of those white padded neck collars.  I played RB, QB, Safety and LB and don't believe I ever suffered a concusion.  I do remember one hit in HS where I blacked out for a second or two. So maybe I had one there, never tested so I will never know.

I have a son currently playing HS football, will be playing his 6th year of contact football this season.  He plays the slot position and has taken some good hits over the years.  Last year he took one that worried me but he jumped right up.  I won't deny it, I was concerned when I watched that hit happen.  I will be nervous these next two years of HS football but really, what are you going to do? 

There is risk to everything we do.  If we are afraid of everything we do then we might as well stay locked up in the house.

I think safety should start with drug testing.  There are only two HS in my area who do mandatory drug testing, my son's HS is one of those schools.  I wish all schools would drug test.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]...  I do remember one hit in HS where I blacked out for a second or two. So maybe I had one there, never tested so I will never know. ...
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

that explains a lot...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

very nice responses and interaction comrades.. for the one or two guys still in a cave, thats the problem. yep, its about being soft.. really? dorsey levens actually played the game. his point is he was never concerned about concussions til AFTER he did the research. i'm sure a lot of the flat earthers and climate change denyers and evolution refuters are in on this concussion thing. just being soft, not wanting to take risks.. really? fact is the MAJORITY of the participants have an issue. as someone rightfully said, the damage from hitting the turf is often even WORSE than from collisions. hitting the back of the head is often far worse than the front. same with boxing, thats y guys falling from knockouts actually get worse consequences than those from the initial hit or just from hitting. i know folks with epilepsy who now have cte like symptoms due to the repeated consequences of falling from seizures.

the best thing i learned that i totally ignored was the rugby model. goody should get right on it. i actually played the sport. its the most physical and best rush i have received from any sport incl football, soccer and lacrosse. there are no helmets. i NEVER saw or suspected a concussion in all the years i have played. even now, when i watch australian rules football (rugby), i seldom if ever, notice clear cases of concussions. thats because noone is lulled into a fake sense of machismo with the helmet thing and there is a very limited contact zone. guys also know how to fall. as in basketball when i played, there are drills designed to teach folks how to fall like with stuntmen and professional wrestlers. its an art and skillset.  that should be the nfl model.

as for soccer, interestingly, its the WORSE of all the sports incl football when it comes to concussions and cte. in italy for example, almost 90 percent of their national team players from just a few years back have cte issues. they are getting ALS at an alarming rate. thats because of heading the ball. there is more torque and power to the head area in one header than in almost anything that happens to a football player by comparison. you figure that kids as young as 6 or 8 are taught or encouraged to head the ball and those numbers just explode. the consequences of these things have always been there, folks have just ignored them or blamed them on drugs or other red herrings. its inherent in the sports themselves. i would rather my kid play rugby, lacrosse, basketball or even baseball (threat of beaning) than soccer or football. you must do the research and get the facts before you can make an educated decision.

lastly, with nfl'rs, one major consequence with all these brain issues is what happens with these guys' wallets. its worse than with any other major sport. 90% of all nfl'rs who earn more than 15m are bankrupt or in poverty within 5 years of retiring. overall, 80% of them lose their wealth. one reason is that the nfl has no long term care program for ex-players despite all the evidence most will need it, be it for concussions or the multiple surgeries the MAJORITY will need related to the football careers. to say adults must be accountable and make choices like with the no helmet tough guys... who ends up paying for all their "freedom" when they bust their heads on concrete? oh yep, the taxpayers!

thus, we all have a reason to make sure the nfl and footabll in general is far safer at every level as well as at the medical and coaching contexts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]My son played youth football for the last 4 years and suffered a concussion last year (his first) while catching a pass and slamming his head on the turf. The good new is that he's fine. I was on the sideline as a volunteer
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]great decision comrade. its not just about the hit (stuff happens) its the cumulative impact. esp if your son is good, can you trust that coach to use his bettter instincts in the future? look at guys like kerry wood or mark prior with baseball.. their high school coaches essentially abused them. talking 200 pitches in a game or double header. pitching 11 innings, multiple times in a week and so forth. a lot of these coaches come from the old he-man culture. yep, get back in there.. even worse, lets ask a 15 yo in front of his peers if he's tough enough to go back in the game? of course he'll say yes to avoid looking week in front of his peers or even his college recruiters. you should have an independent doctor or even health-based volunteer on every sideline.. period!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

If someone offered me a deal where I could play football again for the rest of my life, but I'd die at age 40, I'd do it in a heartbeat and not think twice about it

I had 5+ concussions.  I never missed a minute because of any of them and men with guns on wild horses couldn't have stopped me

It's a risk you take to do something you love.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I encourage my kids to play sports, and music and any other things of extra curricular value including the sport of football. Now My son who is 18 and graduating high school is a FB/TE and also plays ILB or Free Safety as well as Baseball and has a couple colleges to decide on for football scholarships in Div.I and one Div. IAA.  My daughter who is younger plays Soccer and Softball. Both are very well rounded and I believe sports has fostered an environment for them to succeed just as it did for me. 
    Now with my son I have made sure he always plays the correct way and protects himself as well as those he plays with and against. Is it certain that he will not suffer some sort of injury...No. but neither is it certain he wouldn't in life anyway.  I also believe as an individual you need to take responsibility and when you have an injury like a concussion you need to make sure you are healed before you step back on the field and on top of that if you have multiple you need to hang the cleats up.
    That is made easier by making sure Football is not your only life. That is where so many of these guys made the wrong turn.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]that explains a lot...
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]
    LOL!  At least someone reads my posts!  And you may be on to something here!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I encourage my kids to play sports, and music and any other things of extra curricular value including the sport of football. Now My son who is 18 and graduating high school is a FB/TE and also plays ILB or Free Safety as well as Baseball and has a couple colleges to decide on for football scholarships in Div.I and one Div. IAA.  My daughter who is younger plays Soccer and Softball. Both are very well rounded and I believe sports has fostered an environment for them to succeed just as it did for me.  Now with my son I have made sure he always plays the correct way and protects himself as well as those he plays with and against. Is it certain that he will not suffer some sort of injury...No. but neither is it certain he wouldn't in life anyway.  I also believe as an individual you need to take responsibility and when you have an injury like a concussion you need to make sure you are healed before you step back on the field and on top of that if you have multiple you need to hang the cleats up. That is made easier by making sure Football is not your only life. That is where so many of these guys made the wrong turn.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE] fyi.. for anyone agreeing with your kids playing with concussions, just remember this is fat rex's position as well. his son in high school just got dinged in a big way. rex will let him play next year "with caution". likely this kid wont advance beyond the high school level but it is interesting that rexy will let him stick with it for another year.