SERIOUSLY..what becomes of RIDLEY going forward?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY..what becomes of RIDLEY going forward?

I'll say this...I think you are overrating Ridley a little bit (the whole Ricky Waters comparison...saying he has great potential, etc). Truth is he is not great in potential, nor is he anything like Waters, but the sad fact is that we have no one else, that's the problem. These warnings were out on this player last year, now we are seeing grow into the problem it is - his running style is not something you can just live with - it leads to uproght hits, fumbles and most likely injuries going forward.

I wouldn't cut him right now, but I sure would the first minute the season is over (either that or I'd keep him around for a training camp body). He has no future here and most likely will not amount to much elsewhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

Is the death penalty an option here?  I'm just asking, out of curiosity.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

I think billy likes him to fumble so it's not coaching to blame

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Nothing, bench him and see if he can fix it by next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Gone.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Glue

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I hear the rest rooms need cleaning at the Razor. Ridley to the rescue! Oops, he dropped the toilet brush.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Gotta keep him. Bolden couldnt get much going.

Vereen needs to see the majority of the snaps.

I'm also okay with griding Ridley out on day games. He's guaranteed a fumble in night games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

A park bench me bring half kidding lmao

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Other than 2 good runs when he first came on Bolden had 10 carries for 20 yards. He didn't fumble so he is the starter by default i guess. I think Ridley is the better runner. Bill clearly thinks so to otherwise he would have been benched awhile ago. I guess Bolden is the man until he fumbles than Ridley gets another chance. In the NFL you don't run for 1200 yards and 12 TD's like Ridley did last year if you sux.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In the NFL you don't run for 1200 yards and 12 TD's like Ridley did last year if you sux.

[/QUOTE]

Sure you do, if you beat up on the bad teams and pad your stats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

until he go forward, he needs to call a RB coach to show how to hold the ball correctly. He will be like Welker.  Welker needs to stop dropping balls.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In the NFL you don't run for 1200 yards and 12 TD's like Ridley did last year if you sux.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Give me a break. He's had good games against good teams over the past two years. He was good against the Texans twicwe last year and he was great against a lot of teams in games that they would not have won without him. He was great against New Orleans, Pitt and Miami this year. Three teams with good defenses. Other than then Pitt game which became a blow out they would have lost the other games without him. You can hate Ridley all you want,fine. Saying he SUX is ridiculous and saying he only plays good against bad teams is silly especially when these bad teams would have won if Ridley had not played.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Give me a break. He's had good games against good teams over the past two years. He was good against the Texans twicwe last year and he was great against a lot of teams in games that they would not have won without him. He was great against New Orleans, Pitt and Miami this year. Three teams with good defenses. Other than then Pitt game which became a blow out they would have lost the other games without him. You can hate Ridley all you want,fine. Saying he SUX is ridiculous and saying he only plays good against bad teams is silly especially when these bad teams would have won if Ridley had not played.

[/QUOTE]

dude i tried to win that argument with babe before the year started. it wont work especially with the BS rid is pullin now. if he didnt fumble he'd be really good

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

I think Ridley hits the hole harder and is a little quicker, protecting the ball has to be number one. He struggles with this. Not good 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Woodhead should never be traded in the first place. Right now, he is getting better in SD. Love ridley but he needs to stop fumbling.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

dude i tried to win that argument with babe before the year started. it wont work especially with the BS rid is pullin now. if he didnt fumble he'd be really good

[/QUOTE]

What's funny is last year Babe was pro Ridley saying the Pats are running it more because Ridley is better then BJGE.  Ridley fumbles and if he doesn't solve it he will be gone and out of the NFL. If he solves it he can easily be a 10,000 yard rusher for a career. No one thinks he is Barry Sanders but 1200 yards and 12 TD's against a first place schedule is no joke. As everyone knows Adrian Peterson as well as Kevin Faulk had fumble issues early on before solving them. Ridley needs to solve them. Green Ellis never fumbled, does anyone miss him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's funny is last year Babe was pro Ridley saying the Pats are running it more because Ridley is better then BJGE.  Ridley fumbles and if he doesn't solve it he will be gone and out of the NFL. If he solves it he can easily be a 10,000 yard rusher for a career. No one thinks he is Barry Sanders but 1200 yards and 12 TD's against a first place schedule is no joke. As everyone knows Adrian Peterson as well as Kevin Faulk had fumble issues early on before solving them. Ridley needs to solve them. Green Ellis never fumbled, does anyone miss him?

[/QUOTE]

dont get me wrong i love Ridley. huge supporter. but these last three weeks the fumbles are pissing me off. but i think he is a great talent that can carry our run game he just needs to stop fumbling

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

dont get me wrong i love Ridley. huge supporter. but these last three weeks the fumbles are pissing me off. but i think he is a great talent that can carry our run game he just needs to stop fumbling

[/QUOTE]

He has earned his spot on the bench. I think bolden played well tonight but I do not thinke he is a 25 carry back. Some on these boards think he is and i hope they are right and I am wrong. They will need a running game to get to the super bowl. This is not the 2011 Pats who could pass it on almost every down and win.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has earned his spot on the bench. I think bolden played well tonight but I do not thinke he is a 25 carry back. Some on these boards think he is and i hope they are right and I am wrong. They will need a running game to get to the super bowl. This is not the 2011 Pats who could pass it on almost every down and win.

[/QUOTE]

i've been saying all along ridley 15 carries, bolden 10-12 carries, vereen, 5 carries and 7-10 targets would be good variety

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Spokesman and pitch man for Crazy Glue.  

He could be a TV ad celebrity like "Flo" for Progressive Insurance.   No injury risk, more money, and 4 days of work a year to do 4 commercials.

"So strong it can keep the ball in my hands!" 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Tough break for Ridley.  Defenders helmet lined up perfectly on the ball as Ridley was making his cut.  I would love to make the argument about how that's not his fault and that could have happened to anyone.  Sadly though, he's just bad juju when it comes to securing the ball.  Damn shame, as he's a hell of a runner and I believe he could be a top RB in the League if utilized more.  But for that securing the ball issue... 

I don't see how you put him back on the field after 3 key fumbles in 3 consecutive games.  Yet at the same time, it's winter and we need a strong running game, and he can provide that better than any of our other backs. 

Sections
Shortcuts