SERIOUSLY...would you have suspended favre if he were a patriot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY...would you suspend favre if he were a patriot?

He should be embarassed that little Bret is so little lol. Thats punishment enough.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

It really depends on weather the texts/images, at some point, were sent over a network paid for by the Jets Organization.  If that were the case then the NFL would have grounds for immediate dismissal. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaPats. Show VirginiaPats's posts

Simple answer is yes.

He continued to bother her even after she spurned his advances, he represented the Jets organization (aka personal conduct policy), he sent lewd images of himself to her even after she said no thanks. So as per the personal conduct policy in the NFL, yup suspended.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

He's so stupid his wife is as pretty as this Sturgis. How long till she's in playboy? I blame Farve 100%. I can't imagine that she didnt threaten him when she wanted him to stop. You'd have to think that the $ of a ugly divorce would have made him keep his zipper up.  Hey Brett ask Tiger how much.  *500M*

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Suspend no bench yes

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to SERIOUSLY...would you suspend favre if he were a patriot?:
    makes no sense to me this whole jen sterger situation. yep, favre should be censored and fined, but give me a break... he should NOT be suspended. they clearly had a cordial type relationship and she led him on a bit. she seems like a woman scorned or seeking bratty attention. she never complained about being harassed, being uncomfortable or anything before. seems like a great publicity career move, total fake moral play. indirect extortion: if u dont suspend him, i will go public with evidence and sue the nfl and him". totally BOGUS!  hope goodell doesnt cave. face it, if this was brady, no way we would want a suspension, heck even for spygate many here suggested it was just a lanscaping filmi issue.. the players and coaches just happened to keep walking by coincidence on the field. clearly a coincidence they were filmed, right? hey favre should learn... that send her my junk move never WORKS. HAVE yet to change a girl's mind about dating by preempting her by sending out my junk. like she'll say "hey i really was uncomfortable before, but now that i have seen what u r working with, please bring me your 11 inches kool aid.."
    Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN

No.  He should not be suspended.  I'm not justifying a married man playing around, but none of us are perfect.  Who knows what Mr. Favre's relationship is like with his wife?

Sterger has made a career of flaunting her "junk" in front of men's faces.  She shoves her boobs into every guy's face she comes across.  I have to believe that there was some flirting directed at Favre from Sterger.  He wouldn't have thought to save those texts that she sent him for two years later.  If Favre was the type to send his junk to every hottie he sees unsolicited, we would see alot more hotties coming out of the woodwork.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Blame the woman because she is attractive, don't blame the man, he only did what he did because she's a flirty little minx.  Next you'll be telling us that she was asking for it.   And I'm sure you've personally observed her flirtatious behavior and her flaunting her "junk". 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

never have to answer cause he would never be a Patriot.............NEVER HAPPEN.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I want him gone...just gone!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Seriously... Yes.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

The Pats would never had brought him back in the first place.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I like it when a woman flirts with me. I don't get the wrong idea I just take a peek at what they are showing and smile politely.
    People like Farve ruin it by being a jerk. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

The question is why hasn't Goodell suspended him? There has already been a precedent set. He suspended Rothlisberger over "allegations". The police said there wasn't enough evidence to try him, so it's possible the woman in that case was lying, but Goodell suspended & fined him. The reason given was that it made the NFL look bad, even though it was outside of football. This was outside of football, is alleged, made the NFL look bad, & Goodell has done nothing. What is the difference between the two cases? The only thing I can think of is that Favre can walk away because he's made his money, Rothlisberger can't & is in the middle of his career. BTW, IMHO, Goodell makes the NFL look bad every time he shows favoritism in any of his decisions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

she should just sue if she has a case. with all this controversy, she's not going to get a lot of shots in sports media -- exactly why it is harassment. i don't think her case is weaker than the one against isiah thomas, partiuclarly if those messages were sent from favre's phone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY...would you suspend favre if he were a patriot?:
    she should just sue if she has a case. with all this controversy, she's not going to get a lot of shots in sports media -- exactly why it is harassment. i don't think her case is weaker than the one against isiah thomas, partiuclarly if those messages were sent from favre's phone.
    Posted by seattlepat70
    big difference! thomas harassed an underling. he was her boss and supervisor... favre just wanted to be her boss in bed. as long as he did not continue after she made it clear she was not interested or found it offensive, no harm no foul... its the real world, the dark side of "equality. favre was just another employee as her. its NOT harassment if one is not an owner or boss. no big power difference within the official hierarchal charts. she has no case. can only try to extort or blackmail him with the threat of more shame and humiliation. at this point, boo hoo! more we know, less leverage she has! she played it wrong...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

The question is why hasn't Goodell suspended him? There has already been a precedent set. He suspended Rothlisberger over "allegations". The police said there wasn't enough evidence to try him, so it's possible the woman in that case was lying, but Goodell suspended & fined him. The reason given was that it made the NFL look bad, even though it was outside of football. This was outside of football, is alleged, made the NFL look bad, & Goodell has done nothing. What is the difference between the two cases? The only thing I can think of is that Favre can walk away because he's made his money, Rothlisberger can't & is in the middle of his career. BTW, IMHO, Goodell makes the NFL look bad every time he shows favoritism in any of his decisions.
    Posted by .406
    not so big ben (just rumors i heard) was a REPEAT offender. far as i know this is the FIRST such case invollving the legendary favre. i think a better case is what happened with andre johnson. a usually nice guy who snapped and took a few swings. that behavior is supposed to have an automatic one game suspension (at least) but with the upcoming game coming on a thursday plus his history and who he punched among other mitigating circumstances he was spared a suspension. favre should be fined but his track record and the fact that he is a first time offender for a non-criminal issue should be in his favor. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to SERIOUSLY...would you suspend favre if he were a patriot? : No.  He should not be suspended.  I'm not justifying a married man playing around, but none of us are perfect.  Who knows what Mr. Favre's relationship is like with his wife? Sterger has made a career of flaunting her "junk" in front of men's faces.  She shoves her boobs into every guy's face she comes across.  I have to believe that there was some flirting directed at Favre from Sterger.  He wouldn't have thought to save those texts that she sent him for two years later.  If Favre was the type to send his junk to every hottie he sees unsolicited, we would see alot more hotties coming out of the woodwork.
    Posted by knightsailor
    you got it. there was flirting and they TALKED regularly. here are some traditional, conservative high moral integrity pics of her

:

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY...would you suspend favre if he were a patriot? : big difference! thomas harassed an underling. he was her boss and supervisor... favre just wanted to be her boss in bed. as long as he did not continue after she made it clear she was not interested or found it offensive, no harm no foul... its the real world, the dark side of "equality. favre was just another employee as her. its NOT harassment if one is not an owner or boss. no big power difference within the official hierarchal charts. she has no case. can only try to extort or blackmail him with the threat of more shame and humiliation. at this point, boo hoo! more we know, less leverage she has! she played it wrong...

it does not matter whether or not it's a boss. if favre created a "hostile" environment, either he or the organization will be liable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Right or wrong....so far, it is a "she said, he said nothing" tale and how else can you say.. "I'm getting my 15 minutes of fame!" 2 years removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY...would you suspend favre if he were a patriot? : not so big ben (just rumors i heard) was a REPEAT offender. far as i know this is the FIRST such case invollving the legendary favre.

A repeat offender? Repeat accusations is more like it. There was no proof in either case. If the guy is guilty, discipline him. If there's no proof of wrong doing, why discipline him? Again it comes down to Goodell saying it makes the NFL look bad, but it's more like groupies trying to gain attention.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

its NOT harassment if one is not an owner or boss. 

Why do they show you those videos at work if you only sleep through them? It is harassment regardless of where either of them stand in the org structure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

from what i can see is she was doing pretty good  on her own and farve thought he was above all and untouchable.So her tring too make a name for herself I say that is false from which some said on here.Now if she was a no name at all I might say this was true,but do not see that in this case!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

He's not smart enough to EVER be a Patriot!

Sections
Shortcuts