Seriously.....will any of this trash talk do anything?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Seriously.....will any of this trash talk do anything?

Will Brady try to "force throws"? Players make dumb penalties?

Jets are grasping.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Seriously.....will any of this trash talk do anything?

Makes for amusing reading....  the most important actions are not words to the press, but, the actions on the field as they speak volumes!!!  Even if they were to lose, the Pats will do so in style while I can imagine what the Jets players will say.  I can see Braylon Edwards still say, even after losing,  "At the end of the day, we are STILL the better team!".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Seriously.....will any of this trash talk do anything?:
    [QUOTE]Will Brady try to "force throws"? Players make dumb penalties? Jets are grasping.
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

All it'll get the Jets is their nose rubbed in it even more when the Pats score.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Yeah,  it draws fan interest....  which is tv revenue.  It's all big business...

Just look at ESPN now-a-days...  More reports on Favre or Tiger's indescencys than the actual games.  Garbage sells.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Rex realized he couldn't match game plans with BB, so he decided he'd try to get his players all hyped up instead.  Maybe they'd win with adrenaline . . . 

Two problems with Rex's strategy, though:

1. the game is in Foxboro, not the Meadowlands, so the Jets won't have the crowd behind them, and 

2. Rex started a little too early--by the time the game rolls around the words are going to have lost their effect

I see a blowout coming actually . . . I'm afraid Rex's rhetoric peaked too soon.  In the end, the game plan will be what matters.  And, as Rex knows, BB is better at game planning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

There have been various theories on why they're doing it (ie take pressure off Sanchez, etc.) but it looks like as clear an order as the sideline kneetripping.  I think they may be putting out so much bulletin board material and so ridiculous that the Patriots have to stop being offended by it, because it is so ludicrous.  There is a point where the Patriots just can't get mad any more, they are making them laugh more than anything else now, almost like a reverse motivator, it becomes irrelevant.  They can't just shut up, because the last thing the Jets and their ilk will tolerate is a headline like "Jets Mum and Serious before heading to Foxboro" - that would almost be a sign they're scared.  So, instead of giving just enough bulletin bard material, they go hog wild and make it so silly that it does nothing, while holding their heads high that they didn't "back down".  They'd rather been seen as proud buffoons than an intimidated serious football team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It gets their faces shown on ESPN. Are there any other games this weekend? Around the Horn, PTI, Sportscenter, it's all they're talking about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

I think trash talking to the degree that fat boy and Cromartie have taken it can only hurt them. Brady doesn't need it to get psyched up for the game....but he is one of those athletes that you really don't want to p1ss off. Look what he did to Anthony Smith of the Steelers a few years ago. Not to mention that Brady lit up Cromartie in December. I think it's detrimental to the Jets. So I would like to take this time to thank the fat man and his dumbazz corner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

It's definitely going to cause more than a few "scuffles" in the last two minutes of the game. When the reality of the loss starts sinking in these loudmouth, bombastic, classless cockknuckles are gonna crash harder than Rex on a Jenny Craig diet.
      I can see a few unsportsmanlike penalties being called on the Jets because they hyped themselves up so much and have to resort to violence because they can't accept defeat like professionals.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time-a! -Monty Python and the Holy Grail

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Seems like the jests and thier coach are the only ones really yapping, they must be so desperate they need trash talking to motivate themselves to even get on the airplane to boston

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I think they have telegraphed their game plan.  Put Brady on the turf.  

Look for the Jets to come full steam at him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think it will.  Every Patriot player will give everything he has to make this win epic and shut them up.  It's personal, all right.  Shut up time.