SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football? BOUNTYGATE proof EXPOSED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football?

The bigger question should be will this board continue to allow contrarian-commies to post on it?In Response to SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football?:
    lost in all the hoopla over the saints and seau's demise is the real hit the nfl and football in general is taking all over the country esp from the ground level. many moms (not this forum's core contributors i'm presuming) are no longer signing up their kids for football. many insurers now are shying away from insuring football programs at the high school level or dramatically raising their premiums. increasingly this is causing a lot of scholls and communities to simply opt out of the activity all together. there is something fundamentally wrong here. in recent days  gladiators like kurt warner, dorsey levens and even takeo spikes have all gone on record and said there's no way in helll they would ever allow their kids to play contact football.. period! contact football is fast going the way of boxing or the military rank and file. soon, all the white middle class guys will opt out and just the poor or those from immediate inner city or rural backgrounds will opt in. mostly latinos and african-americans. this cant be good for the brand. this is y all you clowns knocking goody is so wrong. the product as it is simply will have no future. levins has a documentary film coming out where he talks to thousands of ex-nfl'ers. he was on d and c on weei and said its chilling and far worse than most can even imagine. he met so many guys he played with who now do not leave their homes. a few spend 23 hours or so just in a dark room all by themselves. noone can reach them, everyone's on edge around them. almost every linebacker or fullback he knows has memory loss (about 90%) and concussion issues. hip and knee replacements are the norm. in fact dorsey said if he were playing right now and he saw a safety or cornerback coming towards him, he would gladly jump out of bounds and save the hit. he said he's on the healthy list yet he gets headaches himself and has sporadic memory issues. dorsey played fullback for a while. he feels he conservatively had 3 to 4 concussions a game! he thinks he actually suffered 20 concussions per week. why? he always had headaches and got dinged yet everyone just ignored it and said do it again after he got dinged in drills. he's done the most comprehensive research on the subject, talked to the most experts and because he played more athletes have been willing to talk to him. a ding is simply a convenient route of avoiding the term "comcussion". same with "having my bell rung:.. he's learned that it is not normal. what really shocked him is whats happening at the middle and junior high school levels. the consequences are far WORSE there. they dont have high priced medical personnel on staff and limitless health insurance. he interviewed hundreds of high school footballers with severe memory and personality loss issues. they dont get to wear the newer, more expensive shock-absorbent helmets either. dorsey pointed out that he knew junior and the last time they talked, junior actually admitted that he played most of his career with severe headaches and just normalized it. seau officially NEVER suffered a concussion, just like so many now suing the nfl and suffering all over the country at all levels. you know, they just got their bells rung and dinged here and there at practice, thru drills and in games. like seau, most just kept on playing. as the new research has clearly shown, esp with cte, unique clumpy crystals can clearly be seen in the brains of the likes of dave duerson. unfortunately, its so far undetectable until you die and they can cut open your brain. the bottom folks is that the day is soon coming where the conversation will go from concussion recovery to concussion avoidance. this means our great game will have to change..period! yes, it will look more like flag football where collisions esp to the head are avoided at all costs. once a knee hits the ground, the guy is down. you cant come into contact with the head of the running back, receiver and of course the qb under ANY circumstances. most of all, the day is coming (as soon mandated by congress, insurance companies like with seat belt laws, mommies and lawyers) that no tackler will be allowed to to lead with his head to make tackles... period. the day is soon coming where d-linemen putting their  knuckles on the ground  and bullrushing into offensive linemen will be a thing of the past (thats a lot of trauma and torque to the head right there). yep, in a short while everyone will be standing up, and there will be no more kickoffs as we now know it. frankly guys i played 10 years in a flag football league and i think a lot of those rules could work at the pro level. the game as we know it simply has too many consequences to last much longer based on simple logic. and no, i will not have my kids playing full contact football... ever!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football?:
    In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football? : fyi.. for anyone agreeing with your kids playing with concussions, just remember this is fat rex's position as well. his son in high school just got dinged in a big way. rex will let him play next year "with caution". likely this kid wont advance beyond the high school level but it is interesting that rexy will let him stick with it for another year.

What are you saying? Do you want to ban football?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football?:
    I encourage my kids to play sports, and music and any other things of extra curricular value including the sport of football. Now My son who is 18 and graduating high school is a FB/TE and also plays ILB or Free Safety as well as Baseball and has a couple colleges to decide on for football scholarships in Div.I and one Div. IAA.  My daughter who is younger plays Soccer and Softball. Both are very well rounded and I believe sports has fostered an environment for them to succeed just as it did for me.  Now with my son I have made sure he always plays the correct way and protects himself as well as those he plays with and against. Is it certain that he will not suffer some sort of injury...No. but neither is it certain he wouldn't in life anyway.  I also believe as an individual you need to take responsibility and when you have an injury like a concussion you need to make sure you are healed before you step back on the field and on top of that if you have multiple you need to hang the cleats up. That is made easier by making sure Football is not your only life. That is where so many of these guys made the wrong turn.
    Posted by DaBlade

Like the attitude! Sports are great for kids and if the choice is x-box/TV/Internet vs. getting out and running around, the later is by far the better option. And as you say - anyone can walk into a bus at any time, so better to live life to the full than worry about every possible danger. But proportion is good in everything and knowing when to walk away, and having other options is important. Good luck to your kids.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

If someone offered me a deal where I could play football again for the rest of my life, but I'd die at age 40, I'd do it in a heartbeat and not think twice about it I had 5+ concussions.  I never missed a minute because of any of them and men with guns on wild horses couldn't have stopped me It's a risk you take to do something you love.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

that's sir is your choice and it's not my place to question your freedom to choose to jump from a bridge if you care too...

The issue as far as I am concerned is with Youth Football and not at the higher levels...Even though they have in recent years increased the awareness of the dangers of concussions at the youth level, they have not IMHO implented a system to protect the players from coaches. Dad's like you and me that are not qualified too or in the interest of winning many look the other way when a young boy shows the signs of a concussion.

I'm all for freeedom of choice and those that have the ability to play professional or college football. Who are adults and understand the risk, are choosing to play the game...more power to them. Those of us that trust that thier sons and daughters playing youth footbal are in good hands I caution them. Cleary head trauma is a seriuos issue or it wouldn't have taken on such a high profile in the last 4 or 5 years...bottom line is kids are dying, due to the ignorance of and the lack of properly managing head trauma's at the youth level.

Raising awareness and "mandating" that all youth football coaches teach the kids "how to tackle" does not IMHO do enough to protect the coaches form themselves...it is due to that, that my son likely will never play football again, not the fear of a concussion, rather the fear that he will be encouraged to "s_ck it up" and get back in the game...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football?:
    lost in all the hoopla over the saints and seau's demise is the real hit the nfl and football in general is taking all over the country esp from the ground level. many moms (not this forum's core contributors i'm presuming) are no longer signing up their kids for football. many insurers now are shying away from insuring football programs at the high school level or dramatically raising their premiums. increasingly this is causing a lot of scholls and communities to simply opt out of the activity all together. there is something fundamentally wrong here. in recent days  gladiators like kurt warner, dorsey levens and even takeo spikes have all gone on record and said there's no way in helll they would ever allow their kids to play contact football.. period! contact football is fast going the way of boxing or the military rank and file. soon, all the white middle class guys will opt out and just the poor or those from immediate inner city or rural backgrounds will opt in. mostly latinos and african-americans. this cant be good for the brand. this is y all you clowns knocking goody is so wrong. the product as it is simply will have no future. levins has a documentary film coming out where he talks to thousands of ex-nfl'ers. he was on d and c on weei and said its chilling and far worse than most can even imagine. he met so many guys he played with who now do not leave their homes. a few spend 23 hours or so just in a dark room all by themselves. noone can reach them, everyone's on edge around them. almost every linebacker or fullback he knows has memory loss (about 90%) and concussion issues. hip and knee replacements are the norm. in fact dorsey said if he were playing right now and he saw a safety or cornerback coming towards him, he would gladly jump out of bounds and save the hit. he said he's on the healthy list yet he gets headaches himself and has sporadic memory issues. dorsey played fullback for a while. he feels he conservatively had 3 to 4 concussions a game! he thinks he actually suffered 20 concussions per week. why? he always had headaches and got dinged yet everyone just ignored it and said do it again after he got dinged in drills. he's done the most comprehensive research on the subject, talked to the most experts and because he played more athletes have been willing to talk to him. a ding is simply a convenient route of avoiding the term "comcussion". same with "having my bell rung:.. he's learned that it is not normal. what really shocked him is whats happening at the middle and junior high school levels. the consequences are far WORSE there. they dont have high priced medical personnel on staff and limitless health insurance. he interviewed hundreds of high school footballers with severe memory and personality loss issues. they dont get to wear the newer, more expensive shock-absorbent helmets either. dorsey pointed out that he knew junior and the last time they talked, junior actually admitted that he played most of his career with severe headaches and just normalized it. seau officially NEVER suffered a concussion, just like so many now suing the nfl and suffering all over the country at all levels. you know, they just got their bells rung and dinged here and there at practice, thru drills and in games. like seau, most just kept on playing. as the new research has clearly shown, esp with cte, unique clumpy crystals can clearly be seen in the brains of the likes of dave duerson. unfortunately, its so far undetectable until you die and they can cut open your brain. the bottom folks is that the day is soon coming where the conversation will go from concussion recovery to concussion avoidance. this means our great game will have to change..period! yes, it will look more like flag football where collisions esp to the head are avoided at all costs. once a knee hits the ground, the guy is down. you cant come into contact with the head of the running back, receiver and of course the qb under ANY circumstances. most of all, the day is coming (as soon mandated by congress, insurance companies like with seat belt laws, mommies and lawyers) that no tackler will be allowed to to lead with his head to make tackles... period. the day is soon coming where d-linemen putting their  knuckles on the ground  and bullrushing into offensive linemen will be a thing of the past (thats a lot of trauma and torque to the head right there). yep, in a short while everyone will be standing up, and there will be no more kickoffs as we now know it. frankly guys i played 10 years in a flag football league and i think a lot of those rules could work at the pro level. the game as we know it simply has too many consequences to last much longer based on simple logic. and no, i will not have my kids playing full contact football... ever!

I GUESS MY QUESTIONS WOULD BE TO YOU:

What happened to the idea of living your life to the fullest?
    What happened with the thought of allowing our children to follow their dreams and be successful?
    What happened to the concept of NOT fearing the unknown?

I am sorry.. but as far as I am concerned those that are sissies go through a longer life without enjoying some of the most wonderful things that life has to offer.
    I understand the concern of playing "full contact" football could lead to you having extensive injuries and shortening your life.... HOWEVER the word is "COULD"....   Just imagine everything our kids must be protected from.

I hate it when one person ( or group) tries to eliminate the need for thought and decision from any individual....

In Calif. there are cities that have OUTLAWED Happy Meals for Children at McDonald's....  WHY?  For the same ingorant reason that is proposed here... it can hurt them in their later years....

Those in charge of the ignorant forget one thing..... at some point those that are being ruled WILL rise up and refuse to have their every thought and decision controlled by someone else.

WOULD I have told my child they could play full contact football.... YES!!!!  I taught them both how to ride a bike, a motorcyles, drive a car,  My oldest has climbed moutaine and rocksides... My youngest has swam a mile an a half from a boat out to sea back into the shore to prove that she could do so.... YES I WOULD TELL MY CHILDREN TO PLAY FULL CONTACT FOOTBALL... if that is what they desired to do, I would sit with them explain the dangers of doing so, and tell them to enjoy the ride that they could get from experiencing another major thing in their life.

THOSE who prevent another from experiences that they desire based on their own fears are truly LOSERS in the game of life.

I sit and wonder to myself often where would this coutnry be if it were founded with a large number of LEFT leaning persons.  I am sorry, but those that I know that are Bold left leaning people always want to eliminate any possibility that they may be harmed from anything.  It goes beyond being careful to being downright silly.

SO would we have ever ventured into space?  Would we have stopped all space exploration when the first rocket blew up?  What about after the Challenger accident?  Would we have continued exploation of this new world (America) following the first time the Indians killed someone?  Would Louis and Clark explored westward had they been so bound by fear that they were afraid to take the next step?
    Would we be on our way to finding a cure for AIDS?... I mean no one knew at the beginning how the disease transferred... who would want to work with it in a petrie dish? 

IF You do not have the guts to conquer your fear then your fear will conquer you... You can sit in a home, and watch out thew window as the snow falls... or you can go an enjoy life.  WHo wants to go out the door the ground may be slippery and you'd fall getting a boo boo.

I would like to thank the Contrarian for asking this question.... HONESTLY.... THANK YOU.... Your inquiry allowed me to look back over my life and realize that because I am not afraid of my own shadow like many of today's Americans I have been able to see the world and enjoy things I never would.... My twqo children have been able to experience amazing things that they would never have experienced if they were too afraid to try because of the adverse consequences....  THANK YOU CONTRARIAN.... for showing me just how much we can enjoy when we do not fear everything in our lives...

OH HELL YEAH I WOULD LET MY KIDS PLAY.... I WOULD ALSO LET MY GRANDCHILDREN PLAY!   Life is what you make of it.... If you live it to the fullest and enjoy the ride... then it is what you wanted.  WHy live it like a doll sitting in a glass house?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to "Re: SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football?": One thing I would say about ten year olds, if you've seen them play they aren't getting concussions. They weigh 75 pounds and are so slow they could run into a brick wall without creating enough force to do any damage. The dangers mainly exist with full grown, fast men where the speed of collisions causes an exponentially higher force. I thing this really becomes an issue in HS football and gets worse as the athletes get better. But IMO, about the time the dangers become serious is about the time you have adults who are should be capable of making their own decisions.
    Posted by shenanigan

until they run up agains the 10 year old who weighs 150 lbs...lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

lol....selling the big lie....follow your dreams blah blah

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football? : LOL!  At least someone reads my posts!  And you may be on to something here!!
    Posted by TFB12

people enjoy our stuff, man

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I will tell you my opinion on why so many head injuries in NFL in particular...
    1, much bigger and stronger and faster guys making for more violent collisions then in the past.
    2, equipment is "better" to a degree then the equipment of the "old days" which gives some players a feeling of invincibility
    3, impropper technique and to a lessor degree head hunting culture. SOrry it was in more places then New Orleans, Buffalo, and Washington in my opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football? : that's sir is your choice and it's not my place to question your freedom to choose to jump from a bridge if you care too... The issue as far as I am concerned is with Youth Football and not at the higher levels...Even though they have in recent years increased the awareness of the dangers of concussions at the youth level, they have not IMHO implented a system to protect the players from coaches. Dad's like you and me that are not qualified too or in the interest of winning many look the other way when a young boy shows the signs of a concussion. I'm all for freeedom of choice and those that have the ability to play professional or college football. Who are adults and understand the risk, are choosing to play the game...more power to them. Those of us that trust that thier sons and daughters playing youth footbal are in good hands I caution them. Cleary head trauma is a seriuos issue or it wouldn't have taken on such a high profile in the last 4 or 5 years...bottom line is kids are dying, due to the ignorance of and the lack of properly managing head trauma's at the youth level. Raising awareness and "mandating" that all youth football coaches teach the kids "how to tackle" does not IMHO do enough to protect the coaches form themselves...it is due to that, that my son likely will never play football again, not the fear of a concussion, rather the fear that he will be encouraged to "s_ck it up" and get back in the game...
    Posted by Beantowne

I understand the sentiment, but I'm not close to being a father so perhaps I don't empathize as much as I should.  I'm 23.  I played for 11 years since I was 6 until I was an 18-year-old walk-on.  I probably had 5 concussions.  I didn't count.  I had a headache, but decided that I'd rather play and keep my spot as a starter for 8 of the 11 years I played.

Wear the safest equipment.  Pony up for the $400 custom-fitted mouthpiece (something I wish I had discovered sooner), get the Schutt DNA or Ridell Revolution or other new age helmet technology, get the lightweight shoulder pads and the ultra light cleats.

But expecting kids to admit to an injury and stop playing a game they love is almost as asinine as telling them not to play at all

This isn't jumping off of a bridge.  That's pathetic and ignorant and entirely uninformed.  It's doing something you love, and assuming the risks, which can be reduced if you get the safest equipment.

Odds are on your kid not making it to college or the NFL anyways, so they'd avoid the worst of it, enjoy the best of it, and in all likelihood enjoy a normal life.  The worst of the damage to these NFL players is during their time in the NFL taking the hardest hits from the fastest and strongest and biggest athletes.

Your kid is more likely to die in a car accident than he is from concussions.  Will you keep him at home forever?  Will he only walk and bike places?  Biking is pretty dangerous, too.  I'm dead serious.  Look up the concussion deaths versus the car accident deaths.  I bet even biking is more dangerous.  This is slightly snide, but mostly just honest.

Let your kid play football.  Do your best for him.  But if he loves the game, let him play.  He'll know whether it's for him or not anyways.  I'd bet a lot of kids who quit got their bells rung and decided they didn't like it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If someone offered me a deal where I could play football again for the rest of my life, but I'd die at age 40, I'd do it in a heartbeat and not think twice about it I had 5+ concussions.  I never missed a minute because of any of them and men with guns on wild horses couldn't have stopped me It's a risk you take to do something you love.

Ha!  But see if you still think that way when, like me, you're in your 50s!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

WEll, Well, well, you have blown the cover clear off the operation that I have running, so I just may as well let everyone know whats going on.

Not only would I let my son play football, we have created him for just that purpose, and will ride him all the way to the Gotham City Bank!!!!

2 years ago in a lab tucked secretly beneath the New England Patriots stadium, we combined a mixture of bull semen, creatine, every know steriod on the planet, Martha Stewarts DNA (for extra bitchiness) and a 8x10 picture of Rex Ryan, this way if he failed he could see he's not the biggest loser.

Lades and Gentleman,
     Feast your eyes on a picture of my 2 year old son in training. the Ultimate Hybrid. He will rip quaterbacks heads off with a flick of the wrist, crush all lineman under his size 47 boot,  do opposing teams cheerleaders 4 at a time......and all this "WITHOUT" a gawd damn helmet!!!

Let me introduce my son,
    """Lucious Von Spiffious Gona Do-Harmious Too All-ious"""
         or as his mommy calls him, "Pumpkin!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

It's doing something you love, and assuming the risks, which can be reduced if you get the safest equipment. Odds are on your kid not making it to college or the NFL anyways, so they'd avoid the worst of it, enjoy the best of it, and in all likelihood enjoy a normal life.  The worst of the damage to these NFL players is during their time in the NFL taking the hardest hits from the fastest and strongest and biggest athletes.

Traumatic brain injury from concussions and repeated blows to the head is not well understood. The research, particularly with long term studies, is relatively new.  Society is such that there are significant number of adults who don't assume the risk you speak of; especially if the outcome is bad. With the NFL, the question is - how much of the "damage" are the owners/league responsible for - and what is the accountability of the players?

if one becomes like Muhammed Ali (for example) at the age of 45; and you can't form rationale thoughts or ideas; I'm sure that someone close to you will think of litigation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football? :     What are you saying? Do you want to ban football?
    Posted by jerh5
    no. i just see it as i do pornography. i tend to like the art and research of it but have no intention of ever professionally or amteaurly participating on camera or having my daughter or any kid i know ever aspiring to it. i will just settle in as avoyeur, same with any kids i may have. its just dont worth the risk.. period. they can play hoops or baseball and so forth as a way to get out of the house. there is always risk in everything. with cycling, you risk having your knees or joints shot at a very early age and in need of some likely surgery. so what.. thats just a risk of being good. but with football, esp if you're really good, you're looking at dying by age 55, having multiple surgeries with your hip, knees, shoulders or back. you are looking at certain memory loss (80-90% of players with atleast 5 years in the game) and so forth. this is just nutts.

frankly, i would rather my kid get into mma or boxing then football. heck, even with soccer, they're safer. at least they know not to do too many headers. nor to practice them. if you can avoid or minimize that one aspect of the game, soccer's very safe. so again, noone is advocating being a safe monkey or living a riskless life. i'll just never advocate anyone i know and love and have accountability for to actually PARTICIPATE in contact football.

you think tommy brady's son will be following dad's footsteps? ha! or even bb's grandkids? its now a sport great to watch OTHER people's kids get their heads pounded in, just not YOURS! GOT IT?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I do agree that we seem to take the fun out of life in a lot of ways - I look at playgrounds now, and they are a lot safer, but sure don't look as fun as the old junglegym in the playground opf my youth. My favorite swimming hole is now closed because every five years or so, someone had a really bad accident there jumping off the rocks. And motorcyclists are always complaining of the loss of freedom to ride without a helmet.
    I certainly don't want to outlaw contact in football, but I do see the sense in changing some rules of contact, and of raising the bar in terms of concussion awareness and follow-up. Kids are not know for making the wisest decisions, so it is up to coaches, administrators, and parents to closely monitor contact sports and make sure that kids with 'suspected' concusions do not return to the field until they are fully recovered. In a team sport with ten or more collisions on every play and 22 players on the field, the task of monitoring is enormous. The obvious problems where a player is down or where he is unable to walk a straight line are pretty easy to see. But many concusions actually have little immediate effect - the bell rung, shake the head and get back at it kind can be just as bad. There is no easy solution to the monitoring of that many players in that many collisions, but raising awareness for everyone is important.
    And the legal ramifications at every level are frightening for coaches and organizers. It is not just the NFL that has a problem - they have the most money so they are the first target, but colleges and highschools, and amatuer leagues are just as volunerable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football? : no. i just see it as i do pornography. i tend to like the art and research of it but have no intention of ever professionally or amteaurly participating on camera or having my daughter or any kid i know ever aspiring to it. i will just settle in as avoyeur, same with any kids i may have. its just dont worth the risk.. period. they can play hoops or baseball and so forth as a way to get out of the house. there is always risk in everything. with cycling, you risk having your knees or joints shot at a very early age and in need of some likely surgery. so what.. thats just a risk of being good. but with football, esp if you're really good, you're looking at dying by age 55, having multiple surgeries with your hip, knees, shoulders or back. you are looking at certain memory loss (80-90% of players with atleast 5 years in the game) and so forth. this is just nutts. frankly, i would rather my kid get into mma or boxing then football. heck, even with soccer, they're safer. at least they know not to do too many headers. nor to practice them. if you can avoid or minimize that one aspect of the game, soccer's very safe. so again, noone is advocating being a safe monkey or living a riskless life. i'll just never advocate anyone i know and love and have accountability for to actually PARTICIPATE in contact football. you think tommy brady's son will be following dad's footsteps? ha! or even bb's grandkids? its now a sport great to watch OTHER people's kids get their heads pounded in, just not YOURS! GOT IT?

Well, we will just have agree to disagree. If my kids wanted to play, I would let them. As with anything, there would be stipulations and common sense involved. 
        With most everything in life, there are dangers. But if you live your life in a box, whats the point?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

yes. i believe we are babying children too much.  when i was a kid we didn't have all the padded playground equipment. we went down steel slides and there was gravel at the base, as opposed to the rubber padding they have now.  We played dodgeball! and went for the head!  we played full contact football at recess without pads.  kids are becoming weak! they need to learn how to take a fall/take a hit.  when my brother and i were fighting around the house my mom would tell us to take it to the basement (concrete floor) or to take it outside.  I wrestled for most of my childhood/young adult life.  I have had 5 concussions from my brother and from playing sports. I still will require my children to participate. I feel it builds character, provides valueable learning opportunities, builds friendships which last forever, and builds self confidence. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I have strictly forbidden my daughters from playing in the NFL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I have strictly forbidden my daughters from playing in the NFL.
    Posted by shenanigan

Me too!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I don.t understand why the NFL with all our modern technology can't construct a helmet that would reduce the impact of helmet to helmet hits--is it a money issue--because if they don't you won't be watching this version of the NFL in 3 years!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football? CRIS CARTER adds fuel to the fire!

carter has moved that curtain big time. again, talking perception here. this game just comes across as very barbaric and cavemanish. i believe cris at face value esp as it pertains to a romonowski. no doubt that guy has some serious PED and CTE issues. can see him targeting someone for injury. did he not do it with his own teammate? he was a loose cannon. no way a guy like this would last ONE season with a goody in charge and that's a great thing. just like in hockwy with a gretsky, it makes sense this is how the rices were able to play and retire with their health relatively in tact. carter stresses that he has no issues (except with deion branch but i digress) and never had a concussion. cris essentially paid his o-line to take out guys like romo in retaliation and in response to romo's threat.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY... would you allow your kids to play full-contact football? BOUNTYGATE proof EXPOSED!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7916984/prison-email-latest-disputed-evidence-new-orleans-saints-bounty-case

seriously, how is this even remotely funny? this guy is a convicted felon and noone thought it was wrong or odd that he was corresponding with top saints brass. the team had been warned to stop by goody and security team in person yet they  kept interacting. talking serious arrogance here. the fact ornstein was even comfortable "koking" about stuff like that in writing says a lot. do people just "joke" about gay issues or racism or sexism in this vain aymore? y does he think its ok to be this callous? that goes to the CULTURE element.

Sections
Shortcuts