seymor for peppers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

seymor for peppers?

With Brace on board does this make sence at all?  I am talking straight up or future 2-3 rd pick tops, based on contract extension first.  With Seymor's and Hobb's sallary gone they could just about afford him too....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: seymor for peppers?

Nice thinking but then whom do you play at Seymours spot on the end? Also I'm not giving any extra draft picks to Carolina for Peppers as he has never played OLB so he's a question mark.Yes he has been a very good DE on a team that uses a 4-3 defense.So if the Patriots make this move they had better be 100% sure that A)Peppers can play the OLB position and B) That they have a viable replacement for Seymour at the right defensive end position he plays in a 3-4 defense.I guess you think we are going to rename the defense from 3-4 to the WWW.D (Warren,Wilfork,and Wright WD defense)....Cause Peppers wants to be an OLB and he doesn't want to be an under paid one he wants to be paid like a guy whose been playing that position for years and at an all pro level.I just don't see it happening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

no. it makes zero sense. there is no replacement for seymour and no cap space for peppers to find his way to the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

no. it makes zero sense. there is no replacement for seymour and no cap space for peppers to find his way to the team.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

Seymour better be better than last year...cause I thought he had lost a step.  Cap space problem is heavily mitigated by including seymour.  I would rather have Peppers than Seymour at this point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

No you move RS out teams will be running right at that side, this moves makes no since. 

We are going to improve our rush abilities with a better secondary and healthy LBs.  I can't even put in words how much valuable RS is to what the front 7 does in the Pats system than the 10 sacks (been very generous) Peppers can bring.

Brace will be a fine NT not end.  We don't have that dominating end like RS.  Not a good move and I don't understand what the mancrush is with Peppers.  Undersized end for a 3-4, NO experience as 3-4 OLB and he's 29.  Crable based on what BB did in the draft or lack there off is the answer.  Bringing someone like Peppers will take snaps from Crable and both will be learning.  Who makes since is Jason Taylor, he can teach the position and go in on downs. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Seymour better be better than last year...cause I thought he had lost a step.  Cap space problem is heavily mitigated by including seymour.  I would rather have Peppers than Seymour at this point.
    Posted by adam4522

I think part of the problem here is what teams were able to do because our secondary was so bad.  If our CBs can't cover and two receiver formations is enough to move the ball why go into spread offence.  You go into a two TE formation and have guys double on the line so you have two or three guys blocking RS. 

Again it all boils down to our secondary, we should be able to cover guys now.  This will help RS and everyone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Seymour did not lose a step last year.  He was as good, almost as good, or even better than he has been at any point in his career, depending on who you ask.  8 sacks from a 3-4 defensive end is outrageous.  That's like 15+ from a OLB.

Brace is also not a 3-4 end.  He will be a very good nose tackle, but there is nobody on the roster who can replace Seymour.  I love Wilfork, but if a trade had to happen, he would make much more sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

whoa...Pyegian....Wilfork for Peppers...I had not even thought of that scenario.. ....you're right...that is much more probable....Panthers would do it....I don't think the Pats would....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Offcourse the Panthers would, they are now hostages of this guy.  They took a step back this year because of how much cap Peppers is eating up even without signing his tender.

My opinion for what is worth, I wouldn't sign Peppers even as a free agent.  He quit on his team in 2007 because he wasn't happy about his contract.  Look back at guys in the Patriots org that have tried to do the same.  What happened to Branch, Lawyer, Ty ect, so if he's happy for a season records 20 sacks and wants to make more money do the Pats have to re do his contract before he quits again?

Keep this guy away from the Nation.

Sections
Shortcuts